• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4B SL6RZ is the bomb!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should work TuffGuy, but all that number means is that it's a 2.4b oem prossesor, so that can mean any 2.4b oem depending on their stock. I prefered to see it in my hand sence I was close to fry's.

PS: passing P95 14 hours now!:D

That's cool you guys. I was the first to post here about the SL6RZ's (I searched, got no hits) and mine is running just fine at 3.33ghz at 1.6 volts. I'm going to pick up another one if Fry's has this special again.

We gotta get a Frys in New Zealand!!!

Can't find a RZ for love nor money here at the moment.

Feeling going nuts ...

Following this forum thread everyday from Sweden - I´m feeling I´m going nuts!

Started collecting stuff for a new puter end last year - no hurry I thougt ... - just getting the right stuff at a desent budget.
So far I now´ve got a
* Lian-Li PC-7
* pair of 256MB XMS PC3200 C2 Corsair
* Thermalright AX-478 + Papst 8412 N/2GM
Planning for a
* Antec True Power 480W
* ATI Radeon 9700 np 128MB

Base should be a
* Dual DDR mobo Granite Bay (Springdale if time goes bye ...)
* P4 capable for 3.0+ GB via oc

Yes - the P4 is my problem ...! This thread make me sure the
SL6RZ is exactly what I need and I can´t find it in Sweden (no OEM:s, only boxed with a draw of luck being C1).

Runtimecomp and Fry´s seems to be the "safe" stores right now and they don´t ship to Sweden!

I´m I right conc. my spec and - what to do?
Next time anyone of you "passes" one of these stores for a SL6RZ - please buy two and ship one to me ...

The SL6RZ seems awesome!

(this my P1 166@200 is pretty tired now ...)

Yes - I know melon_s - that´s a part of my problem ...

OEM = SL6RZ - that´s what we all need ...

Didn´t you have a new, spare one ...

EF´s are boxed C1 ones

Anyone - next time you are sure you are buying a SL6RZ, buy two and contact me ...

Okay, I'll check Fry's this weekend if I see them there I'll pick up an extra one for you.

***Anyone who wants one of these PM me and I'll see how many I can get.***

Last edited:
Melon_stunner I can't get my 2.4b SL6RZ past 3ghz, If I set the dram vcore to 2.9 everything works at 3.2ghz and with 2-2-5-2 timings also. I'm currently using a P4PE w/ (1) 512MB XMS3500. My temps never go over 45c at full load. But I've heard running the memory at 2.9v will kill it in about a months time, since the memory is rated at 2.7v. Do you recommend I just get the Epox 4G4A+? I also don't need to up the cpu voltage to get 3ghz or 3.2ghz. I also heard the Abit IT7 Max2 Ver2 was a great overclocker, but you seem to be having such great results with the Epox 4G4A+ I might just return this board and pick that one up. I see your running your pc3200 at 2.8v, whats the corsair 3200 vcore rated at? Maybe I should just keep mine at 2.9v :( bah I don't know, heh. After running it at 2.9v for 2 hours or so and running sisoft sandra the memory wasn't even warm to the touch.

Try these things...

1). Try running your ram @ 2-6-2-2 (or even higher until stable) and see what happens.

2). Try running your ram the 1:1 ratio if rasing the timmings doesn't work.

3). Try switching the ram to a different dimm. I have to switch mine to the second dimm for it to be stable sometimes.

Answers to your questions...

Your motherboard should be fine don't worry about it. I've been meaning to upgrade my board but my EPOX just keeps on giving. Running the ram @ 2.9 isn't that bad but I wouldn't do it. Try it @ higher timmings. Start @ 2.7 and work your way up and you raise the timmings. (ie. 2.7 (2-6-3-3), 2.8 (2-6-2-2) etc)

My questions...
I am not familiar with your board but you are running all the latest drives, etc? What type of error does it give you @ 3ghz bsod, just won't boot, freezing? LMK okay, good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply melon_stunner. If I have it at 3.2ghz, 4/5 ratio, 2.7v and aggresive memory timings It'll bsod right before the loggin screen appears w/ WinXP. I'll post more detailed results later tonight as I'm at work atm :( . I have all my notes N' such at home :p

Back