• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me to overclock my CPU, again

• Thread starter Deleted member 117404
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Check over your manual, I've gotta go boss is callin we got an emergency

Got adaptive mode working, i had to auto setting the SVID instead of disabled, i told u earlier i get qcode 35, but when i change disable svid to auto, it boots fine, clock goes up to 1.408 max and falls back to 0.784v when idle. so i think i found what i need.
Thank you very much for all youre support and i think i can continue fine tune the adaptive mode now. i can swithc between all power modes in windows without any bsod and i believe its stable at 1.408 cause when stresstesting earlier it never crashed when voltage was set on 1.392. This is awesome, finallly after many many hours, once more, big thanks to you Johan

EDIT;

Now im wondering if i can put my ripjaws up to 4000Mhz any advise were to start? XMP enabled on 3000 now. :p

There isn't really a need or purpose (except to play) to get you ram that fast. Performamce increases are negligible in most titles.

Enjoy your pc. :)

There isn't really a need or purpose (except to play) to get you ram that fast. Performamce increases are negligible in most titles.

Enjoy your pc. :)

you think i can get some extra fps? if i tighten the timings?

One or two at best it isn't worth the hassle TBH. I have spent hours tweaking ram and trust me you don't want to go there. OS corruption and possibly BIOS if you push too hard. AS E_D said not worth it.

I run DDR4@3600+ because I can, not because it helps in anything. However couple of times I forgot to change frequency after tests and all was working at stock/auto settings ... and I saw no difference. Simply you can see performance gain in tests or even in games looking at FPS but it doesn't mean you will feel the difference. If minimum FPS is low then you clearly see it but if it's as high or above your display refresh rate then there is nothing to improve. In most cases people can't see the difference above ~30FPS. Gamers sometimes see up to ~50FPS. Most others just want 100FPS+ or something isn't right when they play tetris.

Back