• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me to overclock my CPU, again

• Thread starter Deleted member 117404
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know that some who pass Aida can't run this benchmark so whatever you take from that. As I said XTU uses Prime95 in it's test which is quite tough. One stability test is never the be all end all and it's a good idea to try more than one, realbench from ASUS is a good one too. I think you know what you're doing, play with it and see what you come up with. Just keep an eye on your temps and I wouldn't go too far past 1.42v for 24/7 use.

aida failed this within 6 minutes. so is there something wrong with aida then? ill trya sus realbench now, thanks

EDIT; asus benchmark running fine but cpu usage report 10 - 24% usage doesnt really look like a good test for me. what about latst p95 if read that its not so working well

Nope nothing wrong with Aida, you likely need another voltage bump. Try 1.42v and see how it goes. That XTU test is only a couple minutes. You can also try the stability test with it and see how that goes. Once there's more heat the voltage requirements for the CPU will rise slightly. That's why longer tests are necessary

ok so i know my voltages now, next to do is decide which place i am most confortable in, i can proberly get the 90 degrees a bit lower at top spiker it would then hit 47 x 1.42V. What is youre suggestion? i think to sit on the 4.6 right? for the concern of having a working gpu the next two years. if i will go for x46 i will try to lower it down to 1.39v or even lower, will do the stresstest.

after this im needing some help with adaptve or offset mode, as i dont wanne run the full 1.4 needed volt when the cp doesnt need it, i read alot of arctiles, but didnt play around with it yet.

screenshot_24.png

I can't remember if Aida gives you the VID of the CPU but i know core temp does and so does HWinfo 64. Take that number let's just say for example it's 1.25v then add the difference of your current setting of 1.42v as an offset. SO 1.42-1.25= 0.17v as a positive offset to the stock VID this will get you to 1.42 under load. You might have to test it a bit but you'll get there.
If you hav it stable at 4.7 then I'd leave it there you'll be fine for well over two years no worries.

I can't remember if Aida gives you the VID of the CPU but i know core temp does and so does HWinfo 64. Take that number let's just say for example it's 1.25v then add the difference of your current setting of 1.42v as an offset. SO 1.42-1.25= 0.17v as a positive offset to the stock VID this will get you to 1.42 under load. You might have to test it a bit but you'll get there.
If you hav it stable at 4.7 then I'd leave it there you'll be fine for well over two years no worries.

i couldnt make it stable at 4.7 @ 1.42 V, at 1.43 its stable, but like you and many other say, better te keep things under 1.42 so ill take my x46

aida64 holds it 1 hour before a hardware failure detected on 1.42 with 4.7

Sounds good, how'd you make out with the offset?

didn't yet, decided to go back to x46 for the temps, x47 was on 87 degrees, could run it but not recommended i think 1.43v for 24/7 use, and really my pc never reboots, only when need of an update or something. besides i think x46 on a 1.39 is better then a x47 on a 1.43.

So currently im stress testing the x46 @ 1.39, seems stable for an hour now. I will find the lowest voltage first and then try the offset mode.

Or would you still pump it on x47 @ 1.43 :p?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure if im doing things correctly i got it xtu stable x46 @ 1.35V but the voltage meter in hwinfo jumps around from 1.35 till somethimes i see 1.45, same as in HWMonitor from CPUID, its jumps from 1.375 till 1.405V,
it looks like the pc automaticly adds voltage to keep it running i mean x 46 @ 1.34V in bios passed xtu test lol any advise on this?

That's probably becaus LLC is still on auto

oops, i did all the last test after bios with llc on auto, so if im correctly, put it back on llc level 6?
retest starting from lets say 1.34V on x 46?
and can i still use offset later with llc on level 7

That's probably becaus LLC is still on auto

ok i got found my stable overclock 1.35V x 46 max 82 degrees, did alot of testing. I have a setting of LLC6, which uppers the voltage from 1.35 to 1.375 while stressting. Only thing what going on still is that in the graphical summary of hwinfo, the multiplier keeps going from x8 - x15 - x16 - x40 - x46. and so on (in idle state), it never statys low at x8 but always continuesly peaking to x46. what can i do to solve this. Thanks you

as seen in the picture 1.34 llc6 went up to 1.36v in cpu-z and bsod with intel xtx
1.34 with llc7 gives me unnesesairly voltage up to 1.4v

1.35 in bios, llc5 bsod with intel xtu, llc6 max 1..92. almost hat 1.4 that llc7 on 1.34 runs

so what should i choose, 1.34 llc7 up to 1.4V or 1.35 LLC6, up to 1.392V also stable with stresstesting, if my theory is correct, its better to keep it idle on 1.34 then 1.35 or is it better to keep 1.392 instead of peaks to 1.4v?

MMm got a couple of beers down, not thinking clearly :)
screenshot_30.png

Just a busy weekend. I would stick with LLC 6 and the multiplier bouncing around, do you still have EIST,C6,C1e etc. enabled? If so that's what it's for to slow the PC when not under load

i saw indeed the differences when i changed power plan in windows, anyway, when i tr adaptive its noet working. offset +0.001 pc not booting

You first need to know the stock VID of the CPU. Like I said before

You first need to know the stock VID of the CPU. Like I said before

you mean back to stock settings bios?, the VID is greyed out on coretemp, and on HWinfo before i always saw a voltage but here also i dont see anyhting anymore.. i am 100% sure there was some VID information in HWMonitor before, maybe when LLC was off. So factory reset and take that number?

EDIT: i was right, is factory reset the bios, and hwinfo shows me a vid again, also coretemp shows it te me now, not sure which bios settings prevented this to show, will enable ony by one to narrow down later on which one disabled te vid counter.

anyway on coretemp is shows me a jumping vid from 0.81 till 1.40
on windows power safer power plan it gives me a stable 0.8v to 0.816v (x8 and x10 multiplier)

hwinfo refreshes much faster and stays from 0.8 to 1.85 with sometimes a jump to 1.4, (in idle) in stresstest it jump sometimes up to 1.44, and id like to keep bij cstates on so the multiplier can also clock down, or can i not do this with adaptive mode?
which numbber can i now try in bios in adaptive mode?
Thank you, have the feeling that im almost done

screenshot_34.png

Just figure out your stock voltage bud. Boot to windows, load up CPUz and see. Then your offset/adaptive is based off your stock or VID voltage.

There is no reason for you to be at 1.4V while at stock speeds. Did you reset the bios to optimized defaults?

Save your current profile in the BIOS before you reset everything. Running off of default won't show the stock VID in CPUz. You don't want the summary screen in HWinfo you'll want the sensors. Just a list of temps, volts etc.. It should be on that screen. What does the CPUID screen in AIDA show

It had been a while so I DL and installed on the lappy. I chose sensors only at installation and this is what I got. See the VID section. That's not current voltage but the programmed voltage in the CPU

vid.JPG

It had been a while so I DL and installed on the lappy. I chose sensors only at installation and this is what I got. See the VID section. That's not current voltage but the programmed voltage in the CPU

for me the vids are current, cause they are jumping
so im a bit unsure to be honest, what to do next.
its jumping now from 1.359 - 1.376

screenshot_36.png
screenshot_37.png
screenshot_38.png

Back