• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect 2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Addition to spoiler:
You can call her back up anytime you want. But instead of getting an intercourse scene, she dances for you in an Asari stripper outfit.

:O How???
turn back now, this will really spoil the game
Fine if your sure but I wouldn't reccomend it unless you've already completed the game
I killed her the first time I went on the suicide mission :( Didn't leave straight away since I thought I *had* to have everyone loyal to me so she got eaten, I actually had water in my eyes! Such a great game.
I restarted that section because I couldn't live without her! She's such an awesome character ^_^

But yeh, how do you get her to go into your room?
I took her to dinner and I said I wanted to embrace her and she said how it was an enticing thought but doesn't do anything about it ><
Do I need to knock her out and drag her up to my room? I'm guessing there's another way.

It seems you can chat up every character from Garus to even Tali so I'm assuming that you can sleep or have something intimate with all of them? None of them offer to go back to my room yet I've said I want something from them all (not sex but the company, I've gotten waay to into this game :D)

I took her to dinner and I said I wanted to embrace her and she said how it was an enticing thought but doesn't do anything about it ><
Do I need to knock her out and drag her up to my room? I'm guessing there's another way.

You have to drop everyone. Which I think requires you to start a relationship with each person, and get them to the point where they want to come to your room, at that point, you drop them. That way, you end up "romance-less". Which after you drop the last person, kelly should inform you that you have a private message, saying she wants to come to your room. You can only hook up with her POST-GAME. aka: AFTER you beat it. ( NOT a New Game+ ).

Tips to save kelly, but there's more spoilers, So be warned if you haven't beaten the game yet.

Be warned though, to save kelly from the collectors, you HAVE to go to the omega mission RIGHT after the normandy is boarded, and she's taken away. No side quests at all. ( don't think it counts mining planets though, so you can afford upgrades. ) So you better have had all your characters loyal by that point. Or no sexy stripper dance for you!
God, I love these new spoiler tags!

Last edited:
You have to drop everyone. Which I think requires you to start a relationship with each person, and get them to the point where they want to come to your room, at that point, you drop them. That way, you end up "romance-less". Which after you drop the last person, kelly should inform you that you have a private message, saying she wants to come to your room. You can only hook up with her POST-GAME. aka: AFTER you beat it. ( NOT a New Game+ ).

Tips to save kelly, but there's more spoilers, So be warned if you haven't beaten the game yet.

Be warned though, to save kelly from the collectors, you HAVE to go to the omega mission RIGHT after the normandy is boarded, and she's taken away. No side quests at all. ( don't think it counts mining planets though, so you can afford upgrades. ) So you better have had all your characters loyal by that point. Or no sexy stripper dance for you!
God, I love these new spoiler tags!

I like turtles

I like turtles

I think shard is a zombie...

Also this is all post game

Yes this does again contain spoilers turn back now ect.
I've tried to start one with everyone and I got a message saying she wants me (made me smile my face off until I realised my girlfriend was sitting on my bed revising 4 feet away :p)
I've gone through every dialogue option and she just doesn't want to come with me :( I have a female character (I don't know why I want to be a female in ME and Fallout games, just appeals to me) but she didn't seem to mind when I was flirting with her.

Is shepared doomed to stay a virgin (with Humans not Assari) forever? :(

OK
Now I'm just abusing them :)

:O How???
turn back now, this will really spoil the game
Fine if your sure but I wouldn't reccomend it unless you've already completed the game
I killed her the first time I went on the suicide mission :( Didn't leave straight away since I thought I *had* to have everyone loyal to me so she got eaten, I actually had water in my eyes! Such a great game.
I restarted that section because I couldn't live without her! She's such an awesome character ^_^

Edit: Disregard this, I saw that you got the email.

It seems you can chat up every character from Garus to even Tali so I'm assuming that you can sleep or have something intimate with all of them? None of them offer to go back to my room yet I've said I want something from them all (not sex but the company, I've gotten waay to into this game :D)

I got an Email from her and she told me she had something sexy to wear but she couldn't talk to me in front of everyone and to call her up instead. There is apparently an intercom next to your rooms personal computer. You use that.

just beat it today. Full renegade all the way from ME1 to ME2. Full loyalty on all members. Got every single achievement except 2 playthroughs.... though lemme tell ya... a female shepherd and grunt... *shudder*... but it was so funny to watch my brothers' jaws drop when i did that....

just beat it today. Full renegade all the way from ME1 to ME2. Full loyalty on all members. Got every single achievement except 2 playthroughs.... though lemme tell ya... a female shepherd and grunt... *shudder*... but it was so funny to watch my brothers' jaws drop when i did that....

Waaiii what?!? You can knock boots with Grunt?

Waaiii what?!? You can knock boots with Grunt?

yeah, but you don't see anything happen.... you just see him enter the room... then a few seconds later after a 'fade to black then back to reality' thing, he walks out smiling....

unless i managed to do something i wasn't supposed to do with that.....

just like after beating the game... decided to continue on just to see what would happen... and found a side-mission on an unexplored planet. After getting surrounded by enemies, i tried to do a warp to them and ended up clipping myself through the terrain and getting stuck in the wall....

yeah, but you don't see anything happen.... you just see him enter the room... then a few seconds later after a 'fade to black then back to reality' thing, he walks out smiling....

just like after beating the game... decided to continue on just to see what would happen... and found a side-mission on an unexplored planet. After getting surrounded by enemies, i tried to do a warp to them and ended up clipping myself through the terrain and getting stuck in the wall....

