• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Benching Team needs your help! (Post here if participating)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ain't got's much but I got's SS. Don't know why everyone talked smack on these units mine will drop a Tualatin to -60c @ the head like nobody's business.

When you gonna break out the RAM's o' great one? I know you got's 'em.

nothing wrong with a SS from what i see they just dont go as cold as dice/cc/ln2 so people who want colder go with those.

but from what i can tell a SS would be handy as hell for when you dont want to drive or pay for dice/ln2.

i can see myself buying one eventually actually just to bin chips or just bench more often in general.

I was just pondering our overall ranking in the Cup and #3 and a mere 88 points of the lead is pretty darn impressive especially when you consider the relatively few people we have benching compared to the 2 monsters ahead of us! Great work everybody (especially you new guys) who has contributed and let's grab that top spot!

I was just pondering our overall ranking in the Cup and #3 and a mere 88 points of the lead is pretty darn impressive especially when you consider the relatively few people we have benching compared to the 2 monsters ahead of us! Great work everybody (especially you new guys) who has contributed and let's grab that top spot!

I always kinda wished hwbot gave an "active users 30-60-90 days" stat, listing how many teammates have submitted results in that time frame. We are a big team, but often times it seems like there is only a half dozen or so regulars benching at any given time - ebb and flow and all that.

We are looking good for the overall team cup. We are in 3rd. 99 points ahead of 4th and only 76 away from 1st.

We need some submissions for IGP and memory still. Seems to be the popular ones that we are missing on these. ddr2, ddr3, GMA hd4000. etc.

I have a few igp scores bagged for now (one is in the lounge team cup thread) and another on a intel igp, it's nothing spectacular but probably worth about ten points as is

Quick summary of where we stand in the cup... Our biggest gains can be made in the memory clock and IGP stages so we should focus hard on those. PCMark05 will be a crap shoot, and we should end up in pretty good shape in geforce.

sub-competition 1 geforce tour

We're 3rd now, and I think we have a shot at 1st or 2nd here - lots of time left for this one.

Turn'n'Burn is coming over in a couple weeks. He's bringing a couple 680's I believe, and one of our targets will be 1st in the 600 series:
http://hwbot.org/competition/team_cup_2012_sc1/stage/615_geforce_600_series/

Janus should be here too while TnB is, so we may go after another submission in the 500 series as well on his 580.

I'm also still planning a return to the 8 series, I've got 4th now, but I have beat the current 1st place score before by a couple thousand - that card needs revived though.

sub-competition 2 Core2 UCBench

We finished 5th here - we did the best we could, but got out clocked and out tweaked. Top 5 is good though. :thup:

sub-competition 3 memory clock

This is just starting, but it will be decided by the old and obscure DIMMs. Old stuff isn't our strong suit, so we're in for a challenge here and will really have to look around/recruit forum members for help I think.

sub-competition 4 AMD Family

We finished 9th here, got beat up a bit but were only 8 points out of finishing in the top 5 - it was a really close competition overall and some really strong AMD scores were posted by all teams.

sub-competition 5 IGP Platform

Only 12 days left here, and we're getting romped on in 12th place currently... If we can improve here, that would be huge to how we finish in the overall rankings. What is really killing us is that we have no Intel GMA submissions, no Intel GMA HD submissions, and no nvidia submissions... We are only competing in 2 out of the 5 stages currently, and we need to be in all 5 to finish respectably.

Do we just not have the hardware for this?

sub-competition 6 PCMark

This one starts in August, and who knows how it will end up with the amount of tweaks there are for PCM05 - just depends who actually competes. I'll be submitting in 2x and 3x with the 555BE, and in 4x with the 3770K, both on revo3 x2 480GB for storage - they won't be great scores, but they'll be alright. I don't have a single core or hex anymore, and there are likely several around here who can beat me in any of these stages if they have raid0 sata3 ssds.

I gotta get my rear in gear on those 8800GTS512s don't I?
I'll do that this weekend, try to have 'em out to you on monday.
Having given Things a Look, those seem to be the card to do it.

I'll throw the whole stack into the oven and start moddin once they've cooled to set.

I hopefully Will get some Ln2 this coming week. I will be running the 6800 and the 7900 again. I may have access to an older Intel igp next week. I will run it if I can.

We need some submissions for IGP and memory still. Seems to be the popular ones that we are missing on these. ddr2, ddr3, GMA hd4000. etc.

I might be able to put in a submission or two for DDR2 this weekend, just too busy during the week with work and all. I can't promise high numbers though, as I am very new to overclocking with DDR2. I've only done it once or twice, and that was by accident to be honest, had an incorrect setting in my BIOS IIRC. I might be able to hit 500-533MHz stock on some of my DDR2-1066 sticks, but they don't like to go much higher than that from what I've seen; though some people have reported good clocks on my particular model of kit.

DDR3 I'm not much help on unless I reassemble my AM3 system for testing, since I tore it down last week to put a 775 board in the case for the Core 2 portion of the competition.

Back