• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 QPI/DRAM voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amtrak

Just a quick question on something I was curious about. Has anyone actually found tweaking this to be of any benefit? I've played around with it ranging from <1.25V up to 1.35V and have not noticed any difference whatsoever in CPU or DRAM stability or overclocking ability.

What exactly does it do? Or is it just one of those things that may help some people's stability at really high BLCK, like over 210 or 215?

My XMP memory automatically set QPI/DRAM up to 1.4V . I think it's helped since I'm populating all DIMM slots but it sure warms up the NB temps.

I think the XMP profile may have adjusted some other voltage settings. I really didn't think XMP profile would change any voltage settings, only timings, and it could be a the Asus BIOS doing something extra in response to XMP, but simply enabling XMP profile and touching nothing else caused my NB temps to rise.

Who knows, it could be extra heat off the RAM being blown onto my NB, but I doubt it.

Asus lists the vvt as QPI/Dram for some odd reason. As you up your uncore speed you'll need to increase this too.

Back