• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Opteron results anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So whats with you guys complaining about someone asking questions ?
Have no life ? Nothing better to do then complain ? Make you feel like a big guy ?
Give me a break its not like you were forced to come respond to his post lol.

Only stupid question is the one that goes unasked...so what if its been asked befor its not hurting you for him to ask again.

I have asked my share of dumb questions around here and certainly wouldnt want people responding like that.

Feel free to flame away lol

Just ordered a Opteron 148 from newegg ($239.64 shipped). Hoping for a CABYE. Will post results once i have my full new rig rebuilt.

Nathan0490 said:
Just ordered a Opteron 148 from newegg ($239.64 shipped). Hoping for a CABYE. Will post results once i have my full new rig rebuilt.

power to the opteron brothers

damnit monarch is slow as hell

bri1 said:
power to the opteron brothers

damnit monarch is slow as hell

yeah i canceled the 146 i had ordered from there, i remembered that newegg is so much better then monarch and always will be.

Nathan0490 said:

I ordered one last week, received it on Wednesday, and installed it yesterday.

The good news: it is a CABYE 0530. :)
The bad news: I'm having trouble OCing past 2750mhz or so. I'm very confused as sometimes it seems like some settings work fine and then the same settings later won't work at all. I might open up my own thread to try and pinpoint the problem.

:)

Opteron 146 CABYE 0540 FPBW From ZZF.
Asrock dual939
2.74ghz SPi stable @ stock volts and Stock colling.

When I ditch this value ram ill flash to an ocw bios and see what i can top out at.

Reefa_Madness said:
You clearly got past the 275 HTT wall with your AsRock 939 mobo...which BIOS did you end up using?

i'm using the ocwb1....i'll have to add to my sig. i actually flashed right to ocwb1 after making sure mobo worked (came with 1.2 bios).

haven't tried any of the others due to them being htt locked in some way.

2T
133/200 * 310 =206MHz Ram Speed
600/200 *310 = 930HTL Speed

~ will be testing out a 146 0540 FPBW in the next few days, so i won't be tweaking these timings any more.

Good news. I spooke to my retailer and they are going to replace my opteron 148 that had a broken pin. They only had 3 left so they where going to make sure there was one left for me, and they already packed it for shipping so that it is ready for when my RMA arrived. Sent it express 24h, so I will probably have my replacement someday this week. That is what I call customer service. They also confirmed that they will no longer be available once they run out.

Back