Go back up to the captains room. On the desk, next to your person computer should be a 2nd computer terminal. It should say it's some form of intercom. It will have an option to call up whoever your love interest currently is.

It should call grunt up to the room, and most likely, She will sit on his lap, and talk to him( though there's never any speech or text ) after choosing the couch option. and she will probably also lay down on the bed next do him when you choose the bed option. ( you can view both. )

At least, That's all that could be done with Garrus.

I'll go easy on the spoiler tabs from now on :p Got a bit carried away there.
But I'll still use one since it is a spoiler.
:D! Kelly is with me! WOOOOO! huge sense of satisfaction with that now. One problem though... she does a sexy dance and well, I thought she wasn't like that. I always imagined her like my girlfriend (her personality up to that point had been the same.)

Not saying it's a bad thing but I would have prefered just to have the cuddle in bed option and nothing more. Ah well

Thanking you all for your help.

Whoa weird...

I did the same thing with getting stuck. The physics engine is a little overeager as I got stuck on a table.

Oh also, you should get the Long Service Medal if you import an ME1 character.

Whoa weird...

I did the same thing with getting stuck. The physics engine is a little overeager as I got stuck on a table.

Oh also, you should get the Long Service Medal if you import an ME1 character.

I got stuck in this game SO MANY TIMES. I had to reload quite a few times because of this.

Most of the time, It would happen when I would cover against a wall, and I'd move over to I can get closer to the door way, and It would sometimes cause me to walk UP the wall. Could never get back down. Had to reload.

Also had this happen when I was on a planet where a ship fell and crashed on the ledge of a cliff, and you have to walk along the beams to get to the computer in the back. I was literally on the last beam, headed to the terminal, when it happened. I was stuck walking ABOVE the beams and platforms, and could only walk in spots where there was nothing under my feet. I was literally only 20 feet away from the damn terminal.

But other than the walking through / over / between walls in the game, I didn't notice any other bugs. But that's me. Some people had other bugs.

One problem people are / were having is REALLY REALLY long loading times. They found out this was a multi-core processor problem. So if you are having VERY long load times, once your in the game, Minimize it ( ALT+TAB ) then go into your task manager ( CTRL+ALT+DEL, or right click your taskbar and go to the task manager ). Then go to processes. Find MassEffect2.exe. Right click it, then click "Set Affinity". Uncheck your 2nd processor core. Hit "OK". Then Right click MassEffect.exe in the task manager again, and do the same thing, but this time, turn the 2nd core back on, and hit ok.

Bring the game back up, and see if the load times are better.

Also, I've been messing around with the .ini files, changing some stuff in the game. I've made the game look MUCH better ( in my opinion. ) Turning off Depth Of Field really helps you see a lot detail in the textures. With it on ( which it is by default ), it makes everything much darker than it should be ( changing your gamma settings won't fix it. )

I also greatly increased the resolution of the shadows. God, the shadows look MUCH better now. Tried increasing the resolution of some of the textures. I think it helped a bit...But it's hard to notice. Also turned off VSync ( it's on be default ). That increased my average Frame Rate by 12 FPS. ( even after I did the shadow enhancement, and other tweaks. ) But with VSync off, you can't use Film Grain or Motion blur. Evidently those need Vsync. But I don't use them anyways.

I've only had one glitch on the 360. It stopped in the middle of the scene where Tali finds her father. Luckily, I just had to go through one short bit thanks to the autosave.

I started my second character last night after doing a speed run in the first game. The graphics are a lot better than the first game. No more blurry textures. I liked the story of this game better, but I think the combat is better in the first. This one is much longer though, my first playthrough was a little over 29 hours. That's almost as long as my Dragon Age playthroughs.

Wait... combat was better in the first one? I thought one of the things that let ME1 down was the combat system.

Completely with you with the story and play time :D 32 hours on the first time, 29 hours now on my second (I'm trying to get 100% everything)

Amazingly good game is the only way to describe it.

I started my second character last night after doing a speed run in the first game. The graphics are a lot better than the first game. No more blurry textures. I liked the story of this game better, but I think the combat is better in the first. This one is much longer though, my first playthrough was a little over 29 hours. That's almost as long as my Dragon Age playthroughs.

Care to elaborate? I really see no real way that the first had better combat. But as always, games are very subjective.

The thermal clips are a huge step backwards technology wise. The more advanced guns in the first game wouldn't overheat at all unless you were trying. Not only that but the biotic and tech powers have a universal cooldown in me2, it's very annoying. It is nice being able to aim, but the ammo supply is too smal for shotguns and sniper rifles. I was a vanguard and rarely used my shotgun. I'm glad I was able to learn to use assault rifles because they are the best weapons again.

The thermal clips are a huge step backwards technology wise. The more advanced guns in the first game wouldn't overheat at all unless you were trying. Not only that but the biotic and tech powers have a universal cooldown in me2, it's very annoying. It is nice being able to aim, but the ammo supply is too smal for shotguns and sniper rifles. I was a vanguard and rarely used my shotgun. I'm glad I was able to learn to use assault rifles because they are the best weapons again.

Yeah, I could see how you could say that. Though, in the sense of *realistic* science fiction, higher speed, and higher rate of fire projectile and energy weapons would generate a tremendous amount of heat. Thermal clips are a curious, albiet not the most effective method. Something that I notice every now and then, not really game breaking, but still kinda drap, is the concessions to the wider brand of gamer even more then the first. The reduction in the elements of leveling up and scale of abilities is rather disappointing compared to the first.

Back