• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Had the last worker fail about 5min in. IM gonna try to set the CPUNB voltage (currently on auto). Ill report back if you guys arent getting annoyed with helping me?

I am running the same Mobo/CPU as you and in order to run my NB Frequency @2400+ and maintain stability (2 hr OCCT/8hours of P95) I had to adjust my CPU-NB voltage to 1.30 I would try yours at 1.2875 and go up from there.

I run my CPU-NB at 1.3V also, I have not bothered to test if I can lower it at all though.

Were making progress..I ran P95 and made it about 5min b4 worker failed lol. gonna go turn the CPU bus down to 220 and try and 20.5 multi.

Am I going to get more performance boost out of using the CPU bus or the cpu multi? I turned the multi down and im 10min into P95 heres settings. Temps seem good so far.

Attachments

• 19.5 multi.PNG
    19.5 multi.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 156
  • 19.5.PNG
    19.5.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 155
Dropped a worker after 12min at ^^ settings. Dropped the Bus speed by 1 and retesting. goin good so far.

I recant my previous statement..I dropped a worker after about 12minutes of Blend test. Gonna drop the Bus a notch

Quit dropping the Bus and up the voltages. Well unless you just want to stay slow. IF the temps have gotten too high from raising the Vcore then you need more cooling before trying to overclock further. Get it stable in the 4.3Ghz range and get some more cooling. IMO.
RGone...

Bus overclocking advantages taper off pretty fast after 215-220 if I recall corectly from the benches someone ran several months back. Somewhere in the range of like 213 to 217 is where you find your absolute biggest gain from FSB generally. I like 220 because it locks your other frequencies in at a good point and is right on the cusp of that range.

I agree with RGone though, you have one of 3 things limiting you. Not enough vCore, not enough LLC(part of problem 1), or to high of temps. If temps not to high add volts if temps are high lower expectations or upgrade cooling.

Quit dropping the Bus and up the voltages. Well unless you just want to stay slow. IF the temps have gotten too high from raising the Vcore then you need more cooling before trying to overclock further. Get it stable in the 4.3Ghz range and get some more cooling. IMO.
RGone...

RGone has the right idea I wouldnt mess with the fsb at all leave @200 bump multiplier to 21.5 keep vcore @ 1.428v if you pass 20 mins of P95 drop the voltage until you fail go back up one step and run for 2 hours+ keep an eye on temps and post a shot of HWmonitor showing all temps and voltages so we know where your at.

This is what im currently testing.
Im about 10min into P95 and highest temp is 59, little high, but I think its pretty stable so far. Would it be beneficial to drop the bus to 220 and the multi to 20? That would put me at the same 4.4Ghz..I think I get higher Memory speed if I lower the FSB a little bit and raise the multi.

Attachments

• 226fsb.PNG
    226fsb.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 155
Raising and lowering FSB, raises and lowers memory speed. So how is lowering the FSB going to give greater memory speed?

IF you raise FSB you will raise:
1. > CPU Mhz.

2. > You will raise ram speed.

3. > You will raise CPU_NB

4. > You will raise HT Frequency.

5. > 2, 3 and 4 above are absolutely dead on unless you adjust one of those other items multiplier to make them remain low.

Ran P95 and at about 32minutes into the test I received this error on the last worker.

ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUT
Possible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.

It posted that error about 100x only on the worker #6, before it stopped working. What does this mean?
Here are the settings I was testing. I planned to leave it on overnight since I was at about 30+min and the temps were good. Checked it one more time before bed and noticed it stopped.

Attachments

• send.PNG
    send.PNG
    37.8 KB · Views: 155
I changed the multi back to 21.5 and set the Bus back to 200. Memory is back at 1600, CPU_NB 2400 HT_Link 2600. I ran P95 blend for an hour and it looked really good, temps only got to about 57max, so I decided to leave it on overnight and test. When I woke up in the morning P95 was still going strong, but I noticed the max temp the CPU Packages got up to was 63c WTF? lol I hope I didnt hurt anything :( I dropped the cpu volts down a notch and im gonna retest 2+hours of P95 when I get home from work. If Im still stable and temps look better, then Ill start raising the CPU bus and see where I can get it.

Does this strat sound about rite, or am I doing something wrong? Should I go back to the low multi and high bus?

Your CPU is going to require about the same voltage to run a given speed regardless of if your using 200 bus or some higher value. The important thing is to figure out what your target speed is going to require for volts and what your temps will be. Once you have that info you can start playing around the other frequencies and get your rig locked in. 62C is AMDs published rating for these chips so its not going to hurt it, but overclocked CPUs tend to be a bit more unstable above 55C.

So far so good! P95blend rounding up 1hour gonna keep it goin for at least another hour then raise the FSB a tad. Temps are good, only got up to 59 when I started snipping pictures n jazz. I dropped the LLC from Extreme to Ultra and it lowered my temp's a tad, I just had to raise the Vcore a tad to get stability, but still better temps..

Attachments

• BIG.PNG
    BIG.PNG
    89.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Capturemem.PNG
    Capturemem.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 139
I set my CPU_NB to 205 and and the CPU_NB Volts to 1.300 but Im droping workers..This is after getting it stable at 4.3GHZ with just multi and vcore. I tried dropping HT_Link to 2400 from 2600, but still droppin workers. Gonna try raising the Vcore a lil more cause im gettin good temps.

You write >> I set my CPU_NB to 205

I write >> I have never seen a setting like for CPU_NB. Maybe FSB or CPU Frequency.

You write >> tried dropping HT_Link to 2400 from 2600

I write >> That is probably the one buss frequency you can keep right at 2600Mhz and it will not cause any problem one way or another. It is designed by AMD to run at 2600Mhz.

Back