• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nehalem vs Core 2 Club - Brolloks comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ah, I just noticed, run Prime95 or OCCT then to get all 4 cores (8 threads) loaded :)

What bios do you have on the board?

Here is idle at 4Ghz... i have 2 120mm fans if i added them to other side of rad would i want a push pull or push push?

Attachments

• idle.jpg
    idle.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 604
Push-pull work the best for me.

That is what mine idle as well, proof in the cooling is in the load temps though

You can never have too many fans ;)

Brolloks,

what is your CPU wattage underload at 1.45Vcore under GTZ waterblock.

I think waterblock couldn't handle more than 150w cpu and this damn cpu at 130w with 1.2vcore stock. It seems it needs SS for 24/7 at high OC.:beer:

Hey Brolloks,

Sorry if this was asked already (I stayed updated through the first few pages, but have been busy and do not have time to read the other 8 :) )

I see you have updated your first few posts, and that you show and declare no improvement in gaming (which was expected).

However I read another review that shows that with multi GPU setups the i7 and trichannel ram show some obscene performance benefits.

This is the article, performance numbers are towards the end. Is there anyway you can verify or debunk this article?

Hey Brolloks,

Sorry if this was asked already (I stayed updated through the first few pages, but have been busy and do not have time to read the other 8 :) )

I see you have updated your first few posts, and that you show and declare no improvement in gaming (which was expected).

However I read another review that shows that with multi GPU setups the i7 and trichannel ram show some obscene performance benefits.

This is the article, performance numbers are towards the end. Is there anyway you can verify or debunk this article?

That article is comparing stock clocks. They don't show comparisons with all CPU's at 4 ghz. This thread is to show OC comparisons.

That is a Black Ice Xtreme III rad.

Coretemp shows 130W under laod at 4.2 Ghz under water, not sure if that is a true wattage?

GTX 280 SLI on the i7 showed some improvement (marginal) in gaming but not as much as I had hoped for, so I still stand by my statement that the i7 shows no significant improvement over the 45nm platform in gaming.
As said above this thread shows like for like at an even 4 Ghz OC, not stock clocks as per the article.

That article is comparing stock clocks. They don't show comparisons with all CPU's at 4 ghz. This thread is to show OC comparisons.

That is a Black Ice Xtreme III rad.

Coretemp shows 130W under laod at 4.2 Ghz under water, not sure if that is a true wattage?

GTX 280 SLI on the i7 showed some improvement (marginal) in gaming but not as much as I had hoped for, so I still stand by my statement that the i7 shows no significant improvement over the 45nm platform in gaming.
As said above this thread shows like for like at an even 4 Ghz OC, not stock clocks as per the article.

Thanks for the clarification. :) I knew I was missing sometihng :)

Thanks for the indepth review B-man

Did you get them? Actually, I should be getting my 920 and MB on Tuesday. I can try to run some benchmarks myself.

I have a Q9550 that I can compare it to.

What benchmarks should I run? I'm not really all that good with that, but I can give it a shot.

Last edited:

I dont think it is.
I think i get 40 watts if i let the CPU clock down when idle
130Watts at stock speed if it is not allowed to clock down

I also have it say 130 watts at 1.39V @ 4.1GHz running prime.

I believe the wattage is still just a value the CPU is reporting that Core Temp can read.
Maybe a Future Version can read core voltage and clock speed to give us a better idea of the real wattage of the CPU.

Company of heroes.
vista 32bit
4ghz i920
3gb ram
4870/4850 i crossfire stock. 4850 watercooled.

1280x1024 AA wide set catalyst 8.11.
DX9 max settings.
0x AA average 254 max 413 minimum 75 fps
2x AA average 206max 320 minimum 63fps
4x AA average 99 max 240minimum 1.8 fps (bugg?)
8x AA average 89max 205 minimum 25 fps

Dx 10 1280x1024 max settings
0x AA average 124 max 233 minimum 49fps
2x AA average 114 max 229 minimum 24fps
4x AA average 68 max 154 minimum 9fps
8x AA average 40 max 130 minimum 4fps

1680x1050
dx9
0x AA average 212 max 349 minimum 62fps
4x AA average 80 max 188 minimum 1.8fps

dx10
0x AA medel 107 max 220 minimum 62fps
4x AA medel 62 max 120 minimum 1.8fps

1920x1200
dx9
0x AA average 182 max 299 minimum 41fps

Dx10
0x AA average 96 max 183 minimum 41 fps

Maybe someone can have for reference.
I am changing my chassi tomorow, and change some other things, most likely remove the gpu block in the loop and the passiv rad.

Well, I got my system put together and man does it run hot!!

I'm using a True 120-Extreme and idle temps are almost 50C. I didn't lap it. Maybe I'll do that, or maybe I'll just switch my WC to this instead.

Back