• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I finally got my EVGA notification for RTX 3080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just this week, I killed my request for on from the backlog at EVGA. Waiting 11 months is a bit extreme

Another notification from the EVGA que...Anybody think a RTX 3080 10 GB at $789 is still worth it? With shipping and tax probably $850...

It is this one...

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 BLACK GAMING, 10G-P5-3881-KL, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, LHR​

Yes! Assuming you need or want it of course. If you plan on water cooling it you might check around for a block before buying though. I'm having a hell of a time finding one for my son's 3070 XC3 except for ek which I don't use.

Yes! Assuming you need or want it of course. If you plan on water cooling it you might check around for a block before buying though. I'm having a hell of a time finding one for my son's 3070 XC3 except for ek which I don't use.
Why do you need to water cool a 220W RTX 3070?

Good lord, I love my EV, but I want one of those too. If only instead of 2 kids and no money I had no kids and 2 money!
We would lose our driving privileges in the first week...:p:p
I have a Hybrid cooler sitting in my parts bin for an XC...

I don't need another GPU tho, (see sig)I think I'll skip this one. Oh I just checked the time my time ran out an hour ago.

I finally just got my notification for a 10G-P5-3885-KL, a 3080 (no TI) for $809.

Given I just spent a lot on parts, I'm probably going to let this one pass. Given I can get other brands for up to $100 less.

Well, the EVGA queue program is no longer (for most cards)..... plenty of stock, apparently. And with Crypto dropping, we can find them under MSRP.

Well, the EVGA queue program is no longer (for most cards)..... plenty of stock, apparently. And with Crypto dropping, we can find them under MSRP.
They were probably done with holding cards for the grace period just to have noone buy them.

Now is such a weird time to buy a card.
  • No big discounts on tech soon to be replaced,
  • no replacement release yet,
  • no indicator if there will be enough supply of chips,
  • in a few months it's possible all markets may increase including crypto, which could bring back mining
I had a few more points but I got distracted. I'm sure I'll add more later.

It depends on when you are buying. If the next month or two, the last three points don't really apply. The first point, today, finally, we're seeing a lot of supply and pricing at MSRP (sometimes below). I don't find it weird at all, I find the time is NOW is a good time to buy BECAUSE of the bottom three points you made.

... or wait 4-5 months for the new stuff and cross your fingers while you pray those variables are in our favor. You could get cheap last-gen stuff too if crypto doesn't make a comeback.

Back