• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Build Log: Water & Wood

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for your thoughts Juan :thup:....my carpentry skills suck! :p (the top is particle board as well :()

Some initial thoughts about my PWM fan wall:
At 0% the fans are barely spinning at around 400 RPM and dead silent......and I still get GREAT cooling :cool:

At 100% the fans are all spinning at 2600RPM and the noise level is much higher.....but its a very "whooshy" sound, lots of wind noise, and none of that annoying high pitched squeeling or anything :D

I'm stressing my 2600K at 5GHz right now with fans at minimum...at the wall, the power draw is about 650W....when I crank up the fans to max, the draw shoots up to over 800W :eek: 150W just for fans :rock:

Last edited:
Really curious to see the cpu & gpu temp when those fans at 400 rpm.

Any 120mm fan no matter what the impeller's shape, at 400 rpm is almost noiseless.

My rough goal was to keep the CPU under 75C for 20 passes of LinX with the fans at minimum speed, and the pump being temp controlled by the mobo.

CPU on air @ 4.6GHz - max temp - 67/71/73/69 (I realized 1/2 way through that my clock was an hour behind, which explains the 2+ hour stress test)
air_CPU_46.png

GPUs on air - max temp - 95/90/84
air_GPU_stock.png

CPU on water @ 4.6GHz - max temp - 55/56/58/55 (thats in improvement of 12/15/15/14...and much quieter :cool:)
H2O_CPU_46.png

GPUs on water - max temp - 42/44/45 (thats an improvement of 53/46/39 degrees and MUCH MUCH quieter :D)
H2O_GPU_stock.png

CPU on water @ 5.0GHz - max temp - 69/74/75/70 (not finished yet)
H2O_CPU_50.png

Been a while since I've been back to this thread. Glad to see everything turned out! Looks awesome and @fanwall video holy crap >_>; thing sounds like a mini jet at 100%.

Got some beautiful scores there, good project!

I haven't run it yet, but I have a copy and will eventually :)

Looks like one of the 580s is a bit weak, and won't OC at all :(

No, I don't think so....one of the cards had been on extreme cooling previously (was not told when I bought it).

Looks like the power at my house is having issues running the full rig anyway. I think I might have to drop to 2 GPUs....which is still way overkill :p

Well, I'm gonna keep running all three until I know for sure....but even with a Corsair AX1200 I'm having issues :shock:

Back