• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FOXConn Bloodrage X58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Eva's DFI @ 4.7 on air sparked my interest in getting back to my FBR. Was completely unable to break 195, but with a lot of his settings I managed to get 215, my target is 230, but my cooling is just not going to cut it. Especially with the summer on it's way.

I'm using P06 and it appears to be the most stable/lack of minor annoyances. I'm going to try some tests with dual channel mem, I have seen many posts getting higher clocks with dual. :beer:

board would look nice in a HAF 932 case :). i've also been tring to do research with this board. one of the sexiest boards i've ever seen. i'll be watching this thread :beer:

I think Foxconn really dropped the ball. Not making i7 launch (no one really cared about the Renaissance) really hurt them as they lost a lot of potential customers. That coupled with the shortages throughout January and February (practically all of February) really hurt sales. I think the Classified, which was released this past week, has stolen a lot of the thunder.

Still, I agree. This is the sexiest motherboard in town (the baby blue and white caps on the Classified don't match the red/black scheme). A great overclocker too. Just not sure it's among the best as most reviews I've read seem to give it an average rating overall.

something is wrong, do you have writeback cache enabled ?

Here is my two intel MLC in raid on the ICHR

Attachments

• intel ssd.jpg
    intel ssd.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,727
nice maxx ^^^^
Thanks chawks2.

Anyone running SLI with this board? Just tried to run on sli 2 eVGA 285's with this board. With all at stock setting on the 940, I am getting 20k in 3Dmark06. Running a single 285, I get 17.7k. Is this normal? This my first time to run SLI in any rig so I have no idea. TIA....

Just got my Bloodrage! I'll be running RAID 0 with two Intel X25-M 80GB drives. Now, if only the case would get back from the powdercoaters, I'd be good to go.

Havent seen many posts with BIOS settings, so figure I offer my own. baby.gif

In my experience, the items in red text are the most important for a successful i7 oc.

Foxconn "BloodRAGE" Bios P06 Settings

CPU BATCH - 3837A898
CPU Revision - C0

QUANTUM BIOS

BCLK(FSB) - [210]
CPU Turbo - [Disabled]
SYS Turbo - [Enabled]
QPI Link Fast Mode - [Enabled]
QPI Multi - [Auto]
CPU Core Multi - [x20]
CPU Uncore - [x12] <= {stability = MBM x 2 = CPU Uncore}
Memory Bus Multi - [x6]
CPU Clock Skew - [0ps]
IOH Clock Skew - [0ps]

-CPU FEATURES

-PPM - [Enabled]
-EIST - [Disabled]
-CxE - [Disabled]
-EDB - [Disabled]
-Virtualization - [Disabled]
-HT - [Enabled]
-APC - [ALL]
-Memory Settings

-IMC - [Enabled]
-Channel Config - [Independent]
-Channel Interleave- [6 way]
-Rank Interleave- [4 way]
-Virtual XMP - [Disabled]
-DRAM - [Manual]
-tCL - [9]
-tRCD - [9]
-tRP - [9]
-tRAS - [24]
-CR-[Auto]
-tRFC - [88T]
-tWR-[Auto]
-tWTR -[15T]
-tRRD[6T]
-tRTP[6T]
VOLTAGE SETTINGS

-CPU Core - [+260mv]
-CPU Vdroop - [Disabled]
-CPU VTT - [+60mv]
-1.8 PLL - [1.8]
-DRAM - [1.65]

Last edited:
Havent seen many posts with BIOS settings, so figure I offer my own. baby.gif

In my experience, the items in red text are the most important for a successful i7 oc.

