• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first modded PC - What do ya think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
good job, ooh and btw is that in a shop or your house?
just wondering bc that is some pretty serious stuff to have in your house

~Magick_Man~

You haven't seen serious yet. Wait til I break out Mastercam and a Haas VF4 CNC vertical mill :)

That is at the shop where I work. I am a CNC machinist there and I get to use the machines whenever I want. Plus I can do my own programming so I can make pretty much anything I can dream up.

Last edited:
I wanted to add some pics of the stripped down case. This is a rather neat setup unlike any that I have ever seen.

Here's the side view. The hard drives mount sideways with the cables towards the window side of the case.
100_0352.jpg

Here you can see the OEM 120mm LED fan and the mounting location in the front for an 80, 92, or 120mm fan. The front grill still needs to be cut out, but the rear came already opened up.
100_0353.jpg

Here's a nifty idea. This may be old news, but this is the first case I have had with an 80mm "slim" fan mount blowing on the hard drives. It needs the screen cut out of it as well.
100_0355.jpg

I dont know the mounting details on the HD's, but can you open up the area between them? It looks very restrictive.

air from the front fan either goes through the hard drive rack, or around it. It has sufficient area around it for air to flow.

Mark620 said:
I dont know the mounting details on the HD's, but can you open up the area between them? It looks very restrictive.

I see what you mean now. The small holes in the hard drive bay. I never really paid much attention. But now that I see it I may do something there. Regardless though, there will only be one hard drive in this system. I have an SCSI server I am building for storage. Plus I have another PC on the network with a 250gig WD drive as well, and two 80gig WD's in another system. So as of now I have 660gig of storage in three pc's (when this one is completed anyway) =)

it's looking great so far. you said you get to use and progrom those machines as much as you like? you should seriously consider working with some people here who have ideas for waterblocks but lack the machine shop to make them. it would be great to see members working together to advance the overclocking watercooling arena.

best of luck, mod on

I'd love to do that. But I have never used a water cooling system before. That would be cool though to be able to build my own.

The Plextor PX-712A DVD burner and the Mitsumi 2-in-1 Memory Reader/Floppy Drive have their final coats of paint on them...
100_0366.jpg

It was very difficult for me to take my brand new Plextor drive out of it's retail box and yank it apart, but it turned out great. I can't wait to polish it up :D

I've painted a lot of stuff. I painted my Starrett 0-6" micrometer set, various models, fiberglass sub enclosures, etc. I've had some practice you might say.

Last edited:
I got the drives and the Cooler Master fan controller installed finally.
100_0372.jpg

The front door has a brushed aluminum trim plate on it so I figured I'd leave the fan controler brushed aluminum too so it would match. I may paint it though.

As you can see the power supply is removed. I am buying an Antec Truepower 550 and wrapping all the wires in UV Green. All the power connectors are being converted to UV Green as well. The fans will be UV Blue, and I plan to use Sunbeam UV Laser LED lights in a few locations in the case to light things up. There are blue LED's in the front door to light up the front of the case. And that Aerogate II fan controller has color change options for it's lighting. The case top plate will have "FX Fusion" milled into it on the CNC at work, and I plan to backlight it in blue.

Great work with the paint, it really looks professional. I think painting fan controler would look awesome though. That's just my opinon. Keep up the good work!

Back