• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome (S.N.D.S.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what does that lines mean in Asus PC-Probe (2.17.07), 'DMI-Explorer:

Prozessor:
Supported Voltage 1.8V
Max. Speed 2400

I can't get the clue, also cause the mb supports officially max. 1.7V (via jumper, or newest bios) which i set. But the line 'VCore' in Probe shows me a actual value of 1.84! So, lookd like i wait for the syndrom now..

:eh?:

water cooling will not real affect the chip as it is always near room or slightly lowers. it cools better than air as it can conduct more thermal energy per second from the Hsf. thats all

Ras you turkey got 8 stars already!!!! I hate you old man what do you live on these forums! Secondly umm the safe zone for northwood voltage is 1.85 volts no more!!! also this NSDSRPQVL whatever it is... DId you just make that up?

Darryl_D said:
Ras you turkey got 8 stars already!!!! I hate you old man what do you live on these forums! Secondly umm the safe zone for northwood voltage is 1.85 volts no more!!! also this NSDSRPQVL whatever it is... DId you just make that up?

heh heh, i know, i'm a big mouth. where 'ya been kid. we had an amd troll in here. you're nearly as good as sss at putting them in their place!:D

Rasputin'sLiver said:

heh heh, i know, i'm a big mouth. where 'ya been kid. we had an amd troll in here. you're nearly as good as sss at putting them in their place!:D

Troll is gone and now everything is back to normal....:D

pacino said:
When I spoke to Intel, one of their Engineers told me how the new northies, and he was refering to 533 bus aka "B" Side, don't like temps below 18c .. and he recommended "temps in between 20~28c" for good cooling.. Ras & Mica mentioned how frost mighta killed them, and I do believe that a combination of both, anything over 1.7 + extreme cooling = no B-northies will live. However, just a bit more about my experience with "A" northies, I had 2.2 and now 1.6, tested them both on the same setup as my smoked 2.26b and guess what? .. 2.2 did not die till I sold it (5months of uptime) and my 1.6 is on her 2nd week. B's are weak? sensitive? I don't know, but I'm not buying anotha 2.26 for sure!

i wonder why this is? maybe high voltage at low temperatures causes chipping or microfine cracks leading to snds.....

the answer lies below the heat spreader unfortunately, and it isnt wise to remove it when you're looking for an RMA!:eek:

dansonang said:
water cooling will not real affect the chip as it is always near room or slightly lowers. it cools better than air as it can conduct more thermal energy per second from the Hsf. thats all

the thing i don't like about water cooling is that i fear leakage and condensation... but i guess if you're real careful...:D

plz ras only you would fear a little water! :D NO taxes is good taxes that's my motto!

Condensation pffffttt.. condensation is good. I mean it cleans the whole inside of your case! ;)

Rasputin'sLiver said:

the thing i don't like about water cooling is that i fear leakage and condensation... but i guess if you're real careful...:D

Condensation will not occur with watercooling. Leakage may, but the dangers can be controlled quite effectively, especially when using distilled (not very conductive) water.

Darryl_D said:
plz ras only you would fear a little water! :D NO taxes is good taxes that's my motto!

Condensation pffffttt.. condensation is good. I mean it cleans the whole inside of your case! ;)

LOL!:)

Originally posted by FIZZ3
Condensation will not occur with watercooling. Leakage may, but the dangers can be controlled quite effectively, especially when using distilled (not very conductive) water.

What's the fun in using distilled water?!!! Personally i feel a little electricity never hurt anyone.

you could always go for Prometeria or a Vapo... though i guess not everyone has got $600 lying around... and if i did i certainly wouldn't spend it on a vapo when i could build myself anotehr system with it!

btw Ras how many volts are ya giving the 2.26 and the 1.8a to get those overclocks? And whendya spring in for a TH7II???... you still got that dual xp system?

Darryl_D said:

What's the fun in using distilled water?!!! Personally i feel a little electricity never hurt anyone.

you could always go for Prometeria or a Vapo... though i guess not everyone has got $600 lying around... and if i did i certainly wouldn't spend it on a vapo when i could build myself anotehr system with it!

LOL =)

Sorry 4 the late reply... was away for 2 weeks...

Surely you are aware that distilled water is tha bomb!? I drink it everyday and I feel better and more watery with each beverage! =D

Mica im curious, what do you get when you run SiSoftware memory benchmark?

Thanks,
Briane

SoL said:
Mica im curious, what do you get when you run SiSoftware memory benchmark?

Thanks,
Briane

note: all numbers are not the best score I got....they are just what ever I took a picture of, or recorded at the time.

133x4x2=1064 3299/3297 ( this is a few points low(think 5))
150x3x2=900 3154/3155
154x3x2=924 3236/3234
158x3x2=948 3332/3330:eek:
160x3x2=960 3292/3292:confused:

now if the numbers above make sense to you, please explain this to me like I'm a dummy.

mica

To quote you "please remember that you will need about 180 mem bus to hit PC800 RDRAM results." I'm getting 3240 MB/s with my DDR3200. Which is very close to PC1066 speed no? I paid $185 for my ram. My processor is at 159mhz right now, so if I went higher say with a watercooler would I exeed PC1066 results?

Thanks,
Briane

I've hit 3352/3349 mb/s for memory in SiSoftsandra.. as the attached shows.. i think about 167 fsb with relatively aggressive timings. just barrrrely gets past PC1066 :D. this is with corsair PC3200 and 2.9 vdimm. was stable, but i've cut it back coz my cpu was running a bit hot :/
w00tmemory.jpg

Back