QUANTUM BIOS

BCLK(FSB) - [210]
CPU Turbo - [Disabled]
SYS Turbo - [Enabled]
QPI Multi - [Auto]
CPU Core Multi - [x20]
CPU Uncore - [x12] <= {stability = MBM x 2 = CPU Uncore}
Memory Bus Multi - [x6]
CPU Clock Skew - [0ps]
IOH Clock Skew - [0ps]

-CPU FEATURES

-PPM - [Enabled]
-EIST - [Disabled]
-CxE - [Disabled]
-EDB - [Disabled]
-Virtualization - [Disabled]
-HT - [Enabled]
-APC - [ALL]
-Memory Settings

-IMC - [Enabled]
-Channel Config - [Independent]
-Channel Interleave- [6 way]
-Rank Interleave- [4 way]
-Virtual XMP - [Disabled]
-DRAM - [Manual]
-tCL - [9]
-tRCD - [9]
-tRP - [9]
-tRAS - [24]
-CR-[Auto]
-tRFC - [88T]
-tWR-[Auto]
-tWTR -[15T]
-tRRD[6T]
-tRTP[6T]
VOLTAGE SETTINGS

-CPU Core - [+260mv]
-CPU Vdroop - [Disabled]
-CPU VTT - [+60mv]
-1.8 PLL - [1.8]
-DRAM - [1.65]

very nice! got a few questions if you dont mind.

1. did you update your BIOS? is it suggested once you get the board running?
2. what are your idle and load temps with that OC?
3. what is your stock ram timing?

thanks

Last edited:
1. did you update your BIOS? is it suggested once you get the board running?

I have not updated the BIOS past P06, YET. ;)

2. what are your idle and load temps with that OC?

Temps for that C0 batch 920 were decent. Ambient temperature plays a huge factor in my setup, the summer in NY has been cool so far. Idle=50 Load=70, on air!

3. what is your stock ram timing?

Stock RAM timing was 9-9-9-24. However, my OCZ Gold stix needed an exact configuration, I can post this later.

I have been experimenting with my D0 + Redlines, I will be updating this thread before the end of the month with some results. Stay tuned! :D:thup:

I have not updated the BIOS past P06, YET. ;)

Temps for that C0 batch 920 were decent. Ambient temperature plays a huge factor in my setup, the summer in NY has been cool so far. Idle=50 Load=70, on air!

Stock RAM timing was 9-9-9-24. However, my OCZ Gold stix needed an exact configuration, I can post this later.

I have been experimenting with my D0 + Redlines, I will be updating this thread before the end of the month with some results. Stay tuned! :D:thup:

wow 70c load? arent you worried about burning out that chip?

i have OCZ Gold sticks, it would be nice if you could take a screen shot of how you manually configured them with your CPU OC.

g25 (beta) seems to be the best bios for high bclock by allowing pcie tweaking. Unfortunately, max frequency is 102.4. Took me from 219 to 224 bclock though.

Might be worth it to check it out.

...and 70c is darn good for a C0. My C0 is 80c load on water @4.2

i have OCZ Gold sticks, it would be nice if you could take a screen shot of how you manually configured them with your CPU OC.

I already have the settings for the memory in the above post. :confused:

@corpsejockey, yeah, my C0 was pretty good I guess, I am still playing around with my D0. I'm under water, but not sure it really matters because my h20 loop is cooling a 4870 and the damn gpu is just too hot for a cpu/gpu loop.

Dont forget also, I wasnt using turbo, just the x20 multi. It also appears the turbo x21 multi also heats the chip up more, or could just be the summer coming. :D:thup:

I'm working the x21 multi right now and have been unable to find stability past 4.4, but still working. I will be sure to post my info once I have completed my tests.

I haven't played with turbo either. 20 x 210 is it for my C0 cause temps are holding me back. I have a D0 on the way, so hopefully I can take advantage of the extra bclock with the new bios.

K, still think I can push this baby quite a bit more, just havent had time. However, figured I would offer my 8H Linx stable settings etc. .

CPU BATCH - 3845B027
CPU Revision - D0

QUANTUM BIOS

BCLK(FSB) - [205]
CPU Turbo - [Enabled]
SYS Turbo - [Enabled]
QPI Multi - [Auto]
CPU Core Multi - [x20]
CPU Uncore - [x16] <= {stability = MBM x 2 = CPU Uncore}
Memory Bus Multi - [x8]