• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad/No Picture when using RGB with AIW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CougarSE

I have a 36" CRT tv that has component lvl inputs on it. My X800 is an AIW with RGB outputs. It doesn't work at all. It works fine over s video but I want the better clarity I should/could get with component. I get a gray screen with the desktop covering it halfway and like 3 mouse cursers.

Another thing. The tv does 800x600 and 1024x768 over the s video but anything higher it acts like a laptop screen does when you get the res too high. What should this thing do with the RGB?

dunno what to tell ya man it could possibly be the fact that the card is still outputting a svideo signal on the RGB and simply needs to out put the correct video signal through the port.

Ok I've hit another issue... I cannot get a signal with my tv tuner input.. it just dont work at all! I'm starting to get madd!

After doing some reading and reinstalling drivers and the media center I have my tv tuner atleast.. Now I need to try the component on the tv....

I'll throw out this piece of advice. At first I had my tv tuner working but it was running like arse. Extremely laggy and horrid cpu utilazation.. well Turned Object Dock off and all is well :-|

Now I have another issue. I have two monitors. A 21" and a 17" I want to have the Tv on the 17 but I cannot drag the tv window over to the other screen?? It only stays on the 21" unlike every other app that just drags accros.

CougarSE said:
After doing some reading and reinstalling drivers and the media center I have my tv tuner atleast.. Now I need to try the component on the tv....

I'll throw out this piece of advice. At first I had my tv tuner working but it was running like arse. Extremely laggy and horrid cpu utilazation.. well Turned Object Dock off and all is well :-|

Now I have another issue. I have two monitors. A 21" and a 17" I want to have the Tv on the 17 but I cannot drag the tv window over to the other screen?? It only stays on the 21" unlike every other app that just drags accros.

i have 3 AIW cards (RAGE 128 PRO, 8500DV Aiw and 9800AIW pro) and i have never had n e probs

Well its working now, I just cant utilize my second monitor like I want too. I know if I set this as the primary monitor it will work.. but I dont want it like that because then the games will play on the little monitor...

Ok I set the small monitor as the primary monitor just so it would work like I want it too.. Now.. how do I turn off this on demand thing? its constantly cacheing to the hdd and all I have is an ide drive so its a little sluggish. I dont need to be able to go back and forth.. I just want to watch tv :(

Back