• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tbred Voltage Mod via Mobo Socket Jumpers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deez said:
Edward2...do you have a photo or diagram showing the pin locations?

How did you overclocked the board of you. I had an ECS K7S5A myself, and it was impossible to overclock my CPU...

I have the KX7-333 motherboard, and it allows me to change the FSB speed, DRAM speed, PCI:AGP:FSB ratio, CPU multiplier, CPU voltage, etc (within limits on each of these).

Deez has the same motherboard that you do. Hopefully he can explain it for your motherboard (ECS K7S5A).

Based on the manual for your motherboard, it would appear that you could change the FSB speed and DRAM speed (listed under the "CPU PnP Setup" section. I'm not sure whether it will let you change the CPU multiplier. I know that you cannot change the voltage, because Deez said that he had to use the jumpers described in the thread to change the CPU voltage.

i wanted to say thanxs it worked like a charm and it helped me go from 1.72 stable to 1.94 stable :) very easy to do too thanxs!!!!

Jeep77, yes the technique will work on a Tbred B, but you will have to jumper different holes since your CPU has a different default voltage.

I think your default CPU voltage is 1.65 volts. If it is, then all of your bridges are connected except for VID3. If you connect VID3, it will change your voltage to 1.85 volts (which is the max default voltage).

ssspy007, glad to hear it worked for you as well. 220 extra MHz is quite a bit !!!

Jeep77, I'm sure you already know this, but make sure you keep an eye on your CPU temps. 1.85 volts will definitely make your temps increase. And congratulations... 2.4 GHz !!

Thanks for the tip...I am watching the temps. After about 2 hours of Prime i'm at ~40C which isn't too bad right?

Great work Edward2,
Just want to add our link/s that show the locations of all the VID pins, their Bit Values, and the algorithm for Vcore.
http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm link to Duron/Tbird, Palomino, Tbred articles...all of which discuss Vcore circuits, Bit Values, how to set/reset etc with pics and diagrams. Makes that part easier and clearer.

But of course with this wire jumprs method you still need the pinout diagram from 25175.pdf to locate the nearest Vss/ground pin/s.
John C.

Thank you John. I have read a fair amount from your website; although I still haven't finished yet, but I am definitely impressed with the amount of information that you have put together. With the number of questions that have arisen lately, especially with regards to the Tbreds being unlocked, I think websites like yours can be a great source of information.

Hopefully people are taking the time to read some of these resources and answer their own questions, or at least understand the reasoning behind the answers.

Hey Ghost were you ever able to find that volt mod link. I have found a few but all the ones I found leave your board looking like some frankenstein project

My name says it all

I have an xp1700+ A Tbred and would like to perform this mod to gain more Vcore. Currently at 1.5V default, max 1.6V don't want to play around with the L11 bridges, can someone simply show me on a diagram, which two holes need to be jumpered with a wire on the CPU socket on the motherboard. Edward2 maybe you can lend me a hand on this one, i see the pins are near the gold triangle on the CPU, could you show me which holes they correspond to on the socket A. Much appreciated!!

yea i was really surprised it jumped that fast i did it in small steps and didnt think it was ever gonna stop, i actually think its my crappy hdd and psu holdin me back, maybe also my 32mb aiw (all of which is gettin replaced this weekend, hopefully) so i will report back when i get everything setup and runnin again

btw my temp under load was only 37C :) so i think my coolin is enuff for more

My 1800+ Tbred A is currently running at 182*11 = 2002 MHz with 1.85 volts. My CPU temp varies between 36-40C depending on the room ambient temp in my office (my office stays quite warm with 5 computers running, even with the window partially open).

Well I killed my ECS K7S5A yesterday with a multiplier mod and got a MSI KT3 Ultra2 and voltage is only adjustable to 1.6V so I'll be doing this voltage mod one more time (probably tonight)

I'm already at 1730 (ran prime95 overnight) with 1.6V so I'm hoping for 1900 or above with increased voltage

Back