• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome (S.N.D.S.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SoL said:
To quote you "please remember that you will need about 180 mem bus to hit PC800 RDRAM results." I'm getting 3240 MB/s with my DDR3200. Which is very close to PC1066 speed no? I paid $185 for my ram. My processor is at 159mhz right now, so if I went higher say with a watercooler would I exeed PC1066 results?

Thanks,
Briane

I'm sorry, I thought you were responding to how sandra gives bad results at FSB over 155....

are you at 160fsb?

that would explain the flat out wrong result both you and I got at this speed.

btw...I spent $188 for two sticks of 256mb pc800 sammys, shipped.

mica

crucial said:
I've hit 3352/3349 mb/s for memory in SiSoftsandra.. as the attached shows.. i think about 167 fsb with relatively aggressive timings. just barrrrely gets past PC1066 :D. this is with corsair PC3200 and 2.9 vdimm. was stable, but i've cut it back coz my cpu was running a bit hot :/
w00tmemory.jpg

nice OC, sorry your bandwith scores are wrong.

mica

micamica1217 said:

I'm sorry, I thought you were responding to how sandra gives bad results at FSB over 155....

are you at 160fsb?

that would explain the flat out wrong result both you and I got at this speed.

btw...I spent $188 for two sticks of 256mb pc800 sammys, shipped.

mica

Ok let me try to understand this, you say over 155 sandra gives bad results. At 155 I get 3159 MB/s and at 159 like I originally said, I get 3240 MB/s. So if I'm understanding you right, by me increasing from 155 to 159 I'm not going to gain 81 MB/s in my bandwith results? For some reason I think you're just saying that because you don't want to admit DDR 3200 runs just as fast if not faster than PC1066 especially when overclocking is concered. Does anyone else think I'm wrong? And btw congrats on the scores Crucial!! badass!! :)

SoL said:

Ok let me try to understand this, you say over 155 sandra gives bad results. At 155 I get 3159 MB/s and at 159 like I originally said, I get 3240 MB/s. So if I'm understanding you right, by me increasing from 155 to 159 I'm not going to gain 81 MB/s in my bandwith results? For some reason I think you're just saying that because you don't want to admit DDR 3200 runs just as fast if not faster than PC1066 especially when overclocking is concered. Does anyone else think I'm wrong? And btw congrats on the scores Crucial!! badass!! :)

please under stand that sandra does give you bad results at hight FSB.

look at my memory speed at 133x4x2=1064 speed(or pc1066).....3299/3297

now take a look at 158fsb 158x3x2=948 speed......3332/3330 :confused:

now how can 948 speed beat out 1066 speed???

this has been tested over and over with the same results.

start to bench with pcmark2k2 and you will see better memory scores....(more reliable).

look at any rdram vs DDR system with the same CPU and you will see that rdram crushes ddr scores....untill 180fsb.

mica

edit: now why does an AMD system need 180fsb just to match pc800 rdram???

could the problem be with intel chipsets???? or does sandra need a patch badly?

micamica1217 said:

please under stand that sandra does give you bad results at hight FSB.

look at my memory speed at 133x4x2=1064 speed(or pc1066).....3299/3297

now take a look at 158fsb 158x3x2=948 speed......3332/3330 :confused:

now how can 948 speed beat out 1066 speed???

this has been tested over and over with the same results.

start to bench with pcmark2k2 and you will see better memory scores....(more reliable).

look at any rdram vs DDR system with the same CPU and you will see that rdram crushes ddr scores....untill 180fsb.

mica

edit: now why does an AMD system need 180fsb just to match pc800 rdram???

could the problem be with intel chipsets???? or does sandra need a patch badly?

Ok I can't explain to you why 948 beats 1066 speed because I don't know crap about RDRAM. But thats besides the point, you didnt answer my question. You said that over 155 you get bad results did you not? So my 3159 MB/s at 155 is right or wrong? If you say its right then why wouldn't me overclocking more give me more memory bandwith? You're confusing the hell out of me and probably everyone else reading this. Your computer not giving you the results that you want doesn't have anything to do with what people are getting with DDR. And btw at 2.76ghz I get 3281MB/s. Thats 59 MB/s off PC1066 :D So says Sandra. What are you getting for PCMark2002 scores?

SoL said:

Ok I can't explain to you why 948 beats 1066 speed because I don't know crap about RDRAM. But thats besides the point, you didnt answer my question. You said that over 155 you get bad results did you not? So my 3159 MB/s at 155 is right or wrong? If you say its right then why wouldn't me overclocking more give me more memory bandwith? You're confusing the hell out of me and probably everyone else reading this. Your computer not giving you the results that you want doesn't have anything to do with what people are getting with DDR. And btw at 2.76ghz I get 3281MB/s. Thats 59 MB/s off PC1066 :D So says Sandra. What are you getting for PCMark2002 scores?

I'm sorry that I'm confusing you.

I'm not the only one that thinks that sandra needs a patch.

let me please repeat my self.....why does an AMD system need 180fsb just to hit pc800 rdram speeds and an intel needs less???
are you saying that at 160 fsb a intel based DDR system has better memory bandwith then an AMD at 200fsb????

the results I get are on my mobo....are you going to tell me that all thies numbers make sence to you???

