• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H-50 Cooler Saving the World From the Zombie Apocalypse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yellowbeard XMS

Official Corsair Tech Support
Exclusively on the Corsair Facebook page, you can find our latest video and get great tips on how to survive the upcoming zombie hordes. Become a fan and check out the video:

Corsair H-50 Video

Using the TRUE in pull only? Yeah, of course it's gonna get hotter...

That's not to say the H-50 doesn't do a better job, but it does skew the results of favor of the Corsair product.

Yeah, due to the spacing on the memory slots, we could not do a "push" setup with the TRUE. But, push vs pull on the TRUE 120 is not very different assuming you have good airflow otherwise.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...-120-extreme-1366-rt-cpu-cooler-review-8.html

But it's still a few degrees difference. Don't get me wrong, I love Corsair, but it seems to me that if you're going to compare something against a "high performance" air cooler, it would make for a more accurate comparison if said air cooler was used in a more optimal and common setup.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to pull this thread down right from the get-go, merely voicing my immediate thoughts on the video.

Last edited:
1 fan or 2 doesn't matter. What DOES matter is that you use the same number and type of fans. If it performs better with the same amount of airflow the corsair product wins... since the fans are 100000x more likely to make a disturbing noise than fins on a thermalright or the water inside the tubes.

I will have to watch the video but if corsair used two fans (or different fans) on the WC they messed up big time.

What DOES matter is that you use the same number and type of fans.
That also isn't a fair comparison. One heatsink might perform better with a certain fan (Different pressure, fix design, spacing, etc); so using just one fan on either, regardless if they are the same, is still a bad comparison.

That also isn't a fair comparison. One heatsink might perform better with a certain fan (Different pressure, fix design, spacing, etc); so using just one fan on either, regardless if they are the same, is still a bad comparison.

Then select a few and use a variety. Same air flow matters to me. But in the end I guess you have to think...

70$ vs 70$.

Then select a few and use a variety. Same air flow matters to me. But in the end I guess you have to think...
Exactly my point and that is why I used multiple fans when I did my huge heatsink review.

i'll pass on prebuilt... i do love the psu's and memory from you guys though. i think you should stay focused on those and not water.

i have to say that i think the test was completely unfair since you used 2 diferent systems .
the mobo and chip combo alone can vary greatly. you could have had a good chip in one and a not so good OCer in the other and we would never know.
personally i dont think you have nearly enough research or effort put into water cooling to break into a market where a LOT of us crunch real numbers in independant tests that dont get faked . your asking to get bitten here
its better to stay in a market you can do well in then to sour your name with a mediocre product in a different market and hurt your reputation like you are doing now

Such a fail from corsair .Those are not identical systems like thorilan sad , although they have same components doesnt mean they are identical , u have set identical voltages and frequency for the chips , but chips are not the same , a chip can be unstable due to insufficient voltage and not temperature , your test proves nothing , you couldn't fit push on the true because you used pretty ram cooler instead ,ask an overclocker what he going to rather use a fan on 130 watt cpu or have a pretty ram cooler over 1.65 volt modules .

Am not in any way company biased ,i recommended your PSU's and ram to a lot of people on this forums , but i will never recommend this over a true and more so a decent water cooling setup.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna say a thing about that system. For some reason I couldn't watch the video.

But you know what I wish for? I wish you guys would update the Nautilus external systems you used to make and bring them back out to market again.
We answer thread after thread about people wanting a good kit, and truth is there hasn't been one in a long time.
Common, it would be cake to build a vertical setup using Swifty's triple Res/Rad and the updated version of the pump you used before.
Leave the waterblock up to the consumer, and don't ship any crazy voodoo snake water with it either, just some PHN nuke and a paper explaining they MUST use distilled water with it.
There's your niche market, now go and get them!

If you need design tips or even plans, I am available. I'm even using a recycled Corsair pump in my unit.

©2009 John Berg :D

Last edited:
haha dig are you of noregian decent? one of my flight instructors a few years ago had the same last name and funny enough he is flying cargo in the northeast these days

I didn't even open the link.

It's kinda been called a TT rehack. Bad bad bad mojo.

