• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

guidance on buying a new mobo for a new system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxim

Registered
I've never bought a new computer in years and I need some assistance on picking a mother board for the system. Here's what I've got it narrowed down to for an 1800+XP:
Soltek SLDRV2 or 4
ABIT KR7A
MSI K7 Ultra
Soyo SYK7 Dragon / Dragon Plus

I'm not sure if I need RAID yet because I'm getting a huge HD, and the only reason I've got the MSI in there is because it's the only one with the new K7333 chipset. The Dragon Plus is getting pretty steep in cost, so the SLDRV4 is looking very good to me.

Can someone recommend a good price vs. reliability vs. performance mobo for my system with regards to my comments above?

Personally I wouldn't but any of those boards. I just picked up the Epox 8K3A, man is it fast! KT333 chipset and all sorts of OC goodies, VCORE to 2.2! FSB to 233! If you want raid on board get the 8K3A+ . Pricing is $105 and $120.

Back