• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 2.4C for the bat computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Flu!d said:

Not all versions of XP have product activation....

Okay then what legal non hacked versions have this. I know there is software that you can run that tricks winXP into thinking it has been activated as also corp versions and corporate activation keys.

I still feel that win2k is more stable than XP for whatever reason. I still get them freezes that you can just not do anything about as also with win2k3 server. Basically the proggie is running a endless loop with the CPU @ 100%. This is why I never stay with XP for long as also that product activation crap. I never have endless loop instances that last more than 30 seconds with win2k that I cannot shut a program down that goes awry for whatever reason.

Windows XP professional corperate edition....

It isn't hard to get but don't even try to make me explain how to get it here.

It's what i've been using for some time now.

It's strange that you get stability problems in XP....I've never had one stability issue....Not one, no endless loops, nothing....

And I hear of very few others complaining about stability.

You sure the problems not elsewhere?

Well.....Win XP are a little faster than Win 2K IF you "tweak" it a little bit......Win XP have much more services running in the backround wich you'll never need...... ;)

batboy said:

Ras, I hung onto Win98SE until last weekend, I bet I can cling to Win2k Pro for a long time too... hehehe.

Batboy, you sound like one of those WWII japanese soldiers on various islands who stayed at their posts for 30 years after WWII was over but nobody bothered to tell them or got the word to them that the war was over. :eek:

like i and others predicted earlier in this thread, you will surrender to progress, or you will become like the "amish" of computers. want to borrow my plow horse tomorrow?;)

Last edited:
ol' man said:

I still feel that win2k is more stable than XP for whatever reason. I still get them freezes that you can just not do anything about

i've been running win xp for well over a year and have no clue what you're talking about. the only time i ever got a freeze is when my dog mistakenly pulls a non usb cable out of the back of my computer, the little jerk.:eek:

me thinks you need the same optometrist that batboy needs for myopia... ;)

ol' man said:

Is this the same thing as win2k3 server enterprise edition? I am running that and I don' see what is so special. If anything it seems a little less stable than win2k. I also noticed that winXP was plagued with the same things as win2k3 server enterprise edition.

How is it that .net is moving ahead of 2k and XP.
No I'm talking about Windows 2003 Enterprise - aka dot net.

TC said:
No I'm talking about Windows 2003 Enterprise - aka dot net.

Reckon I'm going to need to get educated about this new OS. This is the first I've heard of it (I'm mostly a hardware geek).

batboy said:

Reckon I'm going to need to get educated about this new OS. This is the first I've heard of it (I'm mostly a hardware geek).
It's their next server OS - I wouldn't bother with it on a desktop machine unless you want to get the new hyperthreading optimizations.

It's their next server OS - I wouldn't bother with it on a desktop machine unless you want to get the new hyperthreading optimizations.

In which case you'd just get XP....Because 2003 Enterprise 'also' has product activation.

I use win2k, but had winxp corporate edition for about 4 months. I'm so releaved to be back to win2k, I feel it's alot more fluent, and less patronising... Win2k can be tweaked alot too, there's lot's of extra services running that can be disabled. (atleast in the corporate version we have a work)

Gotta love it. We computer folks thrive on debates about what's best: AMD vs. Intel... Abit vs. Asus... nVida vs. Radeon... now Win2k vs. XP. Maybe I should start an OS poll.

Bat i saw you took down the thread but heres what i use Windows 2003 RTM Server Enterprise. Legal copy from MS 180day free trial lol. Btw what's your FPOBATCH date on the 2.4c you got? Do you got aim or msn also? New friends / ppl to help me get my processor oc'ed more I can always use heh.

Very first post of this thread I put the CPU info, but since that's way back on page 1, I'll post it again.

2.4C+CPU.jpg

I screwed up my first attempt for the OS poll and deleted it, but I redid it and have it back up now. Go vote! Feel free to PM me with any questions. I don't have AIM or MSN. Actually, since I switched OS last weekend, I have no IM installed at this time.

Back