• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me to overclock my CPU, again

• Thread starter Deleted member 117404
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
for me the vids are current, cause they are jumping
so im a bit unsure to be honest, what to do next.
its jumping now from 1.359 - 1.376

screenshot_36.png
screenshot_37.png
screenshot_38.png

Can you show the rest of the readings, I think skylake is backward with the sensors

Why wouldn't it? Its the stock voltage. Sure its dynamic, but, it will show the stock voltage.

I've never found it was that reliable. Too many variations in boards. Plus with the turbo functions it's too variable. With the FX it may have a VID of 1.275 @ 20x but in windows you'll see 1.4v
Maybe it's my OCD ha ha

The platform and board have been out for a while...it should be right when he sets optimized defaults. Its accurate on the MVIIIE. Now... when it first released, that was all over the place, but it seems more in order now. Certainly worth double checking. :)

No voltage read points on the Ranger? Some "ROG" board if it doesn't, LOL!

I don't know for sure but I know it was backward on HWMonitor last time I looked but that system has never been set up permanently so really havenb't ooked much. VID comes from the chip and the board needs it shouldn't be any kind of sensor.

Save your current profile in the BIOS before you reset everything. Running off of default won't show the stock VID in CPUz. You don't want the summary screen in HWinfo you'll want the sensors. Just a list of temps, volts etc.. It should be on that screen. What does the CPUID screen in AIDA show

this, nothing about vid
Untitled.png

and
Untitled.png

Well I can't seem to tell what the actual VID is but lets start with 1.25v Try setting the offset to 0.15v and see what happens when under load. You'll know soon enough. Either it's too low and crashes under stress or it's too high and we can drop it a bit afterward. You'll have to work with it untill it's stable. Just keep a close eye on the voltage when you start your stress test and work from what you see there.

i tought we couldnt stress test with adaptive mode... cause it can go up with 0.1v and is dangerous,

0.15V on the offset i can try, but what about the additional turbo mode cpu core voltage?

Vhhi5vq.jpg

i tought we couldnt stress test with adaptive mode... cause it can go up with 0.1v and is dangerous,

0.15V on the offset i can try, but what about the additional turbo mode cpu core voltage?

Vhhi5vq.jpg

Edit: I tried this values getting qcode 35. I even tried 1.4 with offset of 0.10 and it wouldn't post whatever is choose in adaptive mode it doesn't post. Once back to manuel 1.35 and it's OK. Just the adaptive mode

Use offset not adaptive. Did you enter the additional turbo voltage? If so then don't. Just below that entry where it says offset voltage type in 0.1v we'll start there.

Use offset not adaptive. Did you enter the additional turbo voltage? If so then don't. Just below that entry where it says offset voltage type in 0.1v we'll start there.

0.1v no boot, 0.35v i can boot but the voltage doesnt drop lower then 1.392 in cpu-z, or should i try increasement with 0.1? 0.2 etc..? till it boots?
anyway i tought that adaptive mode is the way to lower voltage in idle.

EDIT: from offset +0.26 i can boot into windows and cpu-z report me a whopping 1.312V while the multiplier is x8

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you still have windows set to performance?

No and i just realised that, when changed it to balanced, from power safer to balance immediately bsod, so upper the voltage now on 0.27V on balanced, CPU-Z shows 1.328V, or should i use peformance?

If you want power savings then yes leave it on balanced.. Since you see what voltage you are getting now I'm assuming you'll need more offset to get to the stable voltage you had for your OC. Like setting .3v offset should get you to 1.35-1.36v in Windows right?

If you want power savings then yes leave it on balanced.. Since you see what voltage you are getting now I'm assuming you'll need more offset to get to the stable voltage you had for your OC. Like setting .3v offset should get you to 1.35-1.36v in Windows right?

yes indeed when i use 0.33v as an offset im exactly getting 1.392V which were it was stable on manual, but i dont see the voltage drop

Last edited by a moderator:
Check all the advanced CPU power settings and make sure they're on. Also check EPU? is enabled

Check all the advanced CPU power settings and make sure they're on. Also check EPU? is enabled

whats to check on the cpu power settings all default, (on) i just enabled epu, no changes to voltage

Check over your manual, I've gotta go boss is callin we got an emergency

Back