• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5E-Deluxe X48 or Gigabyte GA-x48-DS4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool thanks for the testing/info. I've got some Gf cards and won't be making the CF switch, but the info helps me a lot. Sounds like the Rampage or Maximus Formula are what I'm looking for- for the dual LAN jacks. I only wish you had two 8800's to test it out with, though I won't be gaming on it, just CAD work....

I'm looking at buying an Asus P5E Deluxe mobo but need to know if there's anoyone out there that has actually flashed their P5E Deluxe with a rampage Bios?

Everyone seems to talk about the potential of it being done but I haven't read anywhere of it actually being done. There's plenty of P5E's being flashed.

So.....Has anyone actually flashed their P5E Deluxe to a Rampage and with success?

Any helpful reviews or comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Pasadena.

Im looking to do a whole system upgrade being the P5Q with a 4870x2 or 4850x2 now that I'm finding out that any true dual 16x mobo that's of quality is going to cost a pretty penny.

So many negatives towards the P5E deluxe and the fact that they stopped supporting bios updates kind of tells me that they don't care about it anymore. The Gigabit board GA-x48-DS4 doesn't seemed to be praised either.

Perhaps there are some x38 contenders that are still being sold today like the Quadx38GT Abit? How would this board be for ocing a quad?

Asus released a BIOS update on 8/6/08 so perhaps they're still supporting this BIOS after all?

http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5E_Deluxe/P5E-ASUS-Deluxe-0205.zip

Hello, im new to the computer building scene but i have a decent amount of experience with computer hardware in general. I have recently purchased a p5e deluxe along with corsair 4gig 1066 (pc8500). I switched to the board rather last minute over the gigabyte ds4 x48 b/c of some problems in system set up. After i bought it, i saw that my memory wouldn't run at its advertised speeds. After more research, i came across three options
1. Keep the memory at 800
2. Clock it up as much as u can, highest ive seen with my memory was 1006.
3. Flash the Rampage Formula bios.

The third option looked the best to me. Also, my new room mate has a p5e deluxe and i was takin a look at it, peeled away the "p5e deluxe" label and underneath said "Rampage Formula". That was enough proof to me to just stick it out and just flash the bios. Nervous b/c ive never done it before.

And recently, Asus updated the QVL memory list. To my relief, my memory was added. Still have to flash the bios though. But, from what ive seen from my room mates rig, the p5e deluxe rocks. If u plan on doin xfire, get the deluxe no question about it. And to answer a question i saw above, 16x/8x , 8x/8x video card set up will have significantly less throughput compared to a dual 16x/16x, specially in 19xx/12xx with AA. Hope this helps.

Back