• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FOXConn Bloodrage X58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't played with turbo either. 20 x 210 is it for my C0 cause temps are holding me back. I have a D0 on the way, so hopefully I can take advantage of the extra bclock with the new bios.

Try disabling HT. Unless you do a lot of video encoding or something like that, HT only makes the temperatures higher for CPU benchmarks, and is of little benefit for now.

I'd give anything for an extra 200MHz over 4 additional virtual cores, because the majority of my applications do not ever use more than 4 physical cores.

Try disabling HT. Unless you do a lot of video encoding or something like that, HT only makes the temperatures higher for CPU benchmarks, and is of little benefit for now.

I'd give anything for an extra 200MHz over 4 additional virtual cores, because the majority of my applications do not ever use more than 4 physical cores.

Going to try that and max out bclk again (if I can).

Anyone else seen the pci-e/bclk hard mod?

Anyone else seen the pci-e/bclk hard mod?

Super awesome, dying for someone to get over 225 BCLK on the BR. Looks like we finally have our answer. I would like someone to explain why the PCIE freq is so critical to BCLKs.

BTW, until a pencil mod or equivalent "noob" mod guide can be written, there is no way in hell a solder iron is coming near my BR. thumbsup.gif It has been incredibly stable and hella fast. <knocking on a tree> Kinda do wish the 4G modules would become available @ a decent price.

I have decided against the hardmod as well. I know they are currently working on a new bios with more pci-e control anyway, so it's probably pointless.

My max so far on this board. Still tweaking.

FBR.215x21.MAX.01.jpg

Oooooooh nice overclock!! Im in the market for x58 and im liking the sound of this board... plus its crazy sexy...

-CPU Core - [+130mv]
-CPU VTT - [+180mv]

What are the base values off which these are calculated? :confused:

Thats what you set it in the bios... For example it will say 1.25v with +0.0 next to it... and you can set the +mv value...

Thats what you set it in the bios... For example it will say 1.25v with +0.0 next to it... and you can set the +mv value...

Oh, i see thanks for the reply.

g25 (beta) seems to be the best bios for high bclock by allowing pcie tweaking. Unfortunately, max frequency is 102.4. Took me from 219 to 224 bclock though.

How does adjusting the pci-e frequency help increase the base clock? I thought that was the video card interface and can do like 8 G/s?

K, so been concentrating more on storage lately and less on OC'ing. Here is my stable P09 settings. I know some of these settings dont exist in P09, but hate restarting my machine to get BIOS settings.

I did have a very bizarre issue with this board on P06. It was up and running for 40+ days then suddenly was no longer stable. I increased volts on VTT + vDDR and stability has returned.

One of these days I'll get back to clocking, but this thing is rock solid and am a HUGE fan of the FBR. :thup:

Foxconn "BloodRAGE" Bios P09 Settings

CPU BATCH - 3845B027
CPU Revision - D0

QUANTUM BIOS

BCLK(FSB) - [205]
CPU Turbo - [Enabled]
SYS Turbo - [Enabled]
QPI Link Fast Mode - [Enabled]
QPI Multi - [Auto]
CPU Core Multi - [x20]
CPU Uncore - [x16] <= {stability = MBM x 2 = CPU Uncore}
Memory Bus Multi - [x8]
CPU Clock Skew - [0ps]
IOH Clock Skew - [0ps]

-CPU FEATURES

-PPM - [Enabled]
-EIST - [Enabled]
-CxE - [Disabled]
-EDB - [Enabled]
-Virtualization - [Enabled]
-HT - [Enabled]
-APC - [ALL]
-Memory Settings

-IMC - [Enabled]
-Channel Config - [Independent]
-Channel Interleave- [6 way]
-Rank Interleave- [4 way]
-Virtual XMP - [Disabled]
-DRAM - [By SPD]
VOLTAGE SETTINGS

-CPU Core - [+130mv]
-CPU Vdroop - [Enabled]
-CPU VTT - [+220mv]
-1.8 PLL - [1.8]
-DRAM - [1.72]<= {stability = VTT + vDDR coordination}
Foxconn "BloodRAGE" Bios P09 Settings

I will generate some *squeak*, hope some noise with the newest FBR BIOS, which looks very promising I might add. STAY TUNED. :D

EDIT
How is that for thread ressurection!

