• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler 4.5ghz Cedar Mill 5ghz club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hyperasus said:
We should start a pool for ross's new 920 lol. I'd pay $20 too see how far the vcore can go before it kills the presler lmao.
LOL

haha... might be like with presscotts... the mb/psu blow not the cpu... :D
cant say i have seen any prescotts dying...
seen psu`s killing komplete rigs but not just cpu`?

Ross said:
I have no idea what my temps are under load...definintely toward the positive side, but since it only goes as low -16C on idle, I am not surprised. I don't believe the temps is reads on phase at all, but they can't be too bad or it would never finish PCMark04 there from lack of capacity...the 670 was limited to 5GHz on all 3D/PCMarks for that very reason. They only thing it could do >5GHz really was SPi 1M because it's so short...

Sorry, Forgot you went to phase....Still thought you were on water

Ross said:
d94, I need you to update my stable from 5318 ->5407....PCMark04 is below.

This score is nuts for a single core with a crappy vid card/no RAID/no ram drive or I-RAM. Took 1.60Vc to get the score and I am still trying to do it DDR1000 4-2-3-4 for >8200.

If this were a Presler, it'd be like 14000 :D

661_pc04_8187.gif

The 661 is also kicking the crapola out of my 670...benching SPi 1M about where the 670 suicided. 5570 with a whopping DDR1030 4-2-3-4. 661 has 150MHz higher clock, 100MHz faster DDR and 80FSB LESS than the 670 and it beat that best score by .4s.

More than anything, it's a testament to their drop in TDP and stability near max clocks. The 670 on phase struggled to complete a SPi 1M @ 5.4GHz before heat became an issue on the SS. I think the CM could easily do 5.6GHz with the extra Vc it will take to do it on the same SS.

661_spi_23313.gif
np Ross i just need a cpu-z veri link!

d94, with a score of 9104, shouldn't you be on the first page of 3DMark04 Scores? I dont think anyone is way past 10000.

You mean PCMark04? There is no 3DMark04 :) I had a 9209 on my 930 @ just 4.3GHz, then I swapped out for a 661 which clocks higher, but of course doesn't do well in PCMarks. I did crack an 82xx @ 5.4GHz last night which is great for a single core.

Anyway, Futuremark does not yet recognize Presler or Cedar Mill cores, so they are all unpublishable (is that a word)? When they fix it, you will see results from the new procs on ORB.

Just checked, the Prelser results can be published on ORB now, but not the Cedar Mills yet :(

My 9203

markodude...those ATI cards always score way higher in pcmark04. I have no idea why. I would also love to know why ATI cards do so well in pcmark04.

So basically, these new preslers and cedar mills are the best performance/cost ratio of all processors, intel and amd? They are cheap and they are getting really high pcmark scores. Its incredible. Well see how they all do in pcmark05

^^ Anyone who answers that will likely cause an avalanche of AMD .vs Intel posts and force the mods to edit or close this thread, so please be careful in your responses. If you want thoughts on AMDs, ask in the AMD section, but you already know what they will say ;)

That said, I believe Preslers are the best P4 Intel has put out to date...they clock well, run cooler than Prescotts and benchmarks are VERY impressive.

Ross its interesting you seem to whoop me in the graphics test even though I am running Dual 7800GTs
That run was running x1600XTs (stock clocks) in CF. If it was a 3D bench, you'd be walking ALL over them ;)

I am going to die if I don't see a PCMark04 for a 5GHz Presler! It's gotta be close to 10000 if not over :) Nice clock. Damn, I am so torn between a new vid card or another Presler to beat up on :shrug:

PCMark04 for a 5GHz Presler . ill give it a run when i get time. but dont expect so high score with the 6600gt . im still waiting for the x1900xt to be lounched

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
For that 5ghz screeny, is that your maximum validation? BTW, I only get 6935 @ 4.711, dont feel bad about it ;).
I think so, i had to give it way too much voltage {1.525V :eek: } to get that. Haven't had too much time to mess around with it, been working crazy hours lately {to help pay for my hardware addiction} But i hope i will have some free time this weekend.

I got 9203 with a 930 @ 4.3GHz and a pair of x1600XTs in CF, BUT my 661 is doing >8200 @ 5.4GHz with just the x700 Pro card in. You've gotta be *at least* 1000 over that on a dual core @ 5GHz. I'll keep my fingers cross for ya :)

Back