• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help! Cannot OC Fx-4170

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dropped ram to 1600 with an adjusted of 18 something. = That is okay since it is the DDR18xx for some ram performance.
RGone...

EDIT:
But I thought we had all agreed having the ram at 1866 was causing the instability last night? = But you say elsewhere that the ram was actually at DDR2095 after raising FSB. The DDR2095 was likely the issue.
END EDIT.

Last edited:
Ok so after 20 minutes of p95 everything held stable until I took the screenshot of hwm then there was a single core failure. Coincidence? Anyhow the first thing I notice right off the bat is that overclocking with the fsb more so than the multiplier will make things run a little hotter. But I think we are back on the right track!

Attachments

• 46fsb.png
    46fsb.png
    26 KB · Views: 24
  • 46fsb2.png
    46fsb2.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 46fsb3.png
    46fsb3.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 24
N o you got it right ltdan set it to the 1600 with the adjusted speed of 18 something.
We're upping the fsbC_D

Yep you need more power to the cpu or cpuNB try the CPU_NB first. Give it a bump

Seeing the fruits of our labor come together is making me power hungry and now I am wondering how far this chip will go. Lol

no you need more power not stable yet. I'm folding on this machine as we speak and if taking a snip it glitched I know it's not stable.try theNB_CPU like I suggested

add one bump to the cpu/nb voltage and try again.
then give us the snips again so we can confirm your setup.

Just a random question while I watch p95 scroll. When I attempted to use oc genie it automatically went wild and set me to 4.8. Why? How are these things supposed to determine that you want to go full bore right off the bat? Sorry bored and rambling. lol

Ok just had another core failure about 15 minutes in. No screens as temps were fine and settings were the same as the last save for the cpu/nb being bumped one notch.
thanks
tim

Bad ,bad OC genie!!! If you have that software installed I'd get rid of it. OC Genie doesn't think for itself and just follows a predetermined set of parameters. I've found that this kind of oc software isn't too reliable. Who's to say you weren't gonna have shutdown issues it doesn't know any better it'll just throttle you back if things get too hot.

Will try it some more tomorrow. Time for some Bf3 then time with the wife. Have a great night fellas.

Back