• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Opteron results anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got my Opty 148 caybe 0540 running 2829 Mhz on my suxor Av8, waiting on
a Asrock hoping it will do better with my TCCD.

Attachments

• Opty 148.JPG
    Opty 148.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 199
ya seems a little week concidering its a 148 but you should get more with a good board either way i havent seen many results on 148s maby they dont oc as well

bri1 said:
ya seems a little week concidering its a 148 but you should get more with a good board either way i havent seen many results on 148s maby they dont oc as well

no it doesnt. all in all, 144/146/148 seem to all overclock the same for cabye (2.7-3.0)

you sure i mean 148 starts with a 11 multiplyer as apposed to a 9 multiplyer so with each mhz added to fsb its 11 mhz to cpu so wouldent that make it ezier to get higher clocks?

see sig.

CABYE Opty 146 on stock cooling till my Zalman comes in 10x285 running crappy ram a little slow at 190 but at 1T, dont want to juice it much till im off the stock HSF.

bri1 said:
you sure i mean 148 starts with a 11 multiplyer as apposed to a 9 multiplyer so with each mhz added to fsb its 11 mhz to cpu so wouldent that make it ezier to get higher clocks?
No, higher multiplier only means that the person will need lower HTT speed to hit a certain CPU speed, other than that it all depends on luck of the draw.
Also 2.83GHz at stock voltage is a very good OC.

There are already IMHO two excellent threads dedicated to overclocking results. The problem is these threads lack viable data on new Opteron results, with the exception of Houserat and this 3.0ghz opty on Pi1M.
SuperPi 1M
A64 Overclocking Result Collection

I use the data to decide to buy or not. Bottom line. The results of the Winnie, and the Venice, both caused me to purchase. Not to mention one of the main reasons I joined this forum....the organization of data.

It would be very nice to see the data on the new Opterons presented in a uniform fashion, just as I and many others have done to create these fine databases.

I guess mine will hit around 3 wit enough v-core, but i cant get my TCCD to play along with this crappy Av8 so 257 is max HTT.

BOOHOOO!!1 :cry: I was just going to fit my brand new opteron 148 CABYE 0540 FPBW , when i noticed one of the pins where bent, all the way. Tried bend it back just in case but it instantly broke off. Didn't get the chance to even test it. Now I got to RMA, and I might not even get a good one. :cry: I'm so sad :(

gonna have a tough time RMAing a CPU with a broken pin.
Just not gonna happen.

This guy bailed me out of a similar situation
www.motherboardrepair.com - Gary Lee I believe.
May want to save the addy for future reference. Highly recommended.

I also understand some jewelers can do a fix.
Not something you would want to take out of a board once repaired either.

Best of Luck man.

ocZer said:
BOOHOOO!!1 :cry: I was just going to fit my brand new opteron 148 CABYE 0540 FPBW , when i noticed one of the pins where bent, all the way. Tried bend it back just in case but it instantly broke off. Didn't get the chance to even test it. Now I got to RMA, and I might not even get a good one. :cry: I'm so sad :(
Post a pic of the pin you broke off, with enough luck it'd be a "NC" (Not Connected) pin and the CPU will still work. Someone on XS managed to break off like 15 or something pins and his CPU still worked great.

So what you are saying is that I will have to pay for their mistakes. Life sucks. :bang head

These are pics of the broken pin. Sorry about the quality. Took them with my cell.

edit: Data sheet says MEM DATA 113 PIN AL24
What could happen if I just used it anyway?

Attachments

• Picture(2).jpg
    Picture(2).jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture(3).jpg
    Picture(3).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture(1).jpg
    Picture(1).jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Unfortunatly that looks like a memdata pin, the CPU will not work with out.
First of all contact the place you bought it at and tell them what happened, see if they'll replace it for you, if not try to do the same directly with AMD. Might be worth a shot

yeah if it's a retail cpu you might be lucky to get amd to replace it under warranty.

back in the day i had a 486dx-33 with a broken pin. turns out it was one of the 32-bit address pins...the computer would hard lock whenever i tried to run windows :)

Back