• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Opteron results anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ocZer said:
Good news. I spooke to my retailer and they are going to replace my opteron 148 that had a broken pin. They only had 3 left so they where going to make sure there was one left for me, and they already packed it for shipping so that it is ready for when my RMA arrived. Sent it express 24h, so I will probably have my replacement someday this week. That is what I call customer service. They also confirmed that they will no longer be available once they run out.

yes im happy 2 i called up monarch and asked them why my stuff hasnt been shiped yeat and they said there was a problem where amd sent them the wrong processor and now i had 2 day shpping :)

Got the replacement for my RMA today. CABYE 0540 FPBW. Burning in right now. 250*11=2750 stock volts straight off. Tried 275*11 and 300*10 but had to raise volts to 1.6. After a while temps climbed a lot and bacame unstable. Have to replace the stock cooler, but I belive it will definatly do 3GHz after AS5 has settled in and maybe with some better cooling.

Great to hear that you got a great stepping for the replacement RMA.

My Opty 146 reminds me a lot of my XP Mobile chips' characteristics.
All good at minimal voltage up to 2300MHz and then the voltage needed to remain stable and the heat generated took off like a rocket. Needed 1.9v over 2500MHz.

Smae thing with the 146, default voltage up to 2800 and then "Whoa Nellie, bar the door" here it comes. 1.45v at 2900, 1.47v at 2950 and 1.5v to pass Prime95 at 3GHz.Still simply an amazing buy for the dough.

Good luck with the OC!

those ***** at monarch still havent sent mine out god damn

ya i dident order it over 2 weeks ago (just kidding i did)

Bri1, it would be nice if you would watch what you're saying. I really don't care if Monarch is making you angry or how they've messed up, I'd appreciate it if you would not curse my God thank you very much. Even if what you said isn't against the forum rules you need to think about what you are saying, you don't know how others are going to feel or react.

This isn't any sort of an attack but you really could/need-to be more considerate of others and watch what you are saying.

148 CABYE0543 FPMW

alot of fun for the money

blah3ur.jpg

wow bril, not sent yet when the heck did you order, they sent my combo order out friday.... the 9th, i only ordered on the 25th

ya i ordered it on the 22nd and they just now told me it will be here some time this week

Back