• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 6100 acting up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good now we can see what components are being used without going back to the beginning of the thread when it is five pages one now.

Since you say it is not ISP related and in fact you really seem to say it is not related to anything that anyone has suggested to date, then something different has to happen.

You need to get one of Futuremarks benches and test your system against others of like construction. See where you test out against many more. What you score will give us all a better idea perhaps of what is really happening.

Good now we can see what components are being used without going back to the beginning of the thread when it is five pages one now.

Since you say it is not ISP related and in fact you really seem to say it is not related to anything that anyone has suggested to date, then something different has to happen.

You need to get one of Futuremarks benches and test your system against others of like construction. See where you test out against many more. What you score will give us all a better idea perhaps of what is really happening.

Ok I will download and do that later and post the results back here when I'm done.

My scores were:

3DMark Score - P2795
Graphics Score - 2596
Physics Score - 4536
Combined Score - 2799
Graphics Test 1 - 12.91 FPS
Graphics Test 2 - 12.43 FPS
Graphics Test 3 - 15.82 FPS
Graphics Test 4 - 7.5 FPS
Physics Test - 14.4 FPS
Combined Test - 13.02 FPS

I used 3dmark11 with the performance preset.

You're physics score looks low but that's probably down to you're CPU speed and low memory speed but take a look here and there's not much in it. I'm not a gpu guru but it looks ok to me.

You're physics score looks low but that's probably down to you're CPU speed and low memory speed but take a look here and there's not much in it. I'm not a gpu guru but it looks ok to me.

What do you think I should do then?

Is it possible the lag is due to the hard drive? That Caviar Blue isn't really meant for gaming, but then again if you are getting lag in windows...

I'm thinking it's likely an issue with either the ram or the HDD. It's hard to tell from what's been given. If the lag you are describing is not that bad then it's possible there is just something wrong with the hard drive. Typically ram will cause a full freeze if it's bad, but bad ram can cause all sorts of weird problems.

Have you ever gotten a BSOD or a full out crash on the system?

You could also pick up a cheap stick to test it out, although you should run memtest on your current ram first (one stick at a time)

You can get memtest here:

http://www.memtest.org/

Last edited:
Comparing 3dmark11 scores; you are listed as #92 out of at least (but more than) 550 users that listed their comparable systems at Futuremark. So there have to be at least 450 users with FX-6100 and 550Ti video card that are scoring less than you are.

Is it possible the lag is due to the hard drive? That Caviar Blue isn't really meant for gaming, but then again if you are getting lag in windows...

I'm thinking it's likely an issue with either the ram or the HDD. It's hard to tell from what's been given. If the lag you are describing is not that bad then it's possible there is just something wrong with the hard drive. Typically ram will cause a full freeze if it's bad, but bad ram can cause all sorts of weird problems.

Have you ever gotten a BSOD or a full out crash on the system?

You could also pick up a cheap stick to test it out, although you should run memtest on your current ram first (one stick at a time)

You can get memtest here:

http://www.memtest.org/

I've only gotten one bsod since i built this pc and it was before i had the drivers and everything installed and i havent gotten one since then. The cause was ntoskrnl.exe which doesnt tell us anything specific. I will test the ram and such when I get back from class to see whats up, This is pissing me off because i know my system should be performing better lol.

Look at this video:

He's got the same specs as me and hes playing in 1080p and recording and his gameplay is smoother then me playing on a really really low res screen without recording....

Comparing 3dmark11 scores; you are listed as #92 out of at least (but more than) 550 users that listed their comparable systems at Futuremark. So there have to be at least 450 users with FX-6100 and 550Ti video card that are scoring less than you are.

But when I looked at the graph there is a huge gap in between me and the people above me.

Have you considered upgrading the HDD? Not 100% sure if it is the problem, but it certainly can't hurt to pick up a 128gb SSD, you can pick up a Vertex 4 for 99$ on newegg.

So you now need to record your play and let us see what you are talking about. I posted a link earlier to one who was complaining about his video performance and you discarded the link as not useful. So let us see what your setup is actually doing.

Since you are in the top 10% of those posting their 3Dmark11 scores, it is getting tougher all the time to try to look for fixes. A picture is said to be worth 1,000 words. Perhaps a video of your problem will be worth much more.

I've only gotten one bsod since i built this pc and it was before i had the drivers and everything installed and i havent gotten one since then. The cause was ntoskrnl.exe which doesnt tell us anything specific. I will test the ram and such when I get back from class to see whats up, This is pissing me off because i know my system should be performing better lol.

Look at this video:

He's got the same specs as me and hes playing in 1080p and recording and his gameplay is smoother then me playing on a really really low res screen without recording....

So you now need to record your play and let us see what you are talking about. I posted a link earlier to one who was complaining about his video performance and you discarded the link as not useful. So let us see what your setup is actually doing.

Since you are in the top 10% of those posting their 3Dmark11 scores, it is getting tougher all the time to try to look for fixes. A picture is said to be worth 1,000 words. Perhaps a video of your problem will be worth much more.

Alright I just got back from class a little bit ago but I will go record some bf3 footage and then upload it to youtube and then post it here.

This won't be HDD related

Also I'm getting lag and like 25 fps in dayz and i should be getting way more. What program do you recommend I use to get the footage? How is recording footage gunna help you though? When i start recording I lag even worse.

Back