• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me to overclock my CPU, again

• Thread starter Deleted member 117404
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That could be a promising sign if the BIOS you did have has been removed likely it was causing issues

OK I updated the bios to the latest one. Bios was completely reset and the first bios changes I immidiatly did were:

Xmp on
X45 on 1.4v
Enable fast boot
Fast boot time delay 0 sec
Disabled csm
Disabled legacy USB support
Changed qcode to auto
Asmedia 3.1 fast charge support enabled
Hdd smart self test off
Vt-d enabled
Power on by pcie enabled

So nothing really special related to oc I'm not sure if vt-d is somehow related.

Testing now results follow soon

Let us know how it turns out. Seems it must be working

youre right, first test passed 1:17h, will try a second longer test tonight

Good news, I was hoping it would be that simple.
Vt-d is for virtualization so it shouldn't effect anything on or off in your case.

still looks promising
screenshot_9.png

Looks good Defcon, don't know if you have ever tried XTU from intel but I would give the benchmark a shot with your current settings. It's a tough workout and may cause a bit more heat or it might even fail. It uses a form of P95

What would you suggest x46 on 1.4 or x47 on 1.42 maybe 1.43

See my edit to the last post for the link. I would run XTU now at 4.6 pretty sure it'll fail but maybe not. Just use the benchmark it's the same as the stability test but shorter and you get a score

See my edit to the last post for the link. I would run XTU now at 4.6 pretty sure it'll fail but maybe not. Just use the benchmark it's the same as the stability test but shorter and you get a score

i cannot install the xtu program, i think cause its not officialy supported on windows 10 yet. any new advice for me? ty

Just run the benchmark and see if it passes and watch the temps. XTU will display thr temp and tell you if there's ny throttling

You can give x47 a try now. I'd start with 1.41 if that fails add .01v and test again. XTU is good as a quick test. If it'll pass that benchmark it'll more than likely pas a few hours of Aida. XTU hit the AVX2 instructions a bit harder so can cause more heat and require a touch more voltage IMO

You can give x47 a try now. I'd start with 1.41 if that fails add .01v and test again. XTU is good as a quick test. If it'll pass that benchmark it'll more than likely pas a few hours of Aida. XTU hit the AVX2 instructions a bit harder so can cause more heat and require a touch more voltage IMO

screenshot_22.png

looks promising with 1.41, should i go for aida long test now 6 h? or go to x48 1.42, and are we really shure that intel is a good test, i have my doubts too be honost, ha but you proberly know better:p

I know that some who pass Aida can't run this benchmark so whatever you take from that. As I said XTU uses Prime95 in it's test which is quite tough. One stability test is never the be all end all and it's a good idea to try more than one, realbench from ASUS is a good one too. I think you know what you're doing, play with it and see what you come up with. Just keep an eye on your temps and I wouldn't go too far past 1.42v for 24/7 use.

Back