• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 8150 with H100i OC! Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree RMA that Mobo and keep the rest of your set nothing wrong there IMO and get a better board that will deliver the power to that CPU!!! So for now just run at stock and get a Diff Board latter on OK. AJ.

the pro r2 sounds solid and if its built like mine you should not have any trouble,

the diff between the ud5 ud7 was power delivery ud7 has LLC to counter vdroop, in the ud5 you need counter the vdroop by increasing vcore manualy(no LLC). but i havent heard bad things about them. especially the newer revisions. heck even the bulldozer oc guide here on the forums was wrote using a ud7 board.

well depending on price bracket i can recommend the Asus Sabertooth 990fx big and meaty power delivery, any of the asus Crosshair v series mobos or Gigagbyte 990FXA-UD7/UD5 or you can go with what i have the M5A99X-EVO (yes it has only 6+2 power phases but it can handle a load with the fx [email protected]). From what i saw MSI is not recomended neither is asrock(not bad boards but not too god for OC because of weak power delivery)

The ASRock Fatality series has "Digital PWM Design, Advanced V12 + 2 Power Phase Design". Not sure what the "V" in V12 stands for. Virtual? But it goes for around $170 on NewEgg. Your best bet would be the Asus Crosshair and right behind it would be the Sabertooth.

from what i hear about the fatality it`s a modified 4+1 it has them split 1cpu phase =3 mosfets
there is no real 12+x neither 8+2. it`s more like a marketing campain to fool us
there was a discusion over on extremeoverclockers about power phases
but yeah he should go with the crosshair

PS i counted 12 chokes on asrock but with 12 it can`t be 12+2 unless some cpu phases shares with auxiliar

So Gigabyte, asus, or what else have a chance? :) Well asus formula-Z cost a looot :(

Could you please set up list of good amd mobos? Like 1st formula_Z etc etc

Hey sorry for saying this but after 150 posts you should have idea by now! Look Trents myself and other members have gave you what boards you need to look at. We have all worked really hard to help you IMO so please take the time to listen. Regards AJ.

1 asus Crosshair V Formula ThunderBolt
2 asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
3 asus Crosshair V Formula
4 GIGABYTE - 990FXA-UD7
5 asus SABERTOOTH 990FX
6 GIGABYTE - 990FXA-UD5
7 asus M5A99X EVO/ R2,0
8 asus M5a99FX PRO/R2,0
this is my recomended mobo list

I m considering that I will buy AVerMedia Live Gamer HD instead of new mobo and OCing , cos streaming with Xplit is like from my 400 fps in game in league of legends I get only 100 and less and its laggin' :( Also thinking about about SSD

Questions for you guys. How much would I get with asus M5A99X EVO/ R2,0, I think like 4.7?
Then How much increase performance SSD?
Then do you know Avermedia live gamer HD?
How much performance different is between 4100 and 4700 mhz?

4.8ghz no problem on m5a99x
ssd got my boot time down from 45-50sec to 11-13
oc performnace gain ? well all i can say is... you feel it. i can`t quantify it

Well I cant still make choice. What IF it will be bad mobo again :( What about ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 how much OC I could reach there?

SSD affects f.e. some fps in game? Or recording with xplit?

7 asus M5A99X EVO/ R2,0
8 asus M5a99FX PRO/R2,0

diff between these two mobos?

EDIT2: Btw are you sure with 4,8 ghz? with m5a99x ? Because it its 100% Im definitly going to buy it

Last edited:
the ssd afects loading speed of windows, apps installed on ssd , i haven`t noticed fps gains in-game.
As for 100% to get 4.8.... it rather depends on the cpu, how well is the block seated on the cpu, how low is the ambient, etc . All i`m saying is that that my m5a99x evo can handle 4.8 . Don`t forget in the world of PC-s nothing is 100% sure. BUT IN THEORY it can get to 4.8. I can say that 4.4-4.5 is allmost a given. In closeing if you buy the 99x evo and you won`t be disapointed.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please feel free to write.

7 asus M5A99X EVO/ R2,0
8 asus M5a99FX PRO/R2,0

diff between these two mobos? it is the same?

Back