• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over 143FSB and 2KPro dies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OKCFUNKY

Why is it that Windows 2000 professional gives page faults as soon as i go beyond 143 mhz fsb and wont even begin at 150mhz and over? Im runnin a [email protected]@1.8v on a A7N266E and the board fails to boot beyond 150mhz but i dont try that far very often. How can i get windows to boot without page faults beyond 143mhz? are there any windows versions or linux i could use?
p.s. im runnin 512mb DDR333 from OCZ bought in january so i dont its revision. thanks for all the help

yup me 2... 1800+ 150fsb...

1.825 cpu
upped the ram and i/o by 1 notch as well to be safe...

hmm dunno if Asus has the choice..

my ABit does..

with all the other voltage tweaks cpu, i/o, mem

My cpu voltage was on 1.85v and ram to the two notches. I/O was up one notch. Give it a try and c what happens. First time i yank up the fsb to 150 the system won't even boot but after upping the vcore it boot and everything smooth.

just tested it over 143 again, it can now boot on 148, but the instant i fire up sandra cpu benchmark, comp crashes....
My multi is at 11.5 locked
AGP fix did help quake3 finally work

Up the CPU voltage, it may be the CPU thats holding you back. Same with the RAM voltage. For testing purposes you cant hurt to max out the RAM voltage, may not want to run it there long term with no cooling though.

I did have that problem before... losing my USB and Gameport at 150FSB on my KK266. But when I upgraded my Power Supply ( to 350 Watts ), the problem was fixed... have tried running at 170FSB and still USB and Gameport are ok... though my HDD craps out if running at that FSB for more than an hour....

Back