• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are you gonna do about it???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberMancer

Registered
I'm doing this...

PICT0002.jpg

My AMD 2500+ @ 2160 MHz

and this...

PICT0003.jpg

My AMD 1400 T-Bird @ 1610

and this...

PICT0005.jpg

My AMD 64 3000+ HTPC

and finally, I'm doing this behind the couch! (But don't tell anyone!)

PICT0006.jpg

Dual AMD 1600+ MPs.

Our team was beat out of the top ten!

What are you going to do about it??

I'm watching sno.lcn skyrocket past me and a bunch of other guys in a 24 hour period, however I can assure you I will catch him soon :D

This is what I'm doing about it :p. Or, what I'm going to do about it. All of the computer but the big one on the end are temporarily permanently off.

im000335uo1.jpg

And a better picture of Asgard, just because i am still impressed by it's size. Oh, it's rack-mountable too, only weighs on the up-side of 70 pounds :eek:

im000328bv1.jpg

And Heimdall while I'm at it:

im000325os8.jpg

Sigh, if only I had taken pics of the P3 HPs that my school had lying around (and if only I got the chance to put seti on them) It was amusing, about 40 of them just sitting there.

All of the small rigs I had lines up I nabbed from my friends computer shop.. He was just throwing them away:beer:

Asgard I got from a friend who had it banned from his dorm room, and I also have a dual pentiumII server now that I think about it... but too lazy to get pics.

Roisen said:
Asgard I got from a friend who had it banned from his dorm room, and I also have a dual pentiumII server now that I think about it... but too lazy to get pics.
Why? Running a pr0n server? Hacking stuff? throwing it at people?

I'm doing this...

On my temporary desk in Florida until we finish building the house if it's before mid-August, otherwise it's until I go back to school :)
Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz

pict0034ls7.jpg

My other temporary desk in Florida.
Intel 945

pict0036jq0.jpg

The aunt's laptop.
1.3 celeron

pict0035bb9.jpg

My little htpc back at the house in Atlanta, but I think the power went out or something I need to have someone swing by and turn it back on.
2.66 celeron for now :(

dscn1731ro1.jpg

And this is what I'm doing ;)

freakdiablo said:
Why? Running a pr0n server? Hacking stuff? throwing it at people?

It was beginning to crack the floor:)

Actually they have a policy about servers, and he just wasn't allowed to have it after his roommate complained about the noise

QuietIce - Opty 180 @ 2.7 GHz (daily)

NB_With.JPG

Picasso (aka Ductworks) - X2 4400 @ 2.7 GHz
Edit: Now an Opty 165 @ 2.9 GHz

Picasso.JPG

No pics of the 2100+ (stock) or the new Opty 165 (still at stock but running on 1.3v).
Edit: The new machine is now running the X2 4400 @ 2.7 GHz

Last edited:
Heres what I'm doing. E6600 currently at 2997 mhz and 1.300 volts. Will have it running at least 3400 mhz by tuesday night.

000_0049.jpg

I've managed to wind up the new 165 to 2880 and it's crunching full-time now. I hit a FSB wall at 320 MHz :( so I'll need to swap chips in the future (w/the 180?) but for now I'll just leave it there ...

Last edited:
If you check my siggy, Im working on a modding project (if you can call it that) thatll have a C2D T5500. If its anything like my moms T2300 in her laptop, itll put out 900-950RAC, possibly a little more since the T5500 is a full C2D (moms is a core duo). If I have a few extra bucks after making the list Ill make that a T7200.

Sorry guys no pics but all I have up now is a opteron 144 . I had 4 other machines but it got too darn hot. Waiting for summer to be over :)

With our team only 50k away from the top ten, this is what I did...

Replaced the 1400 T-bird with an XP 2200+

and I even OCed my HTPC AMD64 3000+ to 2250.

I ask again...

Our team has a chance to make top 10 again.

What are you gonna do about it???

Unfortunately, I can't do a whole lot about it. My outside digital thermometer just hit 106.1 degrees F. It hangs on the back porch in the shade, so its even hotter in the sun. The AC unit has been running 7 hours straight. I shut down every rig in the house to try and help it out.

Having said this before I still hope to get the FX up and running this weekend. It's mounted on the wall just waiting for the wireless card and some motivation on my part. :-/ It's kinda' hard to get to, though, hanging above my desk ~6' off the floor. But everything will be good once the card is in and the cables are hooked up ... :)

After having a computer down for the last two days it's back up and crunching. The 165 is now in the wall mount (Picasso) and the 4400 is in the new machine. So I'm back to three AMD DCs w/2MB L2; 2x 2.7 GHz and a 2.9 GHz. The Air Show is tomorrow but now that I'm done fiddling with the other machines for awhile I can get that FX back on-line Sunday. If you think Picasso looks odd you should see the FX machine ... :D

Back