• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merged 8800GT Review/Article Threads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome guys. I jut got my 8800GT, 169.04 driver's aren't showing in Riva.

12,128 stockSC settings on 3D06 O_O

Last edited:
Just replaced the stock fan with a HR-03. As you can see, there are two mounting options. One is the size of the 6-hole bracket, the other one (bigger) is the standard 4-hole mount. I used the smaller one. 8800GTS/GTX coolers will not work though, too big.

Temps:
37C Idle / 47C Load
(I think I put a little too much paste though...)
And now with the overclocking :)
8800gt001sh7.jpg

8800gt002bv4.jpg

You might want to put some sinks on the vRegs. I bet they get pretty hot.

You might want to put some sinks on the vRegs. I bet they get pretty hot.

Can you point them out in a picture?
They seem rather small to me.

Also, would active cooling be enough to cool them if I didn't have a HS on them?

2003606873429067874_rs.jpg

24047255457384ca.jpg

You can see where the white pads on the HS correspond w/ the RAM chips, but you can also see additional white pads that correspond to other components on the board. It's probably a good idea to sink those additional components as well. I'm pretty sure at least some of those components are Vregs, but whatever they are I'm sure they get hot and need cooling.

24047255457384ca.jpg

You can see where the white pads on the HS correspond w/ the RAM chips, but you can also see additional white pads that correspond to other components on the board. It's probably a good idea to sink those additional components as well. I'm pretty sure at least some of those components are Vregs, but whatever they are I'm sure they get hot and need cooling.

Ok that's what I thought.

I shall place my strip where the pads were. :)

70CFM blowing on the car should help too.

Back