• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX Upgrade - Not so nice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Theres some talk about a new CHVI but right now it is all rumours and hope with a few leakeddesign pic that might be real or not. We can all remember the big hype that proceded Bulldozer I know I will not fall into that kind of hype again.I wouldn't worry about buying the CHV now CD it is a very nice board and you should like it. I'm down in Kingston right now but will be home later this aft will pop up a screen shot with some setting if its not too hot. In the meantime for those that may find it interesting here is a suposed design pic leaked for a couple new Asus boards.

Attachments

• CHVI.jpg
    CHVI.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 66
Hey CD as promised a couple of screen shots of my OC this is at 3.5hrs with prime blend with ambients around 88+*F so my temps are a bit higher than I would like.

Attachments

about what i expect to see, but the socket temp is at the scary point for me, can you get a little more air in there..

yes the cosmos 2 doesnt have great airflow and am working that out now. Because I couldn't get a push pull on the top rad I had to revese my flow ...... will work for now but I have to order some new 140 mm fans or maybe some fan shouds that will reduce to 120 for the inside fans ...... unfortunatly I have to order them from the US and I am not paying 60 shipping for 30 ish in parts it will have to wait till I have something else to add to the order or I can find it up here in Canada.

In a post of yours you had mentioned that you had reversed your fan behind your socket ..... did that have any effect on the socket temp vs blowing into the back of the board? I have an idea to rout the air through the case to one of the side vents .... its a double wall case and shouldnt be too hard.

on my haf942 i now have the fan pulling out and this has helped in respect of my rad fans that i run off my chassis fan headers. it allows my cpu/ socket temp to rise and my fans now come up to full rpm and flow, it seems frakk was right, i was fooling my socket temp sensor. overall this has improved things for me.

the other fan i have added sits on a vga brace that comes with this case and it blows directly onto the vrm section above the 230mm side case fan.
I use the cheapest video card i can find, i am colorblind so what do i really care about it.

Yes I have added a better 230mm fan sucking out the front as well as some ducting which directs air right to the socket area I just need to remove the wimpy stock fan and replace it with a new one I just picked up this weekend it really sucks having most of my stuff in storage right now and will try to reverse my fan in behind my socket. The only big problem I have is my ambients right now with this week looking like it is gonna stay hot and above 90*F all week. So I dont see any chance to do much with it as I just started some drywall work in the basment and there is no way I will move it back down there till all the dust has settled and is cleaned up.

yes would love to but till I can get enough air flow going into the rad or a push pull, I can only fit 3 and a pull only really effects my temps I am stuck going with a reverse flow which does work maybe not as well with this case but there is no way I can fit that last fan above my motherboard and I am not alone see pics in thread below.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712777

bassnut, in my haf 942 i run a 360 rad in the top also but i use ultra kaze 3000's 120x38 fans in push only.i can't fit 25mm in push pull either. look at earthdogs review/build in the review section.

yes I have seen it ...... have been checking things out for a bit but I am using a 280 rad at the top and the choice of high flow fans are allot more limited even more so when you concider I am up here in Canada we dont have very much to choose from. I have only found 3 high preformance fans that will compare to the ultra kaze which I have 2 in storage but I am not sure I can fit a 38mm will have to look tomorrow. Preformance PCS has a 38mm 140 San Ace and Yate Loon Highs and Frozen PCS has those Prolimatech Aluminum Vortex Series fan in the fan reviews by bluezero5

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=36_316_850&products_id=31238

yes but not sure if they are an improvment on the Guild or the NZXT fans I have now.

i think that his issue is not getting the fans but the price of shipping accross the border.

Yes CD it just doesnt make sense o spend more for shipping than it does for the parts ...... lol ....... Godd bless this little heat pump AMD designed for us.

Theres some talk about a new CHVI but right now it is all rumours and hope with a few leakeddesign pic that might be real or not. We can all remember the big hype that proceded Bulldozer I know I will not fall into that kind of hype again.I wouldn't worry about buying the CHV now CD it is a very nice board and you should like it. I'm down in Kingston right now but will be home later this aft will pop up a screen shot with some setting if its not too hot. In the meantime for those that may find it interesting here is a suposed design pic leaked for a couple new Asus boards.

If that image is legit, would be pretty awesome. I have been complaining that ATX needs a redesign for a while now. The trick will be, what case will support it?

Back