• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooled my 590, open up an application, temps shoot to 100 Degrees C???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The lovely people at FrozenCPU have the 480mm Monsta on Orderable and I'm happy now. Thing is now, I'm being extremely indecisive on my color scheme here. I have to decide for a color for my XSPC Photon LED, the CPU block and my tubing. Not entirely sure here, what to go on black, any ideas? I'm sorry I've annoyed you guys with over 8 pages of indecisiveness and inexperience :(

It's up to you. Just google and go look around on people's builds. Look at the colors chosen. Choose the one that you seem to like. I mean it shouldn't be too hard since you're about to put a custom liquid cooling system together. :p

Well, a VERY common color scheme chosen has been red and white, I understand they are complementary to the case but cmon, only two colors? I've sparsely seen a green or an orange. I'll just voice through my opinions of Primochill's colors here and number them, 1 being favorite:

1. Bloodshed Red: Very possible, but that's what everyone's going with so that's not unique, right?

2. Elegant White: Another very possible color, but again, like Bloodshed Red, fairly common color.

3. Pearl UV Orange: My mobo is blue, so it is complementary to it, I really could.

4. Pearl UV Purple: It seems nice, not sure whether I can pull it off.

5. Pearl UV Yellow: Not necessarily a fan of Wiz Khalifa, nor would that look right.

6. Pearl UV Green: Possible, if I find enough green colors.

7. Brilliant UV Blue: REALLY dark without UV light

8. Onyx Black: Well...too black.

9. Crystal Clear: No coolant making it pop, so no, not planning to run a clear loop.

Just go for something that stands out to YOU. Example of UV Blue tubing from XSPC in my own setup attached, by day it just looks a dark blue, but in the dark, it glows with that single uv light and brings it to life. The UV lights I ended up ordering came from Akasa(Since you can't find AC Ryan anymore, selection of quality UV cathodes is limited), so I had to import them from the UK, but they have been running flawlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_20130729_023300.jpg
    IMG_20130729_023300.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 68
Just go for something that stands out to YOU. Example of UV Blue tubing from XSPC in my own setup attached, by day it just looks a dark blue, but in the dark, it glows with that single uv light and brings it to life. The UV lights I ended up ordering came from Akasa(Since you can't find AC Ryan anymore, selection of quality UV cathodes is limited), so I had to import them from the UK, but they have been running flawlessly.
Well, I'll be having multi colored LEDs and the ones I'll be getting do ~16 colors but no UV. Considering the multi LEDs, I am leaning towards White/Red. My decision is slowly narrowing down. Hopefully in time when the XSPC D5 Photon comes in :bday:

Those Photons look pretty sweet I have to say. I've been eyeballing them since they showed up for another rig I have that I've been meaning to convert to h2o. When you get it all hooked up, please provide pics :)

Only thing I don't like about those Photons is the fact that they stuck their XSPC logo on the clear tubing so when it lights up you will be seeing that. Kind of like the writing on some tubing. Most tubing have taken the labels off. Kind of annoying but still a nice looking cylinder reservoir.

What drew my attention was the pictures shown that show the light fade towards one end of the res which I certainly liked the look of.

I'm getting my shopping cart together, $310 so far, pump/res + rad. I'll give my budget some leeway here, I estimate it to learn near $450+ consider tubing, fans, fittings, etc. I'm setting those at a higher priority over the LEDs:)cry:) and the fan controller. I'll post up the total for it all once soon. Pics will certainly be posted during construction, sobe :)

I am at a loss of fittings and am topping almost $700 with fan controller, replacements for case fans, and LEDs, if I'm spending $500, might as well spend more right? Hehe, this is some fun :bday:

I also switched to Corsair SP120 High Perform(Since I'll get a fan controller, why not?) for my rad fans and AP120/140 Quiet for my case, 8 fans total at $130.

I'm sticking on my word with white tubing. I'll have my fan rings red. LEDs will be whatever I feel, 16 colors of endless joy.

I'm not sure, but would you guys recommend getting all parts(excluding fittings) and get fittings later to get a feel for what kinds I need, aka 90º, angled, etc. I've seen the Monsta in a 900D may need some alterations to get CPU power cable in. If not, I can do some planning tomorrow and see what I might need. I plan for Bitspower fittings, but hey, this can be subject to change.

Shopping cart will be added in once final decisions are made. I'm double checking prices and items. Trying to buy as much with FrozenCPU as possible(if saving money) since there is a coupon for 5.1% off until Halloween :bday:

Only thing I don't like about those Photons is the fact that they stuck their XSPC logo on the clear tubing so when it lights up you will be seeing that. Kind of like the writing on some tubing. Most tubing have taken the labels off. Kind of annoying but still a nice looking cylinder reservoir.

Actually it's a solid acrylic rod that is "frosted". You can orient it to where the logo is facing away from field of view. The logo is not too large so really is a non issue.
You could go bold and remove the logo altogether, "creatively".
I recommend to get the D5 version tho. I only hope they will make some sort of conversion kit down the road.

Actually it's a solid acrylic rod that is "frosted". You can orient it to where the logo is facing away from field of view. The logo is not too large so really is a non issue.

In that case, awesome. :thup:

Are silver compression fittings viable as a replacement to a biocide or a silver coil? I'm starting to look at fittings and these seem like they would save some money off biocide.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's plated and wears off over time.

Last edited:
Yes, but they have shown to wear like all barbs over a long period of time. The coating is very very thin. Just get a Killcoil and put it in a tube. It will last for yearzzz.

This might sound like a stupid question but since I'm getting a tube reservoir, if I get the silver coil, could it go in the hole from the res to the pump and get stuck?

Put it down a tube that has flow to the barb/compression so if it moves it will stop at the smaller ID of the fitting. Trust me, it won't move. Guess you don't know you can form them to any shape. I make them a bit bigger than the tubing and slide it in and use a dealybop to move it in an inch or so. Once it's in your hands you'll see. Look at the rebuild thread of my build in my sticky thread. There is a pic up top of two killcoils.

It won't move. Trust your instincts. After almost 180 posts, I hope you'll do fine...

Put it down a tube that has flow to the barb/compression so if it moves it will stop at the smaller ID of the fitting. Trust me, it won't move. Guess you don't know you can form them to any shape. I make them a bit bigger than the tubing and slide it in and use a dealybop to move it in an inch or so. Once it's in your hands you'll see. Look at the rebuild thread of my build in my sticky thread. There is a pic up top of two killcoils.

It won't move. Trust your instincts. After almost 180 posts, I hope you'll do fine...
Boy, don't I feel stupid. Yeah I didn't know I could bend the silver coil. For my loop would you say 2 is safe enough? My loop isn't that big but it isn't that small.

What do you guys think? This is my current plan. Total hits off at $742.92(Not Pictured) with shipping and discount codes. If there's anything I can change for the better, it'd be nice to know. if not, I hit it off, wait for them to come, and start the building process and I'll supply pics :clap:

RIP $350 Budget :rofl:

Attachments

• FrozenCPU.png
    FrozenCPU.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Newegg.png
    Newegg.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 20
  • PerformancePC.png
    PerformancePC.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 20
it might have be said before... you know that for that monsta you'll have to go push/pull with those SP120's ?
Even with 3.1mmH2O 63 CFM @ 2350 RPM performing better than gentle typhoons at the cost of higher noise/rpm? Are you sure you're not confusing it for its 1.29mmH2O 38 CFM @ 1450 RPM Quiet counterpart?

Back