• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 2.4C for the bat computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Been playing and tweaking all evening!

Got my new 2.4C running on my Abit IC7 using two sticks of OCZ dual channel PC3500 EL RAM. Made my goal of 3.3 gig at 275 FSB using the 5:4 memory ratio (DDR440) on low voltage. Look at my 2, 5, 3, 2 memory timings... reckon y'all can quit bashing OCZ now.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't go any higher. It was like I was stopped by a brick wall at 275 FSB. If I tried even 276 FSB, it wasn't stable no matter if I raised the vcore and relaxed the RAM timings.

The 3:2 memory ratio setting just plain don't work with anything more than a mild overclock. Not sure what the deal is... sure hope a new BIOS update will fix that.

I'm sure there's more left in this CPU and seems like the RAM has more left in it too. Maybe it's the mobo that's holding me back? Regardless, some very sweet memory scores.

2.4C+CPU.jpg

2400C-cpuz-cpu.jpg

2400C-cpuz-mem.jpg

2400C-3300-5to4-CPU.jpg

2400C-3300-5to4-mem.jpg

Got my 2.4C from googlegear.com, they only had them in stock for a day or two, but I think Intel is supposed to be shipping a bunch of the 800 bus CPUs on May 16th.

Yep, if the IC7 runs outta gas at 275 FSB, then maybe the 2.6C or the 2.8C will be a better choice, especially in a few weeks when the prices come down and the core yields go up. I had initially ordered a 2.6C, but got screwed around with it not being in stock. I might try a 2.8C in a month or so.

joe had the same issue at 275fsb. its gotta be the bios or somehting with that board.

is it rock stable at 275? y is mips so low?

AZN, looks like we are using different versions of Sandra. That probably accounts for why you "think" my CPU MIPS are low. I'm using Sandra version 2003.3.9.44, what version are you using?

Toscani, load CPU temp is about 50 degrees.

batboy....I see you "blowed up" your S-Sandra prog.....!!! :D

Now.....TRY to put the VAGP at 1.65Volts....I think you'll get some more fsb's from that chip.....it's a GOOD FPO/BATCH...... ;)

Hipro, I tried 1.65v and 1.7v and 1.75v. I can hit 276 FSB, but it's unstable and will usually lock up on the benchmarks. Can't go any higher no matter what I do. It'll do a solid and stable 275 FSB at 1.625v. Weird! Has to be the mobo.

AZN, the only CPU Sandra score that I've seen you post was clearly a different version of Sandra. What is your score with this version. Regardless, I own you on the memory score... nearly 6,000. My RDRAM system never broke 4,000 on the memory score.

batboy said:

AZN, the only CPU Sandra score that I've seen you post was clearly a different version of Sandra. What is your score with this version. Regardless, I own you on the memory score... nearly 6,000. My RDRAM system never broke 4,000 on the memory score.
wow batboy, keep ur panties on im not making fun of u. u better be beating me with 1100bus. I cant belive u dont belive me that im using the same sandra version. I did give u a screenshot did i not? if u missed it here is another. i also took a quick bench while folding and chatting.
I was only wondering y it was low. perhaps u might need to reinstall the OS cuzz u got HT now right? BN did and it helped him alot.

bat.jpg

My mistake Hipro, thought you meant vcore. I just tried raising the AGP voltage and it didn't help at all.

AZN, it's not the same. Look at your Sandra window and look at mine. They're different. Not sure why my Sandra database is empty. Perhaps I need to download it again.

I'm still using Win98, so I don't think my hyperthreading is currently working. I'm going to set up my Raptor harddrives this weekend and do a fresh install of Win2000. We'll see if that helps any.

Well, it's waaaay past my bedtime and I have to work tomorrow.

Toscani said:
It seems quite a few IC7s have hit a wall at 275. Im still waiting on my IC7 and CPU. But an 1100MHz FSB on AIR is no joke! Congrats!

I had the same thing till I backed off on the BIOS timings.

performance mods needs to be disabled, just try to set as many things as possible to "auto" in adv chipset features

maybe it is your memory holding you back. did you try less aggressive memory settings? that's often the cause for hitting the wall... memory just can't take it anymore. did you ever try raising the memory voltage?

i'm not quite ready to stop bashing ocz memory yet!

Rasputin'sLiver said:
maybe it is your memory holding you back. did you try less aggressive memory settings? that's often the cause for hitting the wall... memory just can't take it anymore. did you ever try raising the memory voltage?

batboy said:
If I tried even 276 FSB, it wasn't stable no matter if I raised the vcore and relaxed the RAM timings.

Hey Rasie, I guess he did dat tho' ..

pacino said:

Hey Rasie, I guess he did dat tho' ..

yeah, i missed that. too early in the morning to pay attention. :eek:

i'm just in denial that it might be the 2.4c because i have one on the way and i want them all to work! it's hard to complain about batboy's numbers though. he's still running at 3.3ghz with truckloads of memory bandwidth. we're greedy overclockers though!;)

Back