• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H-50 Cooler Saving the World From the Zombie Apocalypse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
actually i was not insinuating . i was speak as though it could happen ,but, if you took it that way ,then maybe you have had others with the same concerns. primarily from those that do know thier stuff ?
if you want credibility then have someone independant and well known test your systems but give them a clear intent of who the cooler is for and also make sure you dont make any outrageous claims on the packaging . otherwise you will run into a lot of trouble because there is no hard drawn line in the sand that says this is intended for x market not for you people that actually know what you are doing.
if you say to a mechanic " this is fastest accelerating car when the person is looking at a festiva when and you dont say " for the ultra compact cars" then you have just thrown yourself in with the big dogs and you will be held up to that class of standards , and everyone knows the educated customer wont willingly take a worse product if they think they can get a better one for a similar price.

We are not making any outrageous claims and certainly none that cannot be backed up. And no, I'm not thinking of other people when I addressed your post. I addressed what you said and informed you that your assumptions were wrong.

Obviously this video is primarily for entertainment and to generate interest. It does not purport to relay exact testing conclusions or scientific methodology. I'd think that you could tell that from the inclusion of zombie humor. If it does not help you, then so be it but it's supposed to be fun.

As far as independent reviews, there are several to be had already and more on the way. But, there is certainly no reason we cannot or should not promote our own products. It's called marketing and companies that don't do it well and back it up with performance, customer service, etc don't last. We've been around a while and this isn't our first rodeo . :beer:

well needless to say we all look forward to you answering the questions with external testing from someone that WE the consumer trust. i didnt say dont promote your product btw i said make sure when you do that the persons you are speaking with know what your aiming at or youll get thrown under the buss. simple as that . the water cooling community is like any other. claim big and you will have to back it up and you yourself said
We know that there are a lot of DIY water cooler guys that know their stuff. But, obviously this product is not aimed at them.
and i said

if you want credibility then have someone independant and well known test your systems but give them a clear intent of who the cooler is for and also make sure you dont make any outrageous claims on the packaging . otherwise you will run into a lot of trouble because there is no hard drawn line in the sand that says " this is intended for x market not for you people that actually know what you are doing".

you are still saying im under some wrong assumptions but you dont say what they are or address them in any way.
i said
actually i was not insinuating . i was speak as though it could happen .

and i did re read what i wrote previously and i understand now how you took it that way and why. i was not insinuating you did fake it but we would again not know that.

basically you came here with a product that does not meet our standards of performance hence you saying its not meant for us . you got responses you didnt like because we point out the swiss cheese and you made counter acusations that some of us are making assumtions and then you have to further post to convince us of the meathodology .

if you want us to take your product more seriously you could probably reconsider the explanation of how you do your tests and provide proof and say things like "we swapped the chips in the systems " because otherwise it appears you are fabricating and trust me you have several people aside from me that are of the same mind .

that doesnt mean you did fabricate and make excuses but when you couple that with no facts numbers or anything to base your counter acusations of "assumptions " , it doesnt paint a pretty picture

basically you came here with a product that does not meet our standards of performance hence you saying its not meant for us . you got responses you didnt like because we point out the swiss cheese and you made counter acusations that some of us are making assumtions and then you have to further post to convince us of the meathodology .

So, are you saying that you speak for the entire forum now? :shrug:

This is really going nowhere. You've obviously missed the point of a humorous video.

quit dodging the questions .
i didnt see anything humorous about your testing methodology.

what where my false assumptions?
i have quoted what you have said but all you have quoted is anything you can try and point a finger to to avoid answering the questions or proving the methodology.

and it was you that said
We know that there are a lot of DIY water cooler guys that know their stuff. But, obviously this product is not aimed at them.

of course this is going nowhere .
we want provable facts, not a swiss cheese videonow if you want to know what should be in a video to dodge this type of go round ...
first and formost it has to fair and verifiable. to do that isnt an easy feat.
now had you come here saying "look at this video advertising our new system aimed at the beginer market". you may have still got a few comments on methodology but at least you would not have a go around with someone that leaves everyone feeling like they lost something.

do you honestly feel that 77C average on that systems core temp is good enough to compete with the systems that the average person in water cooling here would build?

