• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the need for speeeed.. (i7 920 + P6T)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
f##k... its not stable.... just shutted down the pc, waited a while, then ran linx and it crashed.... this sucks... :/

what could it be??

edit: im usin a noctua nh-u12p + nf-p12 (push-pull) + mx2 + antec 1200 (8 fans)

Ouchie, lizard seems to be torturing that I7 there a bit ya :) Must be a bigun water system I'd hope.

:beer:

Last edited:
Just not stable yet. Could take a lot of vcore and qpi and possibly IOH/ICH/pll to get it stable. Another guy had a thread going with the same problem. 4.2 seems to be a big road block on these d0's (on air at least). I stopped at 4.1 because my temps were getting too high.

Oh look the thread just popped up. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=607119

Last edited:
tried vcore 1.33750v and qpiv up to 1.40000v, playing with pll, skews, and ioh, its a no go.... trying with 1.34375 vcore in this instant, temps reach 83ºC top... :|

ps: Voidn, sorry for my english, lol. im from portugal, english is my second language.. :)

edit: the P6T started to drop the multi to 20.5x... its that throttle thing :bang head i think i may have to settle for less :( or at least until they release a bios that doesnt do that...

Last edited:
Your English is pretty good actually. :)

There are power saving options in the bios that will down clock the cpu when the system is idle. There are also settings that will throttle the system when it over heats (supposedly way high like 90-100c). I only know what the settings are on Gigabyte boards. I would turn off the power saving settings. And watch your temps. Realtemp is usually accurate but you might get coretemp just in case.

i have the power savings settings disabled... c1e and speedstep.. but as im using the multi x21 (turbo) e throttles down.. but the bios 0603 on the P6T doesnt have that option to not to throttle with the x21 multi... been playing around with the vcore at 1.34 temps are at high 70's, low 80's, but the throttle thing kick in... i hope they disable it in future bios, like they did on other brands..

INfected, That's great--I'm glad to see you work out your overclocking into a success!

Voidn, how much vcore shows in cpu-z running linx in you 4.2ghz? Im at 4.1ghz, 195*21 (stable, double checked with a 10m shutdown beetween linx) now with 1.3v in bios and 1.304v loaded in cpu-z and 1.288 idle.

Last edited:
Wait, are you saying you idle at 1.288 but under full load is goes UP to 1.304? I'd say our mobos respond very differently.

I take the screen shots after linx finishes because of vDroop. Even with LoadLine Calibration enabled the vcore DROPS about .02 during full load.

@4.2ghz screen shot you can see: bios vcore 1.35625 / cpuz vcore 1.312 idle / Full load maybe 1.29.
When I was at 4.1ghz - bios vcore 1.3125 / cpuz vcore 1.28 idle / cpuz vcore ~1.264 full load.

Maybe an asus board owner could comment on vDroop.

Good job on 4.1:attn:

hmm thats to much vcore for my cpu... with that vcore my temps reach maybe high 80's. and the multi thing throttles in, because of the 21x (turbo) multi.. i could use 210*20, and i dont have the problem with multi dropping, but my soon to come ocz animal, cant past much above 2000mhz, so 21xxmhz (multi 10x dram) its out of the question.. going to think of solutions...

Last edited:
Try x8 ram multi. 210 x 8 = 1680. And don't forget nothing heats up your cpu like linx. I can run 99% cpu at 70c but with linx it hits 82c (on the hottest core).

but i want to run then at max speed, the ocz, 2005mhz lol.

which is better? more mem top speed (~400mhz) or more cpu top speed (100mhz) ?

Back