• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much money have you spent overclocking + modding your system this year

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much money have you spent overclocking + modding your system this year

• under $150

Votes: 90 20.3%
  • $151 - $300

Votes: 65 14.7%
  • $301 - $450

Votes: 49 11.1%
  • $451 - $600

Votes: 51 11.5%
  • $601 - $775

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Over $775

Votes: 167 37.7%

• Total voters
Approximately $400 on maintenance upgrades.

Glad I got them, as my system is sweet enough to last me until 939 is good and ready. :)

$700+

Getting a brand new system build, adding 2 more PC’s to my wireless network, upgrading my moms system, and general maintenance on my file server.

Almost nothing compared to you lot :cool:

Almost clean for 3 months hehehe

But I bought a £10 copper cooler for my 9600XT in January.

And a heatsink lapping kit for £7. But that's all I bought, I swear! :p

hmm... *resists urge to buy blower*

Quiet

I spent about $300 making my computer quiet, I was tired of the tension headaches from the whining noise, so I bought a Enermax Whisper PSU, SLK800 with a 80MM Vantech Stealth fan, 4 Pabst 12Db case fans, Nobeleese case (very pretty) And when I got a new MB later on I made sure it had no chipset fan. It's a very quiet system and runs at about 50C :) Much better

I am afraid to say that all I have gotten since I got this computer (about 1 year ago) is 5 fans, thermal paste, and cable ties... yes go ahead, laugh. My parents are never gonna allow me to get better stuff. And I have to keep the money I make for education and such. Ahhh... you lucky b a $ t a r d s that have graduated... yeah keep on saying "I wish I could go back to school"
You are so very very wrong... :rolleyes:

Well, at least I hope to get a new system in a couple of months. I am planning on spending about $1700.

I think over $700

This year, i got 1GB kit of Corsair XMS4400
Asus P4C800E Deluxe
Sapphire 9800pro
2 Raptors
Thermalright SP-94 + Delta 92mm
Zalman Heatpipe VGA cooler
Antec 480W TruePower

I think that should put me over $700 easily

Way to much...

Friend of mine told me when I got the computer bug that it was worse than crack...I dont know about all that business...Crack that is.

But it could not possibly be worse than this...I mean how many computers does one person need???

I only have 5 personal box's...LOL...

Anybody know where the Betty Ford clinic for my addiction is???

In need rehab...In a bad way...Oh well at least I have something to show for it...

:eek:

$265 for Komusa Adata PC4200, $57 for SP-94 HS and $45 for 5 Thermaltake Smart II fans

omg i didn't even know until now. i've spent over $800 so far buying mostly from newegg and on ebay. ditto, i need to check myself into rehab. :(

I have spent 1,399. some odd change for my new system, and then i ordered some more stuff from newegg on monday comes to about 160 or 180 cant remember. Ordered all news fans for everything to fix my problem only to find out it was the NBfan which i didnt order doh.

I've spent more from NOT overclocking. Feb 2003 I bought a 2100+ overclocked to 3100. My wife got tired of the noise, just bought a 3200+ for $180 and am barely getting anything more out of it. It's cool and quiet, but it cost me.

From the looks of the poll, you either go crazy and OC like a nut spending over $775, or you just ad components like a new mobo, HDD or RAM.

-steve-

Back