• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: .Arctic. (modding on a budget)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have no idea what to do with those heatsinks, lol. Looking good, though! You're welcome for the hosting. :D

Moderate Update-

Alright, I've slacked up on my updates. I must finish this up soon, because I'm getting tired of having a dead open case lying around my room.

As soon as my pictures go up, I shall post them. I fitted the plexiglass window and an example top fan, it looks most coolum indeed. However, I'm thinking of covering the cut edges with something because the cut isn't perfect.

I finally did the drive door window! Unfortunately, the clasp that keeps the door closed has snapped under the stress while working on it, so I must figure out a way to get past this. I have an idea or three, though, so keep checking.

The paint job is coming along; again I haven't really been working on it, but the main side panel will be done after a few more coats. I need to buy some clear coat, come to think of it.

For all wondering, World of Warcraft is to blame for all this! Curse it! Gaah!

~pd

Come on we need more updates. This has been inspiring me to actually finish my year old now case mod. This was helping now its not becuase it gives me an excuse to play Farcry all day(Just got since I finally got a Vid card its playable on).

Go GO PhantomDitto

Meh, part of the reason I've slacked off is because it's been too cold. Can't paint, and I have to work outside so I can't really work. I'll try to pick this back up over Christmas, if we have a warm afternoon.

Here's some pics to let you guys know that yes, I have done some work over the past month. Meant to post these up sooner...

DSCF0711.JPG

DSCF0712.JPG

DSCF0713.JPG

DSCF0715.JPG

(This is definitely being cut out for better airflow)

DSCF0717.JPG

I'm putting a second fan hole above the one that is there.

DSCF0718.JPG

The hole is a little lopsided, but when I get the fan put in, I think it'll look alright.

DSCF0731.JPG

DSCF0720.JPG

This is the case with those panels installed, but sans a front bezel. That's now white, but still needs some work. That fan is temporary too. :)

DSCF0732.JPG

This has recieved some work since, I've sanded it down some with 1500 grit sandpaper.

As a side note, I'm going to be replacing my PSU as well... it buzzes very annoyingly sometimes, and I want a new one.

Anyhow, I will try to keep updating. Perhaps I will go outside and see if the weather will permit some work.

~pd

Last edited:
Update:

Lights, fans, and other goodies currently being shipped by FedEx!

I really should do some painting, recently we've had a warm front come through that has gotten the temps up to the mid 60s. I need to sand some stuff down as well, but after that it's clear coat city, baby!

~pd

Back