• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New IT7 BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiChO(SWE)

Registered
Link:
http://fae.abit.com.tw/download/bios/it7/it7cp.exe

1. Change the definition of UUID in DMI data- move the MAC address from
top to bottom of the string.
2. Show MAC Address of on board LAN Card in System Configuration section.
3. Fix issue where if the "Shutdown When CPU FAN Fail" option fails after
about 16 minutes idling under Windows 2000/XP.
4. Fix the compatibility issue that ATI Radeon 9700 Pro failed to boot up
with certain power supply unit - TC-350P. With this power supply, 9700
Pro will failed to boot up and need to push reset button once to show
the screen.
5. Show "Hyper-Threading" wording on POST screen when Hyper-Threading CPU
installed.
6. HPT 374 BIOS Version 1.22.
7. BIOS Compile Date: 11/28/2002.

I want a modded one with the new HPT Bios :)

Now we all want phantom punisher to mod the bios his way and then some greate link to enable HT on the "older" PIV modells

This weekend maybe ?? :d

Could you put the newest LAN and 3.01 Raid bios in too

Last edited:
Did flash to the new bios now just the standard.

And I see no HT enable or disable

And the Audigy crackle is still there but much better.

Tackar för länken ...det var nått jag verkligen missat.

Skall nog uppdatera med drivarna där med då ...hehe

There's an automatic switch in the bios that detects whether to enable HT or not..... so if your cpu supports it, it'll show Hyper Threading Enabled on the post screen.

cool i got them up on the it7max2 page. havnt noticed any difference yet with this one but hey weve got the ht soport finaly. i got a bios savior coming. vcore and ht are thing ill be looking for within the asm code. wish me luck

Your the man Phantom Publisher I am building a new computer and I will be using the 1.8a c stepping when I can find one and the Abit IT7 max 2 ver 2 and one of your bios that you might reccommend?

bah its really easy to do.the vmem mod was kinda hard but the bios can be made by anyone. id use the latest cf bios for the it7max2 v2 if i were you. but if you experience any problems then try the older one.

Greffel said:
yepp ...

Roomtemp 20: Idle 37 Full load (prime95) tops at 44

@ 1.7Vcore and 3100 Mhz
i got about the same temp as yours.......but my load temp is around 42 C....
It seems we got a bit higher for cpu idle temp......how can we improve to low 30 C?

It's really strange that noone have made on old PIV to support "HT".

So maybe you just have to have the real deap inside view of what's goning on or it simpely cant be done :(

There are many people vorking on diffirent HARDWARE mods....maybe the software can be foled ....

trex said:

i got about the same temp as yours.......but my load temp is around 42 C....
It seems we got a bit higher for cpu idle temp......how can we improve to low 30 C?

MAybe we could get lower....not really intrested....since my setup is for no noise only...

Are you running your fans @ max and what watersystem du you have....

Hmmm, according to the editor program (Modbin6) there's a new BIOS option in the "BIOS features setup' menu called 'Hyperthreading technology'. You can enable or disable this option, and the default is enabled.
After flashing the BIOS to the motherboard this new option won't even show up itself (I have a 'non-HT enabled' 2.4B), so I think you have to modify the BIOS in the CPU microcode level, which is quite a hard job...

regards

R.

Renwick said:
Hmmm, according to the editor program (Modbin6) there's a new BIOS option in the "BIOS features setup' menu called 'Hyperthreading technology'. You can enable or disable this option, and the default is enabled.
After flashing the BIOS to the motherboard this new option won't even show up itself (I have a 'non-HT enabled' 2.4B), so I think you have to modify the BIOS in the CPU microcode level, which is quite a hard job...

regards

R.

Sounds like a lot of work to me, I installed the new bios last night and it seems pretty good, it would be nice to have HT though.

Greffel said:

MAybe we could get lower....not really intrested....since my setup is for no noise only...

Are you running your fans @ max and what watersystem du you have....
i've got silverprop 5, eheim 1250 and ss3 rad with shroud....
i put water mix a little bit with a car coolant.....
Fan is panaflow 120 mm with max speed

Back