• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me to overclock my CPU, again

• Thread starter Deleted member 117404
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Deleted member 117404

Hi all,

Can someone please help me step by step how to archieve the best OC result.
i can get 4.6 stable @ 1.42 V, 30 min stresstesting in AIDA64. when i just 1.41 V aida stress test failed 3 times within the 20 minutes.

Strange thing is when I didnt use my XMP profile before, i was able to get an OC of x47 @ 1.4V stable. (this was before i traded my dead mobo for a new one).
I see lots of people having much lower voltage on 1.42, most using 1.38 V.

Please help me out, what to do and what to try.

If got ripjaws V5 DDR4-3000 CL 15 enabled the XMP.
Multiplier x47
cpu V 1.42

stable @ a max 85 degrees. (need to repaste soon with a good thermal pasta, any recommendations? i head the pk3 is perfect).

Am i stress testing correctly?
Why does cpuid from aida shows its using 1.440 V while stress testing, whil i put 1.42 in BIOS.

Most people say 1.42 is top Voltage for 24/7 daily use. So i dont want to exceed it, but i surely had x 47 before stable @ 1.4V.

Thank you!

oc1.png
http://s10.postimg.org/9nvfh007d/screenshot_8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to play with voltages in the bios to get mine to run where I wanted.
I ended up setting mine to 1.350v to get mine to max at 1.408 (which is where mine was stable for 4.7GHz).
Every board will be a little different, you'll have to do a guess-and-check to get it just right.
And I'm using MX-4 paste, I've used it on my last few builds and like it. Lots of good TIM reviews on here to choose from.

I had to play with voltages in the bios to get mine to run where I wanted.
I ended up setting mine to 1.350v to get mine to max at 1.408 (which is where mine was stable for 4.7GHz).
Every board will be a little different, you'll have to do a guess-and-check to get it just right.
And I'm using MX-4 paste, I've used it on my last few builds and like it. Lots of good TIM reviews on here to choose from.

Thanks for the quick reply
I'm just installed aisuite to check on auto how far it will push. Maybe it does change some other voltages that can make it run smoother, a bit hopeless now. At least I now know I can run this oc x46 on 1.42v

Nah aisuite was nothing, strange thing is i can run x45 on 1.35V in BIOS easy (CPUID jumps to 1.37V) why do i need 1.42 for x47 for only that 100 mhz? thats strange

What about this i got it very stabel at 1.34 V in BIOS @ x45, but different Voltage reports.. Im just unsure cause cpuid goes up to 1.4V

Because you hit the wall: vCore increase is almost linear up to a certain frequency, where you have to add loads of voltage to stabilise.

ah it just crashed after 1 hour benchmark, so now i should try x45 @ 1.35 V?

i dont understand, its al fcking failing

screenshot_4.png

At this point I would start over. Re-set the bios using F5 restart, then set XMP and restart. Go to CPU settings shut off the EIST etc.. all power savings. On MY ASUS board I use level 6 LLC for the CPU. Set 1.35v for the core voltage and test again at 4.5. If that doesn't work drop the multi to 4.4
EDIT: you could also start the whole thing over after the F5 with a fresh BIOS update using the EZflash in BIOS. Sometimes an update helps with different memory.

At this point I would start over. Re-set the bios using F5 restart, then set XMP and restart. Go to CPU settings shut off the EIST etc.. all power savings. On MY ASUS board I use level 6 LLC for the CPU. Set 1.35v for the core voltage and test again at 4.5. If that doesn't work drop the multi to 4.4
EDIT: you could also start the whole thing over after the F5 with a fresh BIOS update using the EZflash in BIOS. Sometimes an update helps with different memory.

Already on latest BIOS, couldnt find the EIST setting, but changed LLC to lvl 6. testing at 1.35 now, did you mean the C-states off?

Yes Cstates, EIST should be there as well under Advanced CPU settings

Did this, disabled C-States, pc immidaitly stating to acting weird, chrome pages are unresponsive. Typing keybaor input slow.

CPU-Z still shows that its droppigng to 800Mhz sometimes, from 4.5 Ghz. Thank much for youre help.

Whats next, im realling doubty to just swallow the intel boost @ 4.2

still not getting a stable oc

screenshot_8.png

please any advise

Go back to post #9, have you tried starting a x44. You can't OC by just plugging numbers in to the BIOS. It needs to have a method. If you can't get stable at 4.5 then you have to start lower. It looks like 1.4v is really close but it also looks like you're closing in on you thermal limit pretty quickly so 4.4 may be your max stable clock with your cooling. Also looks like you have lots of ram have you tried adding a bit to the SA or IO voltages? That may help. I would also add a touch of voltage to the ram itself.
If it were me, I would uninstall aisuite and use this tool to clean after https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B926mvzob6fcTUhlSkxsR3lRV0E/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1 it's specifically for the removal of AISuite. Then go to BIOS and set defaults. Restart then set memory XMP and restart.
After that I would start my overclocking again.

Go back to post #9, have you tried starting a x44. You can't OC by just plugging numbers in to the BIOS. It needs to have a method. If you can't get stable at 4.5 then you have to start lower. It looks like 1.4v is really close but it also looks like you're closing in on you thermal limit pretty quickly so 4.4 may be your max stable clock with your cooling. Also looks like you have lots of ram have you tried adding a bit to the SA or IO voltages? That may help. I would also add a touch of voltage to the ram itself.
If it were me, I would uninstall aisuite and use this tool to clean after https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B926mvzob6fcTUhlSkxsR3lRV0E/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1 it's specifically for the removal of AISuite. Then go to BIOS and set defaults. Restart then set memory XMP and restart.
After that I would start my overclocking again.

what voltages you recommend on sa and io? thank you much for trying to help me, om pretty shure it was stable at 4.7 before on 1.4V, but that was before i got a new MB, still using the same cooling system though.
also strange thing is, it only failes,crashes with aidia, i can game b4 for 4 hours straught without any hickup or crash, same as video editing and visual studio, the pc runs stable, the stresstest fails

The sa io voltages just give them a small offset and test it's hard to say but I would add some voltas to the ram as well like .02v and test. Some boards will under volt the ram I have found. Also a new mobo means doing things all over again like I suggested. They are not all the same

Did all of this even x44 on 1.4 im having within 5 min a hardware failure detected, am i using the correct 4 boxes to stresstest in aida? about temp is ok, system not running at full speed, never had to worry about temps when ik let them run full

Like I said before I would start over. Have you updated the BIOS ?

Mmm i tought i wa on the latest, but asus removed it and upoaded a newer version, 1902, thanks for the tip, its only 5 days old but may help. I will try all over again :drool: thanks you for you dedication to my post! and sry for my bad english

That could be a promising sign if the BIOS you did have has been removed likely it was causing issues

Back