the reason im asking is to figure out why after you have had some people in this thread saying they would pass on it , 2 people saying its a complete fail ( before you said this was not aimed at us) 1 person not even bother since he has heard of it elsewhere , 1 person do the +1 for the it fails post and finally one of the more mild manored people who would not comment on it directly because he couldnt watch the video but expressed concern over the company stratagy.

basically this is what i think.
you came here with a product ( yes lets try this again)
you think this product is good for some reasons ( my guess is because it targets a certain group of people (not us))
but you got lots of critisism right away and it was harsh and you want to defend it.
unfortunately it was like bringing festiva to the corvette show next door on accident

there are several of us here that can help like i said when it comes to what a test should consist of to avoid some of this and we are even amiable to helping make a better product IF it serves us and by that i mean, we arnt about to engineer a new type of baby bottle when we are water coolers here, but as you may know the epople that have taken our info seriously happen to be your major competition and most of them are start up companies that havent been around nearly as long as you guys have yet they are doing GREAT because they listen to us because we are the target market.
but appearantly we are not the target market for your product so our feedback wont be very positive

Last edited:
I know they were comparing it agianst the TRUE, but I think this product has a better niche for the semi serious/starter overclocker. It may be not for someone serious but it has potential, if its quieter, it would be nice in a media PC since it looks relatively compact. I personally will stick with custom WC but hey, give it a chance!

I know they were comparing it agianst the TRUE, but I think this product has a better niche for the semi serious/starter overclocker. It may be not for someone serious but it has potential, if its quieter, it would be nice in a media PC since it looks relatively compact. I personally will stick with custom WC but hey, give it a chance!
Thanks SkiBum1207 and I have had several people make similar comments. I have had a demo unit at LAN and, for various reasons, there were several gamers interested in it.

Cheers. :beer:

I will pretty much agree with what thorilan sad and will add a bit myself , you shouldn't humorously compare a well know name in cooling under questionable circumstances.

The thing is if you did not want criticism you should have stated so , none of this is offense as you interpret it , we gave you honest opinions in response to information you provided to us , which was suspiciously limited and still is .

I still stand behind my comments , this is not in any way a replacement for a "True" , and as far as i know HARDocp did a review of your product , in which they compared it to a "True" and it bluntly outperformed your solution , they have however stated that in the test chassis "True" had an advantage , and with limited mounting solutions of your kit it seems it will have that advantage in most circumstances . In your test the tables were turned very unfairly i might add ( in my honest opinion again).Also "True" is a chunk of metal that is going to be just that in ten years a chunk of metal , where is h50 is a closed loop water cooler that is bound to have liquid evaporate over time and with 2 years warranty it does not provide the value that "True" does . This also has been posted in water cooling section but you are making a comparison to an AIR cooler , which makes this a gimmick.

Am sure thorilan is not speaking for the whole forum and just expressing his opinion just as i , but it seems if someone had something to say, they would . Myself i dont mind having my opinion challenged and if facts are in front of me i will simply agree .

Yours truly , proud owner of 2 Corsair Power Supplys,CS .

Last edited:
what about letting someone trusted in watercooling comunity do a test on it and like thorilan said tell them what market your aiming for
one that i think would be trusted is skinnee
just mine 2cents ;-))

Not too shabby, looks like a solid test. It's too bad they don't do it against a real watercooling setup.

Yes I know it costs more to go real watercooling. But OC Forums is about real watercooling, not a small limited kit that gives a 'Best Buy' experiance. So I'm baised, too bad.

It's a teeny bit better than a TRUE in the test. They didn't bump the TRUE fan speeds up at all, which is to bad.

Anyway, a good piece of hardware for someone who will never need to upgrade for better temps. None of the parts can be used for a bigger WC rig.

Not a 'fail', but it deserves mention as a high end cooler for the noob. Notice I didn't say watercooled.

We'll see how it holds up for parts quality and RMA's as it matures. Hopefully it's better quality than a TT system. I'll revisit this in a year.

I will pretty much agree with what thorilan sad and will add a bit myself , you shouldn't humorously compare a well know name in cooling under questionable circumstances.

The thing is if you did not want criticism you should have stated so , none of this is offense as you interpret it , we gave you honest opinions in response to information you provided to us , which was suspiciously limited and still is .

