• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stepping check b4 I purchase, just a quick yes or no

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With only that information, you can't be sure it's a B revision t-bred, and not an A. The codes that follow it can provide this information for you; you want to have the stepping code read as JIUHB, and not something like AIRGA or AIUGA. If your vendor doesn't provide this, I'd be willing to bet its actually a T-bred A.

MLMIB said:
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1962{8}17

thats a t-bred B right? has the stepping u mentioned, just I'm paranoid, sry for buggin, but dont' wanna purchase the wrong thing 'cause I'm sitting on this chip for at least a month b4 I order the mobo to go w/ it.

thanx

It is a good stepping that you want to get. Tbred B JIUHB 0310 with either XPMW or WPMW. Retail box with 3 year warranty, with a potential paper weight and desk fan.

well yea, but I need the 3 year warranty 'cause I might not have a mobo to test it in for more than 30 days, meaning I could get it doa, and wouldn't know until the warranty ran out, also, it seems to state that the 3 year warranty is unconditional, while the oem one isn't, the oem one goes out of it's way to say it dosn't account for oc's, while the 3 year is amd based. I dunno, just after the doa insurance

I usually get retail box. I now have lots of paper weights and desk fans, lol.

I am not trying to discourage you from buying at that price. FYI, I got two retail box in the last two months, and I paid $65 total for each.

don't worry amd will take care of you :D i had to deal with them because i had 2 dead cpu's

Is it easy to get a replacement of dead CPU? For good and bad, I haven't get a chance to take advantage of the 3 year warranties yet. Maybe I haven't oc hard enough. lol

Back