There is not a large community here @ OCF with love for this board, this was also posted on XS and feel it necessary to keep this updated for those who still enjoy this board. :grouphug:

OK gents, upgraded and have some questions/observations.

ALL of these settings were used with small OC, 166 BCLK. Stability is important for me right now and have temperature issues cuz NYC has been like the Sahara :D

P09 BIOS said:
memory timings,largest surprise
7-8-7-20-1-89-10-20-4-8

Best I could muster with G42, SO FAR(Mushkin 6G - 998691):
[8-8-8-20-1-74-11-16-4-5]

P09 BIOS said:
memory settings,non-existent "feature"
B2B CAS Delay(?)

G42 has this set to AUTO.

P09 BIOS said:
PNP section,wacko setting
INT Pin Assignment (?) there are 8 settings - ALL set to AUTO, EXCEPT 6/7 = 15/4 respectively (wtf?)

ALL of these are set to AUTO in G42.

P09 BIOS said:
Quantum BIOS section,non-existent "feature"
CPU WB Cache (?)

G42 has this set to Enabled.

P09 BIOS said:
Voltage area,"shocking" :D
CPU Core - Auto (1.1625)

G42 has this set to Default = v1.3 :shock: Strangely, this does not appear to bust my temps, they seem to be the same. Wonder if the P09 was not properly defaulting voltage??

Only time will tell if this BIOS can stand up to P09 for stability. It needs to beat 92 days. :thup:

What an experience I had last night getting my FBR to use 12G(Blackline - 998776).

Last night when attempting to move from 6-> 12G I encountered a MULTITUDE of problems. Honestly, it's the first time EVER I have had issues with this mobo, 2 hours to configure and stabilize @ stock is plain ridiculous, but I have a soft spot for this board so I was able to control my anger. :rolleyes:

Prologue
FBR @ P42
i7 930 @ 166 @ 16664(Redline 6G)
4 x OCZ "hybrid" RAID 0
3 x HDD RAID 5 Areca controller
1 x HDD external on Port 4 of ICH
5870 1GB

Details
Prior to starting, I reset the memory settings to default or "By SPD" before placing the 12G in the machine. Upon adding the stix, they REFUSED to work. I attempted to determine if the stix were bad by putting 2 in each slot methodically. 8GB worked with all combinations of the 3 stix, but ALL 3 for 12G just hung @ boot with the BIOS text.

Since I was on P42, I thought maybe it had something to do with the BIOS, so I upgraded to P11. After the upgraded I received the dreaded "A1 hang" - read about this prior, so was prepared to leverage the "Load optimized defaults" and was back on my way to troubleshooting the 12G issue.

Placed all 3 stix in the board and VOILA, it saw all 3 stix and was on my way to using 12G. Woohoo. Not so fast. :(

Observed BIOS behavior

I started to see some strange behavior on the board when playing around with the uncore/cpu ratios. I noticed by default with an "Auto" configuration and not enabling "System Turbo" the default memory speed was 1067 w/ timings of 7-7-7-20. In the past, I used a 10x-20x ratio on the memory to get 1333 for future overclocking considerations. My goal was 166 using 10x-20x memory/uncore ratio with the 12G stix, considering this was rather simple with 6GB, I figured it would be just as simple.

Slowly with each option I would save the BIOS to ensure a setting was not causing a warm boot/overclock recovery from happening. I was able to get my configuration saved and enabled the "System Turbo" to start "playing" with the 12G of memory. I set the memory/uncore ratio to 10x-20x, saved settings and restarted. BOOM - overclock recovery. This was @ default speeds of 133 @ 1333 memory speed. I was a bit baffled as to why EACH AND EVERY time I set the ratio to 10x-20x it would go into an overclock recovery mode (did not play with timings, allowed "By SPD" to do it for me).

Plot thickens

After getting over my "baffalism", I decided it must be the uncore ratio and decided to drop it down to 8x-16x, this sure should work as the Blacklines are rated for 1600 and running @ 1067 should be no issue (1333 should be no issue also). BOOM overclock recovery. Again completely baffled as to why this was occuring. Next decided to change the timings on the memory to the rated timings (9-9-9-24) and once again tried the 10/20 ratio. BOOM overclock recovery. Dropped the ratio again to 8/16, BOOM overclock recovery!! It was a good thing I had a healthy supply of beers in the fridge or I probably would have allowed my anger to get the better of me. :D

Sub-Plot success?