I still stand behind my comments , this is not in any way a replacement for a "True" , and as far as i know HARDocp did a review of your product , in which they compared it to a "True" and it bluntly outperformed your solution , they have however stated that in the test chassis "True" had an advantage , and with limited mounting solutions of your kit it seems it will have that advantage in most circumstances . In your test the tables were turned very unfairly i might add ( in my honest opinion again).Also "True" is a chunk of metal that is going to be just that in ten years a chunk of metal , where is h50 is a closed loop water cooler that is bound to have liquid evaporate over time and with 2 years warranty it does not provide the value that "True" does . This also has been posted in water cooling section but you are making a comparison to an AIR cooler , which makes this a gimmick.

Am sure thorilan is not speaking for the whole forum and just expressing his opinion just as i , but it seems if someone had something to say, they would . Myself i dont mind having my opinion challenged and if facts are in front of me i will simply agree .

Yours truly , proud owner of 2 Corsair Power Supplys,CS .

Very nicely said. :beer:

Air cooling has the inevitable drawback of being limited by the ambient temperature, no matter how efficient the transfer from chip to fan. The next step up is to use a liquid-cooled setup that is better at absorbing and dissipating the heat produced by the CPU.

from the first page of the tests.
this implies that water cooling doesnt have this drawback?
after the first page it already has me skeptical .
so i looked at the tests and i can say i would have liked them to do a db matching graph where they matched the noise levels and then measured performance in 3-5 ranges

personally i have nothing against the product btw and if it where quieter than a true and had more mounting options it would be a bigger contender.

unfortunately you are talking about compairing apples to oranges here in the technology so everything will be subjective to the buyer

from the first page of the tests.
this implies that water cooling doesnt have this drawback?
after the first page it already has me skeptical .
so i looked at the tests and i can say i would have liked them to do a db matching graph where they matched the noise levels and then measured performance in 3-5 ranges

personally i have nothing against the product btw and if it where quieter than a true and had more mounting options it would be a bigger contender.

unfortunately you are talking about compairing apples to oranges here in the technology so everything will be subjective to the buyer

All air cooled methods are limited by the ambient temperature. HOWEVER, water cooling can get closer to ambient temperatures. Water cooling isn't better than air in terms of lowest possible temperatures... it's better in that it has a lower highest temperature.

You basically posted a plug for your product on a serious OC forum, didnt really explain much, and then expected good responses from serious DIY wc'ers. I can tell its marketing from your wording, but you could have saved some grief by explaining a bit more.

He wasn't plugging his product, he was soliciting feedback, both on the product, and the marketing video.

Basicly he was expressing that he, and by extension his company, respect and value our opinions, based on our experience and expertise.

It would be interesting to see what the results would be if they provided one, or more, samples to some of our seniors to test/review/and provide feedback on.

It's too bad he didn't express that in his first post. It's the same he spammed to a few forums. And maybe asked us for some input before the product was already finalized and on the street.

I'm not dissing you MARCI, never would. But it sure didn't look like a solitation of user inputs with his rabid responses.

Marci`s point on providing one or more examples for seniors testing was also my thought on a better approach along with thorilan`s suggested test results and I would add full specifications.

seems corsair have enough approval to display with there product overview now anyway.

as conumdrum said its down to the long term reliability now as to whether members on this site will ever find circumstance to promote a kit on this forum.

the product seems to have price and ease of install coverd. but upgradability and intergration from the perspectives on whole here is a no go.

it maybe could do well in poorer countries in the future where the premium is a deciding factor depends what you could build to rival it at that price point?

and again as conumdrum notes we could have been approached at a research stage... sure there would have been plenty of feedback on which pump, tubing, rads, coolant and fans to source for a healthy long lasting product.

:shrug:

It's too bad he didn't express that in his first post. It's the same he spammed to a few forums. And maybe asked us for some input before the product was already finalized and on the street.

I'm not dissing you MARCI, never would. But it sure didn't look like a solitation of user inputs with his rabid responses.

Kinda what I was getting at. Guess I should have mentioned that I tried to find the video through google instead of watching on facebook, and instead, I found a couple other postings on other forums with pretty much the verbatim post.

All air cooled methods are limited by the ambient temperature. HOWEVER, water cooling can get closer to ambient temperatures. Water cooling isn't better than air in terms of lowest possible temperatures... it's better in that it has a lower highest temperature.

umn i think i know that .........

Back