• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grrr... watercooling woes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simple

Ok, I got a dd kit simply because I don't know anyone who runs a machine shop and quite frankly, I'm lazy. Anyways, I got the whole thing setup and for a test run I decided to use some regular tap water and some generic zinc oxide thermal compound. Asusprobe is telling me my chip temps were around the 47 C area. I then decided to revamp the whole system. I first flushed all the tapwater out with some deionized water. Filled it up with deionized water, added water wetter in a 4oz/1gal ratio and put some arctic silver II on the chip. Put it all back together and now my temps are higher!! Right now, Asus Probe is telling me that my cpu temp is 54 C. Ugh... any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Your Asus Probe temps are 10C higher than what you are actually getting. Even then your temps are still high, but much better than what you are thinking.

But still... for water cooling... 47C at idle is still pretty damn hot...

simple (Jul 04, 2001 01:56 a.m.):
\

yep, it is. Umm, what are the ambient temps? You said DD kit, so I assume a dube radiator correct? Also, what sort of pump do you have going in that system?

I am watercooling here too and MBM says I"m running at 51oC under ful load. My digital thermometer says I'm running at 39.6oC. Which one do you think I believe? The thermometer resting right next to the core.

You really need to make sure you tightened the bolts really well. With the DD bolting meathod, it's really hard to crack a core with it. I have mine tightened to about 3/4" between the block and the nut. I have not cracked a core yet and I make sure that it's tight as hell on that CPU. I just feel that you are not getting the contact you should be. Try lapping the block, shouldn't need it but it never hurts to try.

William (Jul 04, 2001 02:42 a.m.):
simple (Jul 04, 2001 01:56 a.m.):
\

yep, it is. Umm, what are the ambient temps? You said DD kit, so I assume a dube radiator correct? Also, what sort of pump do you have going in that system?

Eheim 1250 which I'm using submersed at the moment. I need to buy/make an adapter and take it out of the reservoir. BTW thanks for all you guys' help.

Back