Today, Radeon Technologies Group released Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3. On the heels of 20.82, the newest release supports the launch of Project CARS 3 and Marvel’s Avengers. Additionally, Fortnite gains quality improvements for end-user issues and optimizations for DX12. Please see the full release notes and download links below.
- Project CARS 3™
- Marvel’s Avengers™
- Using AMD’s latest driver Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.3, a Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GPU offers an average 12% better FPS performance in Fortnite™ (DX12) on the Epic setting, vs. the previous driver iteration, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.1.RS-340
Added Vulkan® Support
- This extension adds more dynamic states. This allows applications to reduce the need to recompile and bind pipeline state objects.
- This extension allows applications to store application-defined data in a 64-bit private data slot.
- This extension adds stricter requirements such that drivers return default RGBA values instead of undefined values for out-of-bounds reads. The number of components returned depends on the number of components present in the selected format.
- This extension indicates the driver’s support for shader modules using the SPV_GOOGLE_user_type SPIR-V extension.
- Mortal Shell™ may experience a game or application crash when opening the inventory window in game.
- Enabling HDR on some Radeon FreeSync 2 displays may intermittently cause the display refresh rate to be forced to the FreeSync ranges minimum refresh rate during gameplay.
- Surviving Mars™ may experience an application crash or hang at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- eFootball PES 2020™ may experience an application crash at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Radeon Overlay may not be available or may fail to invoke on Hybrid Graphics system configurations when playing Hyper Scape™.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive™ may experience intermittent stutter when some applications are running in the background such as third party matchmaking clients or Discord™.
- YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.
- Project CARS 3™ may experience mirror-like corruption when using VR during game menus on GCN based Radeon graphics products.
- Project CARS 3™ may experience performance issues when the Radeon Software performance metrics overlay is enabled.
- Performance issues may be experienced when playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ on select Radeon Vega graphics.
- With Radeon FreeSync enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations, task switching to another display or application may cause the display to flicker for a few moments.
- Brightness flickering may be experienced on some VP9 video content playback through applications or web browsers on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics product system configurations.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
- With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
- Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
- Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- AMD will continue to monitor and investigate any new reports of black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay closely. Users are encouraged to use the new Bug Reporting Tool for any issues they may encounter.
- RS-340, Testing by AMD Performance Labs as OF August 24, 2020 using a test system configured with an Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, a Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics card and Windows 10 x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3, vs. a similarly configured system with Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1, using the game Fortnite™ on the Epic preset and DirectX®12. Performance may vary.
- AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 Driver Version 20.20.27.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.12027.1001).
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
For full details, check out the official Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 release notes from AMD. Let us know in the comments if you’re seeing any performance gains.