I truely can't say that the problem starts at 155fsb....it could start earlyer.

I know you say that you dont understand RDRAM...yet how can 948 speed beat 1066 speed???

this is like saying that pc2700 DDR is faster then pc3200 DDR....

now the real question is what are you getting in real world results.

Q3A,UT,comanchie4 demo,pcmark,3dmark and so on..........

start to compair and you will see that the sisoft sandra is not the end all be all test at anything........and can be flat out wrong sometimes.

maybe some one else could explain this better then I.

mica

The word AMD never came out of my mouth. I don't know why alot of people with Intel processors are getting such good results with DDR. Mabey Sandra does need a patch, I don't know. This all started by you saying that over 155 you get bad results with Sandra. So any score I get with Sandra is bs? What should I go by? Thanks for the help.

PS: Is my 13925 3dMark 2001SE Score bs too?

Last edited:
SoL said:
The word AMD never came out of my mouth. I don't know why alot of people with Intel processors are getting such good results with DDR. Mabey Sandra does need a patch, I don't know. This all started by you saying that over 155 you get bad results with Sandra. So any score I get with Sandra is bs? What should I go by? Thanks for the help.

PS: Is my 13925 3dMark Score bs too?

please remember that you started this by quoteing me....
about what I said about anyone needing 180fsb to equal pc800 rdram.

I can not be blamed for sandra giveing you bad results.....I am just the messenger.;)

as for your 3dmark2k1 score.....it is not bs, and nice score btw.

I hope I didn't make you mad at me, I was just relaying the results of what I am getting....and seeing others get.

I have also built OCed amd systems so I do know a little about DDR memory.

I also know that you never said the words AMD....yet I thought it might be the best way to show that sandra needs a patch for the intel systems that are out today.

I hope to hear and see what others think about my results.....
and why P4/DDR gets better bandwith results then AMD.

I dought that sandra will ever patch this mem problem up.

there are just too few peeps here that want to lower there DDR scores.

hell after I put this watercooling in my system....I'll run at 158fsb instead of 160fsb....I get better scores at 158 then 160fsb.:p

mica

asw7576 said:
Mica, I think we should go for "mainstreams" . DDR memory is currently "King of the Hill" in memory market, so getting Corsair XMS3200 or generic Samsung DDR400 (same as PC3200) shouldn't be wrong decision.
what planet are you from, bring any ddr rig against me, and see what happens.:D you should know what you are talking about before you speak.:confused:

You didnt make me mad, just confused. I put a new post up for people to make their comments about Sandra needing a patch. I was thinking about watercooling too but then I'd have to voltmod my cpu right? I don't want to fry the thing :( I'd like to get up to about 3ghz with this processor.

Thanks,
Briane

SoL said:
You didnt make me mad, just confused. I put a new post up for people to make their comments about Sandra needing a patch. I was thinking about watercooling too but then I'd have to voltmod my cpu right? I don't want to fry the thing :( I'd like to get up to about 3ghz with this processor.

Thanks,
Briane
dude, your scores are nice for ddr, but you can only hope to contain these scores.:D this is with seti running too. OMG:eek:

hey jd,

just to let you know...DD also screwed up my shipping.:(

do you know what is worse then haveing your rad,shroud and fan come in today and have to wait for monday for your maze3 and tubing??????:mad:

man I could just ****.

mica

jdmcnudgent said:
dude, your scores are nice for ddr, but you can only hope to contain these scores.:D this is with seti running too. OMG:eek:

jd I'm a dumbass newbie, what is seti? Nice overclock!

SoL said:

jd I'm a dumbass newbie, what is seti? Nice overclock!

jd is just trying to find a lady friend from an other planet.:p

seems he can't find a girl here who likes computers.

mica

micamica1217 said:
hey jd,

just to let you know...DD also screwed up my shipping.:(

do you know what is worse then haveing your rad,shroud and fan come in today and have to wait for monday for your maze3 and tubing??????:mad:

man I could just ****.

mica
why did you go with the maze 3??? the maze 2 is the chit. that is what im running, two of them come tuesday. and, you aint gotta tell me, my pump and res for the secondary sys came in today and they did a chitty job of making it, and im still waiting on the fan and block to come on monday. but i will be happy when it comes.:D

jdmcnudgent said:
why did you go with the maze 3??? the maze 2 is the chit. that is what im running, two of them come tuesday. and, you aint gotta tell me, my pump and res for the secondary sys came in today and they did a chitty job of making it, and im still waiting on the fan and block to come on monday. but i will be happy when it comes.:D

there is almost no diffrence in temps with the maze3 vs maze2...that I know of.

and I'll be using SSS's UV glowing mix in my rig. it shoud look nice glowing through my tygon and clear maze3.

the uv light and windowed door came yesterday.:D

pics will follow the install.

mica

micamica1217 said:

there is almost no diffrence in temps with the maze3 vs maze2...that I know of.

and I'll be using SSS's UV glowing mix in my rig. it shout look nice glowing through my tygon and clear maze3.

the uv light and windowed door came yesterday.:D

pics will follow the install.

mica
i got some pretty awesome temps, and all i used is water wetter and distilled water.:D tygon tubing is for suckers, its overpriced, i will take home depot tubing any day of the week.:D

ps, you are finally getting wett.:p

Back