I buy a top Corsair ram, a top Corsair PSU, a Corsair WC setup. One of them fails or is just junk, what happens to the consumer's attitude about Corsair?

Bad bad bad mojo for the important Corsair name. You know that Crystler has a new car coming out? It's called the 'Insolvency'. Corsair, you don't need any issues in these tough markets. Shoot the marketers or the tech who pushed this to the execs.

It's kinda been called a TT rehack. Bad bad bad mojo.

Such a fail from corsair .Those are not identical systems like thorilan sad , although they have same components doesnt mean they are identical , u have set identical voltages and frequency for the chips , but chips are not the same , a chip can be unstable due to insufficient voltage and not temperature , your test proves nothing , you couldn't fit pull on the true because you used pretty ram cooler instead ,ask an overclocker what he going to rather use a fan on 130 watt cpu or have a pretty ram cooler over 1.65 volt modules .

Am not in any way company biased ,i recommended your PSU's and ram to a lot of people on this forums , but i will never recommend this over a true and more so a decent water cooling setup.

+1

i have to say that i think the test was completely unfair since you used 2 diferent systems .
the mobo and chip combo alone can vary greatly. you could have had a good chip in one and a not so good OCer in the other and we would never know.
personally i dont think you have nearly enough research or effort put into water cooling to break into a market where a LOT of us crunch real numbers in independant tests that dont get faked . your asking to get bitten here
its better to stay in a market you can do well in then to sour your name with a mediocre product in a different market and hurt your reputation like you are doing now

First, the criticism here is a bit harsh considering that it is leveled based on incorrect assumptions. First, we did NOT fake anything and I don't really appreciate your insinuating such. You could have simply asked instead of assuming things. And you are simply wrong.

Second, the video is showing 2 side by side systems for visual purposes only. Those are show systems from Computex.

What you can't see is the fact that the coolers were rotated between the 2 different systems. The results are consistent and there's been an exhaustive amount of testing done over a long period of time. We did not just throw some poorly done testing out to be dissected on the internet. We know that there are a lot of DIY water cooler guys that know their stuff. But, obviously this product is not aimed at them.

Such a fail from corsair .Those are not identical systems like thorilan sad , although they have same components doesnt mean they are identical , u have set identical voltages and frequency for the chips , but chips are not the same , a chip can be unstable due to insufficient voltage and not temperature , your test proves nothing , you couldn't fit push on the true because you used pretty ram cooler instead ,ask an overclocker what he going to rather use a fan on 130 watt cpu or have a pretty ram cooler over 1.65 volt modules .

Again, the actual testing results are based on multiple systems. And, again, the coolers have been rotated between the 2 systems in the video using identical 975ES CPUs. We did this to accomodate these potential anomolies you are referring to.

As far as the RAM cooler, it's not the cooler that gets in the way. It's the heat sinks on the Dominators. So the same would have occurrred with or without the fan.

Some of you seem think we are just now trying to break into the water cooling realm. We've been in it a while now and had some very solid turn key units. They may not surpass DIY with custom setups but, at the price point, it's not intended to. This is an excellent unit for the price and the package and advantages to be had with it.

And, this certainly is NOT a rebadged TT unit.

If any of you want to discuss this stuff, I am all for it. But, calm down a bit and get your facts straight before heading off on some tangent. If you don't know, don't assume. Just ask. :welcome:

actually i was not insinuating . i was speak as though it could happen ,but, if you took it that way ,then maybe you have had others with the same concerns. primarily from those that do know thier stuff ?
if you want credibility then have someone independant and well known test your systems but give them a clear intent of who the cooler is for and also make sure you dont make any outrageous claims on the packaging . otherwise you will run into a lot of trouble because there is no hard drawn line in the sand that says this is intended for x market not for you people that actually know what you are doing.
if you say to a mechanic " this is fastest accelerating car when the person is looking at a festiva when and you dont say " for the ultra compact cars" then you have just thrown yourself in with the big dogs and you will be held up to that class of standards , and everyone knows the educated customer wont willingly take a worse product if they think they can get a better one for a similar price.

Back