• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Opteron results anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ty and yess i id see some of the threads about this but i would also like to see if anyone new has results

Does no one know how to use the search button? There's a whole crapload of threads running about with answers to common questions and recent OCs as well.

bri1 said:
ty and yess i id see some of the threads about this but i would also like to see if anyone new has results

If someone had new results they'd probley post them in there thread that they created and the official opty thread thats running around out there.

I really dont hate all the thread's about the new opty's it just really makes me mad that I dont have the fund's untill around the 1st of the yr to build a new setup and as of right now that will cost me about 800 bux.

And yes there is more then enough about 144's 146's 148's 165's and 170's.

Edited

Please don't post things like this in the future. This does not contribute to the discussion.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
bri1 said:
Edited by mdcomp

Hate to continue the bash but I would rather you stop that kind of stuff. People take offence to that. Also, this isn't anything terrible. We're telling you to read. Not that you should go attempt suicide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheator said:
Hate to continue the bash but I would rather you stop that kind of stuff. People take offence to that. Also, this isn't anything terrible. We're telling you to read. Not that you should go attempt suicide.

Exactly, please keep that in mind bri1. On the other hand, I don't like how much of this thread was handled. I am giving this thread a chance to be redeemed. However, it really dissapoints me that members just post "Go Search". I don't care how many times someone posts a thread, please be polite when telling people to search and it wouldn't kill you to post a few links and lead the member asking the question in the right direction. I have always thought that leading by example is how people learn what's right and what's wrong. How did you learn everything? Most likely, by reading like I did. I learned how to behave according to how others behave. Members will get the point if you are polite and productive, rather than just saying "Search". If you have any questions or comments, pm me. This is not up for discussion.

Overclocking results are up for discussion, post 'em.

Matt

Thanks for the compassion Matt

i searched the first time someone told me i just wanted to make sure i got the best info if someeon else knew something that i couldent find in the forums but it really started to hurt when like 10 our of the 11 posts where telling me to go search it really doesnt help :(

i have used the search. however, i would be interested to know the CURRENT results. where you bought your chip, the exact day, 144, 146, or 148, stepping, OC, ect.

Opteron 146 CABYE 0540 FPBW

3002.JPG

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//3002cpuz.JPG

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//3002cpuMem.JPG

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//146MaxTCase.JPG

soundx98 said:
If you list your equipment in your signature it will allow others to help you better

why would you need to know my stuff to give me your results?

plz explain

Overclocking results for any CPU are also dependent on the associated componets. (mobo, RAM, HeatSink, memory, etc)

If I was reading someone's signature and they had the same components as what I/you were considering I'd probably be asking Memory timings and voltages next.

I'm pretty sure my Opteron would go higher with phase change or water cooling. And I'm pretty sure it would overclock less on most other motherboards. Better mem bandwidth with different memory, etc.

Hey, but at least I posted my results. Good luck with your build.

whell my stuff really donesnt matter but if you must know
lanpary el r2 ocz ram 6800gs

good watercooling

Back