• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SWITCH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ILLGUNZ

I'm new at this so if anyone can help me it would be great.. first problem was is i'm running crossfire but latly i'm having problem's in bf2 when i load the game on crossfire mode it crahes so i try to solve the problem and found out it's my second card.. so i sent the card back the received the card back but still the same problem... i got so mad i just switch to xfx 8800gtx.. but the help i need would be i wanna install the 8800gtx but don't want any driver problem's with the old ati driver's.. what should i do to make sure that the old driver's from ati don't mess up with the new 8800gtx driver's.... sorry for the long story....

Well first WELCOME TO THE FORUMS,

Next thing that i'm noticing you saying is you're using crossfire...which is ATI based....you have 8800gtx's which would use SLI not crossfire....Next if you have old ati drivers it will def not work correctly. As stated above get driver cleaner pro and follow the instructions. Next install the lastest drivers from Nvidia. This should solve your issues. Let us know if this fixes it, as i'm sure others can help also. :)

most crossfire boards are pci-e 8x and an 8800GTX will only work on 16x?

well that wouldn't be an issue with one because I think they're backwards compat....but now that you mention it....if it's a crossfire chipset on the board and not an SLI that is the major problem....it's not ment to run nvidia cards in SLI type fashion......

AsusLover said:
well that wouldn't be an issue with one because I think they're backwards compat....but now that you mention it....if it's a crossfire chipset on the board and not an SLI that is the major problem....it's not ment to run nvidia cards in SLI type fashion......

However, if he is running a single nVidia card, it should still work.

torin3 said:
However, if he is running a single nVidia card, it should still work.

yea, which is making sense seeing how he's only really seeing an issue when trying to run both :)

THANK U

I'm just gonna run on one 8800gtx for now till i switch the board... thank u guy''s

THANK'S GUY'S

Took your advice and did everything by the book and just installed the 8800gtx.. The card work's great everything on high and not even a hicupp..

THANK'S AGAIN

ILLGUNZ said:
Took your advice and did everything by the book and just installed the 8800gtx.. The card work's great everything on high and not even a hicupp..

THANK'S AGAIN

Whoo-hoo! Glad to hear that it worked out. The 8800s are a very nice series of cards, I think you'll enjoy even just one until you are ready to switch boards.

Back