Now I had correct timings, no legitimate uncore/cpu ratio was working without receiving an overclock recovery error. Hmmmmm, what to try next; I decided to leave the CPU ratio to "Auto" and change just the memory uncore to 20x for poops and giggles. HOLY CRAP! It worked, I was now able to boot @ 133 @ 1333 with Auto/20x ratio. :thup: However, on my next restart BOOM overclock recovery! :mad::bang head:mad:

This definitely seems odd to me, how am I able to get in once, but on a restart I get an overclock recovery error? If anyone can provide help OR if there is anything additional I can provide to help me out on this one, please let me know. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
blindfitter on XS said:
Had similar issues here, just turn off overclocking recovery, its in Quantum Bios, last option, select disabled.

Thx BF. Appreciate it, wonder why this "feature" does not behave properly. Oh well. Thanks again. :attn:

Unfortunately, if you're doing some serious oc'ing disabling the recovery option could be quite a pain, but I guess you could just keep going to OC gear and load your settings etc.

I'm bumping my FBR once again. Sandy Bridge is getting too much press these days. :D

Here is my stable P11 settings. Very upset I let my 920 D0 go, it truly was a golden chip.:rain:

One of these days I'll get back to clocking (..back briefly.. :D), but this thing is rock solid and am a HUGE fan of the FBR. :thup:

Foxconn "BloodRAGE" Bios P11 Settings

CPU BATCH - i7 930 - UNKNOWN
CPU Revision - D0

QUANTUM BIOS

BCLK(FSB) - [185]
CPU Turbo - [Enabled]
SYS Turbo - [Enabled]
QPI Multi - [x18]
CPU Core Multi - [x21(22)]
Memory Bus Multi - [x8]
CPU Clock Skew - [0ps]
IOH Clock Skew - [0ps]

-CPU FEATURES

-PPM - [Enabled]
-EIST - [Enabled]
-CxE - [Disabled]
-EDB - [Enabled]
-Virtualization - [Disabled]
-HT - [Enabled]
-APC - [ALL]
-Memory Settings

-IMC - [Enabled]
-DRAM - [By SPD]
VOLTAGE SETTINGS

-CPU Core - [+200mv]
-CPU Vdroop - [Disabled]
-CPU VTT - [+100mv]
-1.8 PLL - [1.8]
-DRAM - [1.65]<= {stability = VTT + vDDR coordination}
Foxconn "BloodRAGE" Bios P11 Settings

I'm bumping my FBR once again. Sandy Bridge is getting too much press these days. :D

Here is my stable P11 settings. Very upset I let my 920 D0 go, it truly was a golden chip.:rain:

One of these days I'll get back to clocking (..back briefly.. :D), but this thing is rock solid and am a HUGE fan of the FBR. :thup:

CPU BATCH - i7 930 - UNKNOWN
CPU Revision - D0

QUANTUM BIOS

BCLK(FSB) - [185]
CPU Turbo - [Enabled]
SYS Turbo - [Enabled]
QPI Multi - [x18]
CPU Core Multi - [x21(22)]
Memory Bus Multi - [x8]
CPU Clock Skew - [0ps]
IOH Clock Skew - [0ps]

-CPU FEATURES

-PPM - [Enabled]
-EIST - [Enabled]
-CxE - [Disabled]
-EDB - [Enabled]
-Virtualization - [Disabled]
-HT - [Enabled]
-APC - [ALL]
-Memory Settings

-IMC - [Enabled]
-DRAM - [By SPD]
VOLTAGE SETTINGS

-CPU Core - [+200mv]
-CPU Vdroop - [Disabled]
-CPU VTT - [+100mv]
-1.8 PLL - [1.8]
-DRAM - [1.65]<= {stability = VTT + vDDR coordination}

Hey, are you using Fermi (GTX 4xx or 5xx) cards with this, because I heard that only G42 or G44 beta BIOS supports these video cards? (Never mind.. sorry, just saw that you used a 5870 a few posts above).

And you're still using 12GB (3 x 4GB) of memory just fine with P11 bios?

Back