• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Plat Rev.2 232mhz barrier Help Pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nazzrath

Registered
I recently put together a new system (see signature) and have hit a wall with my RAM.
Running my RAM at anything higher than 232mhz 2.9v 2.5-4-4-10 gives me errors on Memtest86. I've been seeing a lot of people going way over 232mhz with their OCZ Plat Rev.2 with lower volts and timings. Does anyone have any tips they can give me? Like should I let the RAM burn in longer than 8hrs using memtest? Any tips would be appreciated.

thx

Well I tested both 512 sticks seperately. One will run at 265mhz 2.5-3-3-7, the other runs at 255mhz 2.5-3-3-7 both at 2.9v with no errors on Memtest+. But when I run them both dual channel in my Asus A8R-MPV, the best I can get out of them is 232mhz 2-3-3-7 at 2.9v. I'm affraid to push my volts higher with just air cooling. Anyone out there have any experience in using OCZ plats with more than 2.9v that can give me some pointers?

looks like you got some bunk sticks of memory... if you got it while they were making them with TCC5 chips instead of TCCD, its easy to understand why its not OCing as well as the majority

Best bet is to set memory to 166 (DDR333) HTT at 250 and HTX to 4x. Latancies are not the only issue since you are still hitting them with higher freqs than the logic on those chips can handle. You should end up at 2500m, HT running 1000m x 2 and DDR400. With the onboard memory controller, these AMDs are real efficient when it comes to lower latancies. I think you will be able to run from HTT240-260 depending on your Mobo, CPU and Ram as to how well they work together. 232 just happens to be the limit of my Hyperx sticks where my Golds run about 245-248 but rated at 250. On a DFI board you might get higher numbers with a LOT of tweekin or Luck of the draw.

Back