• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD RDNA2/Big Navi Rumors thread:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil last week ... after the store canceled my order on XFX XT6800XT. I already have ASRock XT6800XT in my test rig but wanted another one for gaming (and couldn't resist when I sold some older stuff for some nice money). Single RX6800/XT cards are appearing randomly in stores and need a lot of luck to buy one ... especially at a reasonable price. In both cases, stores had 1 card in delivery (the last one was from Nov last year). There are many more RTX3000 in stores. Maybe prices are not so good but if someone really wants then can buy it without bigger problems.

I already posted that in another thread but here it goes, RX6800XT Red Devil in ITX case. Took me like 4 days to check various options (vertical mount, glass panels, etc.) What's on the photo is from before the last changes. Maybe will post an update later.

2021-02-06.jpg

Also one tip to all who maybe haven't heard about it. Most of these new cards don't work with PCIE 3.0 risers or cause stability issues. So if you want to use it with a riser then be sure it's designed for PCIE 4.0 or in the best case, the card will work at PCIE 3.0 ... in the worst one, it won't work at all.
For me one out of 3 risers works, the Thermaltake but also at PCIE 3.0 "only". I've tested it with and without riser and results were +/- the same (some synthetic benchmarks and benchmarks based on games).

Here is also a link to the AMD website covering this topic:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-270

I got my Powercolor Red Dragon RX 6800 XT today. This thing is huge, here it is next to my GTX 970.

100_0681.JPG

Maybe it's huge but generally runs cooler, uses less power, and is not as loud as most direct competitors from Nvidia. I hope you have a lot of fun with the new card :thup:
I have no idea why someone designed it this way but my ASRock RX6800XT has 3x8pin power connectors what gives it the potential to go up to ~525W when the power limit is at ~317W and it's enough to max out the GPU. The Red Devil goes up to ~325W and has 2x8pin power connectors. ASRock is about as loud as the Red Devil but ASRock's cooler is even longer by about 10mm (330mm in total). The Red Devil is a bit thicker but still fits better to that ITX case on the photo.
Both my cards go up to ~2750MHz when the max clock limit is 2800MHz. The memory clock limit is at sad 2150MHz. I have no idea why AMD limited it so much.

Back