• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KT7A- RAID problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronin

Registered
Im having a serious problem with this motherboard. I have just built a new computer from scratch and the mobo, when turned on, makes a long beep and turns off. The monitor doesnt turn on. So it basically doesnt boot. Can someone give me some answers and a detailed description of what to do.

THX in advance.

Put a fan with a tach lead on the fan header closest to the ram slots. If you already have one plugged in there try another one or test it on somebody else's pc that has rpm monitoring in the bios. The tach lead from an enermax power supply will not work for the bios, but will show up with vhm.

i had the same problem it was a simple mistake i made.check out where your processer fan is plugged in it has to be in fan header no.1 or the motherboard wont read you have a fan cooling your processer thats why it shuts down, OR i hope when you seated the processer you pushed down the themister enough to let your chip be seated properly or else like i also did i fried my my 1200 and kt7a raid good luck and i hope its just your fan

Harderclock I love u. Indeed it was in the wrong fan thingy. It was in No.2 Which I thought was No.1

everything on that board is backwards.

Ronin (May 07, 2001 06:13 p.m.):
Harderclock I love u. Indeed it was in the wrong fan thingy. It was in No.2 Which I thought was No.1

everything on that board is backwards.

just nice to return the favor. someone had givin me the same advice a little while ago and i guess i was as excited as you when i got that beast running. so enjoy my friend

I did the same thing. As I said in another thread, Whose idea was it to make Fan 1 the farther one?!?!
I nearly jumped out of my skin when it did that long beep. I had just put in the replacement for a DOA CPU.

I was about to go crazy too. The Dimm Slot are backwards too. I wouldve thought the 1st would be closer to the CPU.

But when it booted I almost masturbated. And that monster fan of mine "GlobalWin FOP-38 was going loud!!" I never knew it was that loud.

You should hear my 4 Sunon 120mm fans in addition to the Global Win. The people I live with are starting to complain. Time to think of sound dampening.

The order of the DIMM slots should not bother you, just fill them all up with the same thing, say 512 sticks? The only problem with them is you have to fill them before you put the video card in, especially if you have a longer one like mine that has 64 meg of DDR :)

Back